Ayr vs Dunfermline

3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:
3 hours ago, munro7 said:
Thought we were very good first half. Sat off too much in the second without initially looking to even hit on the break. Fourth goal killed it thankfully. Our front players all look to have a really good understanding.

Michael Moffat.

M OFFAT IS THE WORST FOOTBALLER ON THE PLANET. END OF REALLY. aND TO THINK WE LET THE FUCKER SCORE. eMBARASING FOR THE DEFENCE.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, specialone said:

M OFFAT IS THE WORST FOOTBALLER ON THE PLANET. END OF REALLY. aND TO THINK WE LET THE FUCKER SCORE. eMBARASING FOR THE DEFENCE.

My ears are bleeding! Turn the volume down.

You've really pissed me off with the lower case a and e there. Very irritating

17 minutes ago, Super cally said:

You seen upset ,on the sauce ?

38 minutes ago, specialone said:

Only one word to discribe you ‘p***k ‘

44 minutes ago, specialone said:

Imagine not posting for two and half years and breaking your silence with that.

38 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Imagine not posting for two and half years and breaking your silence with that.

Actually he red dotted my OP first. Pleasing that a prediction managed to draw him out of whatever cave he was hiding in.

1 hour ago, specialone said:

moff.thumb.jpg.c3a986bdebf401843a180dfbced376c7.jpg

Raise your hand if you scored against the Pars

2 hours ago, smpar said:

What makes you think we have gone on a spending spree? How much more are we spending on wages right now compared to 6 months ago?

Last season we had a squad who AJ thought would challenge for the league. When it was obvious we weren’t he brought in Beadling, Craigen, Vincent and Armstrong. This left Cardle, Shiels, Wedderburn and others on the bench. If this doesn’t show you how shit AJ is then I don’t know what I can do.

Season before bring in Morris, Clark and McMullan. 

The guy is a total fuckup.

I didn't think we played as well as we have been playing, we had 3 or 4 players that weren't as good as they've been so far this season, still, 4-1 against one of the fancied teams when you're not quite at it is far removed from what we're used to in this division.

12 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Last season we had a squad who AJ thought would challenge for the league. When it was obvious we weren’t he brought in Beadling, Craigen, Vincent and Armstrong. This left Cardle, Shiels, Wedderburn and others on the bench. If this doesn’t show you how shit AJ is then I don’t know what I can do.

Season before bring in Morris, Clark and McMullan. 

The guy is a total fuckup.

Tbh from the outside I'm inclined to agree with you. There's something wrong when a manager has to make so many changes midway through a season unless he's dealing with a lot of injuries to his squad. 

I expected a lot more from Dunfermline today and although I still expect them to finish top 4 and most likely finish ahead of us I thought the 3 centre backs were incredibly slow to react to any danger. There was very little threat up front. Neither Ryan nor El Bakhtaoui have enough of a physical presence about them to trouble a defence with Adams and Rose in it. I was impressed with 3 players. Jackson Longridge and Hippolyte and Connolly when they came on. Geggan made it pretty clear that Hippolyte wasn't getting the better of him but when he went over to the other side he was dribbling past players and added a bit of spark that Dunfermline were lacking. 

There’s about seven players McCall would love to be able to afford and would bite your hand off to have in his squad.

Faissal

Longridge x2

Hippo

Higgy

Ashcroft

Beadling

Put these guys in the Ayr squad and you win the league.

Call me all the names you want, we aren’t getting anywhere near value out of AJ.

I can see where he's coming from tbh, and I'm not sure why you think the two goals you mention go against that. The second goal was a clusterfuck of terribly weak challenges, a goalkeeper being slow to react and then maybe choosing the wrong option (He tries to gather it and it rebounds off Forrests leg into his path; had he thrown a punch at the ball it might have went out to the side of the box) rather than an incisive move and that fourth came when we had pretty much 9 men in the Ayr half pushing for a second.

Ayr did out work us (Their pressing was impressive, ours non existent) and Moffat and Shankland were working well as a front two with good movement and a clear understanding while our strikers just strolled around the attacking third without a clear plan or any link up play but I don't think Ayr had any good spells of good football - I certainly can't remember any time when I thought to myself "That was a good move" or "They've worked that well" although I can remember plenty of "are we actually going to press at all?" and "what kind of tackle is that meant to be?". We clearly don't like being pressed and can't cope with any physical battles at all - Ayr were better in both aspects today, their players were able to hit the target today and their defenders didn't look like they had their boots on the wrong feet like ours. We were awful, Ayr were decent but they didn't have to be any better than that. I think Ayr will play better, I really hope we can't get worse.

I don’t completely disagree but you don’t put four goals by someone simply by working harder than them.

The second goal was a great little move into Shankland’s feet then a great little pass back to Forrest - and it did completely cut your defence open.

We certainly didn’t play nearly as much good football today though, other than flashes.

Archived