Ayr vs Dunfermline

7 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Speak for yourself, I rated the boy from the 1st time I watched him turning players inside out at the Railway End, far too many folk wrote off the boy for basically being too eager in the Airdrie game, if more of the seasoned players had shown the same eagerness throughout the season we may not have been in the playoffs.

Longridge ripped the left side of the Hibs defence a new one at Easter Rd a few season back - the boy had masses of potential, just needed the right coach in his ear. 

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Longridge ripped the left side of the Hibs defence a new one at Easter Rd a few season back - the boy had masses of potential, just needed the right coach in his ear. 

Would you swap Danny Harvey for Longridge right now ?

I'm not so sure that I would, going by what I've seen from DH so far.

Speak for yourself, I rated the boy from the 1st time I watched him turning players inside out at the Railway End, far too many folk wrote off the boy for basically being too eager in the Airdrie game, if more of the seasoned players had shown the same eagerness throughout the season we may not have been in the playoffs.

Agree, it was clear he was technically very good - even the Airdrie away game when the rest of the team was dreadful.

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Got to be honest this is the first time this season I’ve looked at a potential opposition line up and have been impressed. Think the only one I’ve never seen play is Beadling although he was getting rave reviews last season.

There's more players on the bench that could easily start. Hippolyte, Vincent, Connolly...first time in a long time we have had genuine, good options to come off the bench, but we have to make it count. AJ often leaves making a change until it's too late, last 10/15 minutes stuff when players should be hooked well before. 

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Yes I would swap Daniel Harvey for Jackson Longridge as I don't think there is a footballer called Daniel Harvey.

Daniel Harvie however is another story. 

Yes I would swap Daniel Harvey for Jackson Longridge as I don't think there is a footballer called Daniel Harvey.
Daniel Harvie however is another story. 

Correction

Daniel Harvey was a footballer from American who played for Charlotte Eagles. Midfielder though.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

He started at Ayr but only made a handful of appearances over a couple of seasons. He played against Airdrie in the play offs which we lost and got relegated but he was sent off in the second leg.

He was never great wasn’t really given a fair chance

under Roberts who eventually shattered his confidence.

I think he spent a season at Stranraer but I’d genuinely forgotten about him until I saw him play for Livi in the play offs last season.

Jackson was 16 when he played his games for Ayr...I saw him play for the Academy on numerous occassions..he was an outstanding prospect..he was tough, determined and had a great attitude...Brian Reid rated him highly and gave him his debut, coming on as sub after 13 minutes against Dundee at Somerset...he got man of the match for his performance...it is a disgrace on a grand scale that he was allowed to leave Ayr....if Jackson was still at Ayr we would never have required Paddy Boyle(good servant) nor Daniel Harvie(good player).

Jackson was 16 when he played his games for Ayr...I saw him play for the Academy on numerous occassions..he was an outstanding prospect..he was tough, determined and had a great attitude...Brian Reid rated him highly and gave him his debut, coming on as sub after 13 minutes against Dundee at Somerset...he got man of the match for his performance...it is a disgrace on a grand scale that he was allowed to leave Ayr....if Jackson was still at Ayr we would never have required Paddy Boyle(good servant) nor Daniel Harvie(good player).
Blame Mark Roberts.

7 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I wouldn't mind Longridge in front of Harvie but it won't happen, I certainly wouldn't come back to Ayr if I was treated so shabbily.

7 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Hard to say because I doubt you'll have seen much of Longridge either. 

Was Harvie the left back that scored against you in the BBC Alba game? Looked a good player. 

Hard to say because I doubt you'll have seen much of Longridge either. 

Was Harvie the left back that scored against you in the BBC Alba game? Looked a good player. 

Nah that was Callum Crane. He signed for Livi.

Harvie was the one that was on loan to Dumbarton two seasons ago from Aberdeen. Think he also scored against us as well.

Harvie is part of a defence that’s only conceded once in 8 games (direct free kick) and must have something close to 8 assists so far this season? Definetly wouldn’t want to swap him.

Probably won’t make the match this week, finish work at 3.15 so would only make the second half. Keep my £17 for my train fare to QOS next week! This will definetly be our hardest match to date, Dunfermline will have the strongest squad that we will have played. Would imagine Smith will replace Harvie and I think McDaid will replace Forrest on the right.

Doohan

Geggan Rose Adams Smith

McDaid Murdoch Kerr Crawford 

Moffat Shankland

Subs: Hare-Reid, Bell, Ferguson, Docherty, Forrest, McGuffie, Moore

Reckon this will be a 1-1 draw. Happy to keep the unbeaten run going. Shankland to continue his goal scoring run with Ayrs winner.

Harvie is part of a defence that’s only conceded once in 8 games (direct free kick) and must have something close to 8 assists so far this season? Definetly wouldn’t want to swap him.
Probably won’t make the match this week, finish work at 3.15 so would only make the second half. Keep my £17 for my train fare to QOS next week! This will definetly be our hardest match to date, Dunfermline will have the strongest squad that we will have played. Would imagine Smith will replace Harvie and I think McDaid will replace Forrest on the right.
                         Doohan
     Geggan Rose Adams Smith
McDaid Murdoch Kerr Crawford 
               Moffat Shankland
Subs: Hare-Reid, Bell, Ferguson, Docherty, Forrest, McGuffie, Moore
Reckon this will be a 1-1 draw. Happy to keep the unbeaten run going. Shankland to continue his goal scoring run with Ayrs winner.
I'd be surprised to see Forrest left out he's doing a power of work down that right hand side maybe he's not doing all the fancy stuff but I think he gives as a bit more stability just now.

21 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Or maybe even keep Vincent in the middle and move L Longridge up with El Bak. Gives AJ a headache. 

Forgot all about Higgy as well. I deserve some sort of punishment for that. Joe Thomson as well. God we have fantastic depth. 

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

I Hope so. Good wee test for both sides. The weather doesn't look great though :-/

16 Degrees and Sunny according to both Accuweather and BBC.

Archived