Ayr vs Dunfermline

We’re on fucking fire right now but this will be the hardest game we’ve played so far this season.

We’ve got a pretty crap record against Dunfermline in recent seasons but I really fancy us to win this one.

In terms of team selection I wouldn’t change too much however I think McCall may move Geggan further forward and bring Smith in at right back just to combat Longridge on that left hand side and also either Ferguson or Ecrepont for Harvie.

Doohan

Smith Adams Rose Ecrepont

Geggan Kerr Murdoch Crawford

Moffat Shankland

2-0 to Ayr with Shankland and Moffat scoring

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love a trip down to Somerset. As much as Ayr have started well, I'm quite confident as long as we can score when we're on top. The back three seems to work well when they're all fit, Beadling may be in contention and we have a decent record there. 2-1 Pars. Longridge and el Bak.

We’re on fucking fire right now but this will be the hardest game we’ve played so far this season.

We’ve got a pretty crap record against Dunfermline in recent seasons but I really fancy us to win this one.

In terms of team selection I wouldn’t change too much however I think McCall may move Geggan further forward and bring Smith in at right back just to combat Longridge on that left hand side and also either Ferguson or Ecrepont for Harvie.

Doohan

Smith Adams Rose Ecrepont

Geggan Kerr Murdoch Crawford

Moffat Shankland

2-0 to Ayr with Shankland and Moffat scoring

Would be pretty mental to bomb Ecrepont straight into this one. He should have started against Queens Park IMO.

Not really got any idea what Smith is like at left back, but I would probably put Geggan in there.

Would be pretty mental to bomb Ecrepont straight into this one. He should have started against Queens Park IMO.

Not really got any idea what Smith is like at left back, but I would probably put Geggan in there.

Think I’d rather have Ferguson at LB than Geggan. By all accounts he did well there against Inverness but you never know what kind of performance you’re going to get out of him.

It said in the AP last week that Ecrepont could be in line to make his debut so I wouldn’t be too surprised to see him play.

I don’t think many things would phase the young lad tbh! He’s been training with the first team for the last year. Don’t see why you would leave him out, agree he should have played against queens though

Geggan as either a winger or a left back sounds mental.

I think we’ll lose this, Ayr are on fantastic form and whilst we’re not exactly on poor form ourselves, I always see us as second favourites at Somerset despite our good recent record there.

2-0 Ayr. Shankland and Moff.

Geggan playing in Defence would be brilliant for us our tricky wide and attacking players would shred him. That said Ayr are looking fantastic going forward maybe a high scoring draw would be fair, 4-4. 

Geggan as either a winger or a left back sounds mental.

I think we’ll lose this, Ayr are on fantastic form and whilst we’re not exactly on poor form ourselves, I always see us as second favourites at Somerset despite our good recent record there.

2-0 Ayr. Shankland and Moff.

He played on the right once last season against Raith to mark Vaughan out the game and it worked a treat.

I’m not sure but I don’t think Dunfermline play with wingers but wing backs instead but McCall has said he’ll maybe play Geggan there again to allow Smith the freedom to get forward whenever he wants.

I’d also imagine this could be quite fiery game and Geggan is always useful in a physical battle.

If we play to the standard we did against Hearts we'll probably win, play how we did against County and we'll probably lose, absolutely pointless making any big predictions.

AJ turned down Shankland last pre season so he'll feel that he'll have a point to prove, I've never seen Crawford have a good game, in fact he's been absolutely dreadful everytime I've seen him so it'll be interesting to see if he changes that. 

Geggan at right mid would help out the middle two of Ayr, with Kerr in there as a middle two there's a chance that they could get the legs run off them. 

Think I’d rather have Ferguson at LB than Geggan. By all accounts he did well there against Inverness but you never know what kind of performance you’re going to get out of him.

It said in the AP last week that Ecrepont could be in line to make his debut so I wouldn’t be too surprised to see him play.

Ultimately I have no idea if Ecrepont is ready, but he’s only 16. Geggan isn’t exactly the most forward thinking full back so sure be alright in the left. Daniel Harvey a big miss though.

Geggan playing in Defence would be brilliant for us our tricky wide and attacking players would shred him. That said Ayr are looking fantastic going forward maybe a high scoring draw would be fair, 4-4. 

We have conceded one goal in eight games this season, zero from open play. Andy Geggan has been excellent in defence.

Smith I'm at LB to cover for Harvie, Geggan has be excellent can see no reason to drop him at this point plus him and moff will have a point to prove against their old club, tipped Dunfermline to win the league before it started so to take another scalp would be massive for us, Ayr 2-0 Shankland and Crawford with the goals with the moff running the game from the no 10 position.

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We have conceded one goal in eight games this season, zero from open play. Andy Geggan has been excellent in defence.

That is some solid stats but Partick look pretty toothless up front and we also kept a clean sheet against Dundee, but our dynamic attacks I think would be a problem for Geggan who when he played for us at RB he left plenty space in behind for forwards to drive into. It should be a cracker of a game on Saturday

That is some solid stats but Partick look pretty toothless up front and we also kept a clean sheet against Dundee, but our dynamic attacks I think would be a problem for Geggan who when he played for us at RB he left plenty space in behind for forwards to drive into. It should be a cracker of a game on Saturday

Certainly should be. I wouldn’t be overly worried about Longridge at LWB (if you play 3-5-2) More Williamson as we are without our left back. Williamson and Harvey would have been a cracking battle as well.

Will be interesting if teams start to set up different against us after the weekend - suits us if we can sit in and break.

More confident about winning this one after yesterday obviously. Fully expect the ex players to come back, haunt their former teams and decide the outcome. Lots of attacking play from both teams who are pretty solid defensively, no idea how it'll go but expect it'll be a cracker to watch.

Dunfermline are always a difficult opponent, but with our current form I think we will just shade it 2-1.  Geggan and Moffat to score in their derby.

I wouldn't change much either, but would probably bring in Smith at left back with Harvie out.  Ferguson looks poor there and I would even have Ecrepont in before him.

LINEUP111534684988191.png

Archived