pollok 3v2 cambuslang goals 18.8.18

lokforever

1 hour ago, Viewparker said:

Am I reading this right. Is someone organising a confrontation because of what has been said on here ?

I just challenged someone on there comments . I asked if he would like to come and tell John his thoughts . No fights or confrontation. All banter but maybe letting a fan come and speak to Gemmz would provide clarity on Johns appearance.

I just challenged someone on there comments . I asked if he would like to come and tell John his thoughts . No fights or confrontation. All banter but maybe letting a fan come and speak to Gemmz would provide clarity on Johns appearance.

Still no name mentioned for an ex team mate of mine David [emoji848]

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

Some great pre-match research there. emoji23.png

Nowt to do with me as I only contribute to the programme irregularly but I would suggest this was the source... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambuslang_Rangers_F.C.

Lang don't afaik have a website that lists the squad and that link above is editable by anyone yet is 4 years out of date. You know what, I'm glad we published a really out of date listing as it maybe will spur someone at CRFC into action to wake up their own online presence.

34 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Nowt to do with me as I only contribute to the programme irregularly but I would suggest this was the source... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambuslang_Rangers_F.C.

Lang don't afaik have a website that lists the squad and that link above is editable by anyone yet is 4 years out of date. You know what, I'm glad we published a really out of date listing as it maybe will spur someone at CRFC into action to wake up their own online presence.

When I took over doing our programme, I asked a couple of people I knew who had previously done them for other clubs what the biggest pain in the arse doing them was - unanimously it was obtaining the opposition's squad, and in the more than likely absence of up to date online presence the phoning round their contact numbers and getting  a purported squad list  along the lines of "the big ginger boy in the middle, wee Davie Something, that keeper that doesny get a game, and that guy that came from the amateurs..." There's so much scope for error - I can remember one team who printed our U19s squad list by mistake, for example!

I remember I'd done a piece one time on the history of the club- forget which team it was against- only to be taken to task by the local anorak who took great delight in telling me the information was wrong....needless to say I took even greater delight in telling him I'd lifted it from their own website...

7 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

When I took over doing our programme, I asked a couple of people I knew who had previously done them for other clubs what the biggest pain in the arse doing them was - unanimously it was obtaining the opposition's squad, and in the more than likely absence of up to date online presence the phoning round their contact numbers and getting  a purported squad list  along the lines of "the big ginger boy in the middle, wee Davie Something, that keeper that doesny get a game, and that guy that came from the amateurs..." There's so much scope for error - I can remember one team who printed our U19s squad list by mistake, for example!

I remember I'd done a piece one time on the history of the club- forget which team it was against- only to be taken to task by the local anorak who took great delight in telling me the information was wrong....needless to say I took even greater delight in telling him I'd lifted it from their own website...

When I edited the Lok prog back in the 00s, I did occasionally have to call the given contact and sometimes they were exceptionally unhelpful and rude. I got told pretty much to F Off by one just for calling. The West Region could co-ordinate a monthly information share with each club compelled to write a 1 line biog of each team member that can be shared via the email system with club officials for programmes. Easy solution and beyond the usual 'someone should do something' view from some above.

Lift the feckin phone

21 minutes ago, thelangonline said:

FFS even this outdated list is more up to date. Appears no effort was put in to gaining our squad. http://www.thelangonline.org/squad16-17.htm

Why is either site not updated? Wiki says 'current squad' and to someone that doesn't know your team, who's to know?

The perceived 'no effort' here is also on Lang's side.

Jim, what happened to The Lang Online unofficial club website that you ran ?
Can't get access, list password and for last year trying to prove its my site.bits more to do with FTP we use. Trying to sort that but no success yet. But hands up yes my fault but ffs even that list is more up to date

Archived