Indian or Chinese ?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Indian seems to be winning by a country mile atm, but can’t understand why there’s no more appreciation for the unbeatable shredded crispy duck pancakes with hoisin sauce , cucumber and spring onion. 
personally find hoisin sauce hit or miss. the best one ive had is the sachet one from aldi. its nice in a stir fry with some chicken.

For all the great complex flavours of Indians you can’t whack Chinese curry sauce.

Indian food is clearly better though. I’ve been trying to find more authentic stuff and have been enjoying dried kachori which are ace with a beer.

For all the great complex flavours of Indians you can’t whack Chinese curry sauce.
Indian food is clearly better though. I’ve been trying to find more authentic stuff and have been enjoying dried kachori which are ace with a beer.
chinese curry sauce is awful stuff unless your steaming drunk and its covering chips!

Most British Indian and Chinese takeaways are really shit, they would be starved of customers and probably stoned to death for taking the pish in their own countries. Only good cheap Indian takeaways I've tried have been in Asian population centres like Manchester and Birmingham, or Soho for Chinese. A good Indian or Chinese restaurant is another thing, it's not rational to say which is better unless you specify individual restaurants. 

1 hour ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Indian seems to be winning by a country mile atm, but can’t understand why there’s no more appreciation for the unbeatable shredded crispy duck pancakes with hoisin sauce , cucumber and spring onion. 

One of my favourite Chinese dishes for sure. 

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Once you've eaten in Cinnamon Inverness you'll never eat another Chinese as long as you live.

https://cinnamon-restaurant-inverness.business.site/

There are two Indians in Inverness miles better than that place. 

16 minutes ago, Rugster said:

One of my favourite Chinese dishes for sure. 

There are two Indians in Inverness miles better than that place. 

You thinking of Sams and Rajah?

I've had many Indians in Inverness - sorry I shouldn't discuss my personal habits - but Cinnamon is a cut above all the others.

9 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

You thinking of Sams and Rajah?

I've had many Indians in Inverness - sorry I shouldn't discuss my personal habits - but Cinnamon is a cut above all the others.

Sams is outstanding, the Raj is close behind, Cinnamon a fair bit behind. 

28 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What a shite location, no wonder I've never heard of it. Might give it a go though.

The location's okay.

Park in Morrison's car park then just cross the road. You won't regret it tell 'em Johnboy sent you.

It's always a pain trying to get parked near Rajah or Sams.

Archived