Cowden vs Berwick

1 hour ago, David Brent said:

While I agree that Robbie shouldn’t lose his job  I do think he is accountable for not replacing the players he decided to release. I think most Berwick fans would agree the players Robbie has released have been better quality than the ones who have been signed 

What BTU said.

For years, many of our best players have been loanees (McRorie, Godinho, Crane, Irving). And just thinking of 4 that left, McKenna was bound to step up to something higher, Scullion was shite for us and a bit of a tit, Notman retired and Tommo (who had plenty of anonymous games) wanted out.

To blame Robbie Horn for not strengthening the squad with a much reduced budget is just ridiculous.

We have made a positive step by addressing the big problem which was in the Boardroom. We don't have to start sacking every fecker else too. 

Very difficult to get players in now till January - and that isn't easy either. So long as the boss hasn't given up the ghost or fallen out with the players, we need to calm down and carry on till then.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Redcar said:

What BTU said.

For years, many of our best players have been loanees (McRorie, Godinho, Crane, Irving). And just thinking of 4 that left, McKenna was bound to step up to something higher, Scullion was shite for us and a bit of a tit, Notman retired and Tommo (who had plenty of anonymous games) wanted out.

To blame Robbie Horn for not strengthening the squad with a much reduced budget is just ridiculous.

We have made a positive step by addressing the big problem which was in the Boardroom. We don't have to start sacking every fecker else too. 

Very difficult to get players in now till January - and that isn't easy either. So long as the boss hasn't given up the ghost or fallen out with the players, we need to calm down and carry on till then.

The Scottish transfer window is still open. You have another 12 days. In fact most countries transfer windows are still open. Other than a few leagues, it is only the English Premiership which is already closed.

The Scottish transfer window is still open. You have another 12 days. In fact most countries transfer windows are still open. Other than a few leagues, it is only the English Premiership which is already closed.

League 2 transfer window is open to end of September

1 minute ago, PELE said:

Even more time for Berwick to lose some of their superstars.

Big Pat can be very good but I've seen him have some stinkers too, anyone with pace will show him up. Good luck to the guy, his best goal for us was his OG  for Stenny, a flying header into the top corner.

As for sacking our manager, yea right that's were the problem is it? hmmm..... 

A very good well rounded team performance yesterday. 
Although a slow start to the game we settled into the game after the 1st goal and kept going. Hopefully that will be the difference this season by looking to see our opponents of by looking to score more 
This result should give the players a massive conference boost. 
Shame about the needless Red card though on our part as there was no need for it especially when we were on the front foot. I guess that's football when emotions are running high tempers will flare. Miller would have been better at keeping away from the situation and remaining calm. Easier said than done though in the heat of the moment and I'm sure Miller will know himself it wasn't a wise decision and will learn from it as he's a decent guy who means well. 
Nice to see fans, directors etc coming out of the ground with smiles on their faces.
Let's kick on from here 
PS. 
An outstanding performance by Big Pat too 
Miller wont learn

3 hours ago, PELE said:

I think Berwick will probably be saved again by Albion Rovers, who sadly look doomed already.

How is Sheerin? We need him fit.

bit early in the season to describe a club as doomed-see Montrose&edinburgh city in recent seasons

1 hour ago, Redcar said:

What BTU said.

I’m merely suggesting the players who left have been replaced by players of inferior quality. Rutherford and McDonald didn’t have to be moved on imo. 

I also don’t believe he should be sacked either, I just think some fans need to be realistic and accept that what happens on the pitch is down to the management. 

Funny old game, last year you guys couldn’t lace our boots but by all accounts a well deserved victory. We can be consoled that we (and you) are 3 points above Stirling(surprise) and Rovers (no surprise). 
After all the boardroom comings and goings, the buzzwords around the club are ‘all pulling in the same direction’ It’s not looking like a good direction to be heading in  does it? 

It’s not been going in a good direction for years, but the decisions this summer were far worse than what went before, and it’s evidenced on the pitch.

I totally agree the club need new leadership and people to take the club forward, but we’re in a far better place with those who made the horror decisions this summer gone, spaces in the boardroom, and everyone pulling in the same direction. We’ll never attract new leadership and investment with a poisonous atmosphere at the club. We can complain that we need it, but I don’t see anyone waiting in the wings so all anyone can do at the minute is make things as attractive as possible for it to happen.

I didn’t see yesterday, but hopefully Robbie can get some work done in the remainder of the window and get us at least competitive. We still have place for loan players too.

25 minutes ago, David Brent said:

I’m merely suggesting the players who left have been replaced by players of inferior quality. Rutherford and McDonald didn’t have to be moved on imo. 

I also don’t believe he should be sacked either, I just think some fans need to be realistic and accept that what happens on the pitch is down to the management. 

Rutherford and McDonald both wanted to leave, largely due to the travel. The Manager tried very hard to get Chris to stay.

If the budget was reduced to £3.50 a year and a bag of crisps, is that the managers fault? 

You're right that the Manager has to recruit good players then get the best out of them, but there are consequences to cutting the budget whilst rivals are raising theirs. Robbie Horn was outbid for several targets.

3 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

bit early in the season to describe a club as doomed-see Montrose&edinburgh city in recent seasons

Yeah, but Albion looked nailed on for bottom spot before the season started and results are confirming this. Really sad for them.

1 hour ago, PELE said:

Yeah, but Albion looked nailed on for bottom spot before the season started and results are confirming this. Really sad for them.

given our last two seasons ill leave the celebrations at avoiding last place until its mathematically certain

17 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

given our last two seasons ill leave the celebrations at avoiding last place until its mathematically certain

Me too. Still early days.

Archived