Cowden vs Berwick

Well done Cowdenbeath, deserved victory. 

A soft goal and mistake handed the game to you on a plate, you grew in confidence from that point.

There were many things that could be said but Wilson deliberately getting himself sent off was the worst part. He knew exactly what he was doing and should have got a straight red. For a club captain that was poor.

Going forward there is no advantage in seeking a change of manager. Robbie has been dealt a bad hand from his directors. He'll be hurting as much as us, he can turn this around.

Cowden had Renton and Cox on the bench while we had the inexperienced Healy leading our line. That difference is down to finances.

A deal to bring in an additional striker has been held-up by injuries at his current club. Everybody knows the squad is short and some wheeling and dealing is required in the next two weeks to bring in more quality. 

Today hurt badly but wasn't unexpected. 

Right now the club needs a leader, someone at the very top, in the chair to direct us out this hell-hole. 

This is one of the most fragile positions the club has ever been in due to the threat of relegation. Everybody has a part to play. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Last time was a 4-0 win over Livi at Central Park on 19th April 2014. Hemming and Armstrong with 2 goals each.

Fantastic result today. Absolutely delighted mainly because we don't have to see the smug tweets from Berwick Rangers emoji38.png

I had £5 on us to win 4-1 that day and they hit the outside of the post late on (im sure). I was really upset but then remembered I wasn’t a Berwick fan and life picked up. 

Funny old game, last year you guys couldn’t lace our boots but by all accounts a well deserved victory. We can be consoled that we (and you) are 3 points above Stirling(surprise) and Rovers (no surprise). 

After all the boardroom comings and goings, the buzzwords around the club are ‘all pulling in the same direction’ It’s not looking like a good direction to be heading in  does it? 

The 1st transfer window hasn’t even shut yet. This is just 1 result (very badly needed by us though) in a long season.

A lot can change, and quickly. The relegation trap door means teams usually find ways during the season to make some necessary signings to get out of 10th (prime example Clyde with Goodwillie).

Well done to everyone at the Club today, hopefully we take confidence from this and make less crucial mistakes now in the upcoming games. Some momentum for a change would be great (not downward!)

As for Berwick, I have been saying they are a poor side the last 2 seasons but they have always managed to find a way to safety. They are definitely not doomed yet.

Relieved!

15 hours ago, Disc Potato said:

Well done Cowdenbeath, deserved victory. 

A soft goal and mistake handed the game to you on a plate, you grew in confidence from that point.

There were many things that could be said but Wilson deliberately getting himself sent off was the worst part. He knew exactly what he was doing and should have got a straight red. For a club captain that was poor.

Going forward there is no advantage in seeking a change of manager. Robbie has been dealt a bad hand from his directors. He'll be hurting as much as us, he can turn this around.

Cowden had Renton and Cox on the bench while we had the inexperienced Healy leading our line. That difference is down to finances.

A deal to bring in an additional striker has been held-up by injuries at his current club. Everybody knows the squad is short and some wheeling and dealing is required in the next two weeks to bring in more quality. 

Today hurt badly but wasn't unexpected. 

Right now the club needs a leader, someone at the very top, in the chair to direct us out this hell-hole. 

This is one of the most fragile positions the club has ever been in due to the threat of relegation. Everybody has a part to play. 

While I agree that Robbie shouldn’t lose his job  I do think he is accountable for not replacing the players he decided to release. I think most Berwick fans would agree the players Robbie has released have been better quality than the ones who have been signed 

9 minutes ago, David Brent said:

While I agree that Robbie shouldn’t lose his job  I do think he is accountable for not replacing the players he decided to release. I think most Berwick fans would agree the players Robbie has released have been better quality than the ones who have been signed 

Well, Pat would have walked straight into that Berwick team.

A very good well rounded team performance yesterday. 

Although a slow start to the game we settled into the game after the 1st goal and kept going. Hopefully that will be the difference this season by looking to see our opponents of by looking to score more 

This result should give the players a massive conference boost. 

Shame about the needless Red card though on our part as there was no need for it especially when we were on the front foot. I guess that's football when emotions are running high tempers will flare. Miller would have been better at keeping away from the situation and remaining calm. Easier said than done though in the heat of the moment and I'm sure Miller will know himself it wasn't a wise decision and will learn from it as he's a decent guy who means well. 

Nice to see fans, directors etc coming out of the ground with smiles on their faces.

Let's kick on from here 

PS. 

An outstanding performance by Big Pat too 

Robbie was stitched up by the awful decision making at board level. He couldn't afford to bring in anyone any better else he probably would have been looking at the likes of some of the names mentioned from Bonnyrigg. We did what we always do and shat ourselves, releasing money far too late (see our previous Januarys) and after an entire squad was signed. Its a level of mismanagement that is only comparable to the smell inside Diamonds yesterday. Cowdenbeath really is full of shit after all.

Contrary to your post, there are still too many from last season who aren't good enough on the books. We need to stay up and start again. Shifting Robbie when he's hamstrung by resources would be madness and put us in even more trouble.

Archived