Juniors v non-Juniors

FWIW I didn't think/hear that ex-Juniors were "throwing" money at players. Just that their financial distribution was weighted more toward the playing side than the EoS teams (roughly in keeping with their styles in the Juniors I guess?). If I was a Junior club moving over, especially with designs on a top 4/5 finish in their conference, I would probably be looking at keeping the first team well funded to ensure I'm at the top of the EoS pyramid next year before worrying about licensing.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I would probably be looking at keeping the first team well funded to ensure I'm at the top of the EoS pyramid next year before worrying about licensing.

I get the impression a fair few teams who have ambitions on a top 5 place will be doing both, Licencing after all is the route to improved long term funding.

18 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Chicken and egg tho'. Surely easier to pay for licencing if ye have the crowds coming in to see Bonnyrigg instead of Coldstream.

Well it's not that simplistic, some clubs have more money than others, some clubs will qualify for grants, some clubs will have a lot to work to do, some clubs will have less to do. 

All I am saying is that it's unlikely that very many clubs are chucking money at their squads at the expense of work needed for Licencing. 

I see this as a massive opportunity for Broxburn Athletic as they have a great facility but I think there is a bit of a disconnect between the seniors and the community club but the move to the EOSFL may help to bring it into a single structure. It is not a well supported club as compared to say Bo’ness of Linlithgow and does not slash cash around.  The move has allowed it to attract some very good talent from Edinburgh and may stop the exodus of home grown talent to the big Edinburgh teams at the later age groups.

The minimum ambition this year I suspect would be top 5 with an outside shout at winning the Conference (Linlithgow would have started favourites) but think that may have moved to Jeanfield after their early season results but there is a long way to go.

18 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

SJFA announce a 3 year sponsorship deal for the Junior Cup today and not a murmur on the Junior forum. For a competition held in high regard by those who take part you'd think there would be something.

Where has it been announced? Doesn't appear on their twitter or website.

EDIT: Not on twitter, facebook or their website. Found it looking at Scott Campbell's twitter feed so someone from the SJFA bothered contacting the Scottish Sun about it. Going by the quotes used for Macron's representative it seems Ayrshire came to the Juniors rescue once more :)

Where has it been announced? Doesn't appear on their twitter or website.
EDIT: Not on twitter, facebook or their website. Found it looking at Scott Campbell's twitter feed so someone from the SJFA bothered contacting the Scottish Sun about it. Going by the quotes used for Macron's representative it seems Ayrshire came to the Juniors rescue once more [emoji4]
Free kit for the winner?

SJFA announce a 3 year sponsorship deal for the Junior Cup today and not a murmur on the Junior forum. For a competition held in high regard by those who take part you'd think there would be something.
A 3 year deal would seem a little premature if there are big plans to lead the charge for junior teams to join pyramid at tier 6 from next season [emoji848]
Unless there are no such plans of course

8 hours ago, TheLad said:

A 3 year deal would seem a little premature if there are big plans to lead the charge for junior teams to join pyramid at tier 6 from next season emoji848.png
Unless there are no such plans of course

But the SJFA plans are for the juniors to be within the pyramid but still a separate entity so they can still have their own competitions.

But the SJFA plans are for the juniors to be within the pyramid but still a separate entity so they can still have their own competitions.
So how does that work? Get promoted and you are no longer a junior team? Get demoted and become a junior team? Don't see that working

Junior forum for this pish! Mon the Seniors! ;)

2 hours ago, TheLad said:
2 hours ago, patriot1 said:

So how does that work? Get promoted and you are no longer a junior team? Get demoted and become a junior team? Don't see that working

Is that not the rules with promotion/relegation to the SPFL? East Stirling are no longer SPFL members and Edin City are.

It won't. If the SJFA managed to enter the Pyramid as an intact body, I can't see any club in the LL wanting to drop into it.

Surely thje EoSL organise their own cup tournaments (sometimes in conjunction with other areas).  What would be the difference with what was previously a Junior set up in the West?  Wouldn't you expect a regional league to organise cup tournaments?

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:
4 hours ago, TheLad said:

It won't. If the SJFA managed to enter the Pyramid as an intact body, I can't see any club in the LL wanting to drop into it.

That'll be because there's only two LL teams in the West and they're more likely to go up than down,

4 hours ago, patriot1 said:

Say this does happen, are there different rules for Juniors and Seniors regarding toilets, boundary walls or fences and all that stuff?  I know that the Premier League has more exacting standards for seating etc. from the lower leagues so it can work but if we had level 6 leagues with different criteria would that not cause problems?

Archived