Juniors v non-Juniors

9 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

How many levels will there be next season? 

Looking at it just now you’d think there would be 3 leagues in the East below the Lowland, especially if more clubs join.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, kefc said:

Looking at it just now you’d think there would be 3 leagues in the East below the Lowland, especially if more clubs join.

Next season the top level will be nearly as good (but not quite) as the top level of the East Juniors was before so many jumped ship. :)

8 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

Next season the top level will be nearly as good (but not quite) as the top level of the East Juniors was before so many jumped ship. :)

Aye your right the league was brilliant in the East Juniors with no fixture lists, no floodlights, 3 games a week for 2 months at the end of season, no u20/reserve league.

He does have a point though. The EoS Premier will never really compare to what the East Region Super League once was by virtue of the fact that teams will be promoted out of it. Clubs that repeated as Super League champions are the obvious candidates that probably won't be around too long in the EoS. Just look at Kelty.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

He does have a point though. The EoS Premier will never really compare to what the East Region Super League once was by virtue of the fact that teams will be promoted out of it. Clubs that repeated as Super League champions are the obvious candidates that probably won't be around too long in the EoS. Just look at Kelty.

In turn it will make the Lowland League won helluva division.

24 minutes ago, kefc said:

Aye your right the league was brilliant in the East Juniors with no fixture lists, no floodlights, 3 games a week for 2 months at the end of season, no u20/reserve league.

That’s fine if that’s what you value most.

Personally I go for quality of football and competive football.

The biggest score there, 1-14, was between two former Junior sides, so i'm not sure what point you have.  This season is very like the first one after the 2nd World War.  Every side was in transition.  Bo'ness United had just formed and scores were all over the shop.  Co-incidentally the sides involved in the 14 - 1 score, Arniston & Tranent, were played in successive weeks in November '45.  The BU's won an away League game at Arniston 7-1 one week, then lost a League Cup tie at Tranent the following week by the same score.  Now, if we had taken the attitude of 'this is crap, let's give up', then a successful history would never have happened.  

12 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

Just give it a decade or so...

Unfortunately, that's about how long it will take to get the LL truly up to speed, because people on the committees of the larger junior clubs chose to do a King Canute routine rather than engage with the process warts and all at the outset. The SJFA are trying to get in at tier 6 for next season at the moment, so the argument about whether or not to engage with the pyramid appears to finally be over leaving only the issue of how and when.

1 hour ago, Khufu2 said:

Has anyone said it is poor standard ... now?  There are some  good teams, a lot of mediocre teams but quite a few piss poor teams. The Mickey Mouse nature comes from all these teams competing on a supposedly equal footing. 

Of course, all this happened because of the way the East Juniors panicked and jumped ship.

it’s to be hoped that if West juniors decide to join the pyramid it will be done in an ordered way, not lemming-like as in the East.

We never panicked we were going anyway

Being involved in this set up I have noticed a massive improvement in standards both at my club and across the board.

At committee level we now have members who want to progress the club and do not want to stand still, this has happened because we are no facing a better standard of opposition on a weekly basis.

From a playing point of view it has allowed us to recruit players we may not have been able to attract if we had stood still in the juniors and I think most ex junior sides are the same, this has led to all the ex junior teams to start so well and punch above their weight.

27 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

That’s fine if that’s what you value most.

Personally I go for quality of football and competive football.

It's the same fucking texams you moron. What's the difference between camelon vs linlithgow rose whether it's junior or eosfl.

2 minutes ago, CoachFC said:

Being involved in this set up I have noticed a massive improvement in standards both at my club and across the board.

At committee level we now have members who want to progress the club and do not want to stand still, this has happened because we are no facing a better standard of opposition on a weekly basis.

From a playing point of view it has allowed us to recruit players we may not have been able to attract if we had stood still in the juniors and I think most ex junior sides are the same, this has led to all the ex junior teams to start so well and punch above their weight.

Spot on

15 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

It's the same fucking texams you moron. What's the difference between camelon vs linlithgow rose whether it's junior or eosfl.

Well if you have to resort to insults to make a nonsensical point, I'll reciprocate.

You would have to be incredibly thick or totally uninformed to think Camelon are playing the same teams this season as they played last year.

In fact, they are playing three of the 15 teams they played in last season's Superleague - Linlithgow, Broxburn and Jeanfield. The rest of your opponents are made up of a a ragbag of Premier, South Divison and EoS teams.... (edit) oh and some kind of glorified youth team

After ONE or at most TWO matches the 4 Superleague teams are  already the top four in Camelon's conference. It's Mickey Mouse stuff.

Weaker opponents, poorer competition.

36 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

juniors had over a hundred years to make things better.see how that worked out.

Competitive regional football between football clubs representing identifiable communities.  A national competition, attracting substantial crowds, for all clubs to participate in.

2 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

Competitive regional football between football clubs representing identifiable communities.  A national competition, attracting substantial crowds, for all clubs to participate in.

but not substantial crowds for all clubs that competed in it which is why some games would actually cost clubs money. And don't a small number of clubs opt out on occasion due to how costly it can be?

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

but not substantial crowds for all clubs that competed in it which is why some games would actually cost clubs money. And don't a small number of clubs opt out on occasion due to how costly it can be?

A small number being one. Aye.

1 hour ago, Khufu2 said:

Has anyone said it is poor standard ... now?  There are some  good teams, a lot of mediocre teams but quite a few piss poor teams. The Mickey Mouse nature comes from all these teams competing on a supposedly equal footing. 

Of course, all this happened because of the way the East Juniors panicked and jumped ship.

it’s to be hoped that if West juniors decide to join the pyramid it will be done in an ordered way, not lemming-like as in the East.

From 28/7/18 - 18/8/18, around 3 weeks of football involving Lowland, East of Scotland and South of Scotland clubs almost 19,500 spectators have supported their local senior clubs. When last few att for this weekend come in that figure will be a baw hair from 20k. The spectators are still supporting their clubs and I believe supporting the Scottish football pyramid. In my opinion it's been a fantastic start to the season and I've not heard one negative, only positives. 

Well if you have to resort to insults to make a nonsensical point, I'll reciprocate.
You would have to be incredibly thick or totally uninformed to think Camelon are playing the same teams this season as they played last year.
In fact, they are playing three of the 15 teams they played in last season's Superleague - Linlithgow, Broxburn and Jeanfield. The rest of your opponents are made up of a a ragbag of Premier, South Divison and EoS teams.... (edit) oh and some kind of glorified youth team
After ONE or at most TWO matches the 4 Superleague teams are  already the top four in Camelon's conference. It's Mickey Mouse stuff.
Weaker opponents, poorer competition.

Some clubs havent even played a game in Camelon's Conference. Bore off Isa, nobody cares what a backward Talbot fan thinks, you just regurgitate the same auld shite you did on the Junior forum.

Archived