Juniors v non-Juniors

On 17/08/2018 at 20:55, heedthebaa said:

Could have told you this months ago. There’s going to be some absolute humfuckingdinger scores this season

I did.

But then the ex-juniors would stuff most of the Lowland League too - and they weren't even the best juniors in the Lowlands..

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

I did.

But then the ex-juniors would stuff most of the Lowland League too - and they weren't even the best juniors in the Lowlands..

Sadly the supposed "best juniors in the Lowlands" were more bothered with continually  winning tinpot trophies like the Junior Cup than progressing in the pyramid.

Sad.

30 minutes ago, drs said:

Sadly the supposed "best juniors in the Lowlands" were more bothered with continually  winning tinpot trophies like the Junior Cup than progressing in the pyramid.

Sad.

There was some idiot on sauchie Facebook page says he thinks sauchie made a mistake joining eosfl

Interesting point, Heriot Watt have vastly improved from 2015 - 20-6 season having seen one of two games last season. At this time of the season, am sure the tax dodgers have players issues. According to reports, they dominated the match against craigroyston. 
The junior teams have obviously invested,   most of the best players from Eos have all moved to better junior teams. 
Lothian have lost a lot of their players, with the squad they had last three seasons, they would compete against any of the junior teams.
Have to wonder if the absence of trips to Tayside and there being lots of games in the immediate Edinburgh area made playing for the ex-Junior clubs more attractive than previously.

27 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

There was some idiot on sauchie Facebook page says he thinks sauchie made a mistake joining eosfl

If you don't enjoy watching a load of one-sided uncompetitive matches I can see his point.

3 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

If you don't enjoy watching a load of one-sided uncompetitive matches

Indeed but I'm sure Kirkintilloch and Petershill will each win a game at some point this season, maybe even before Christmas.

9 minutes ago, drs said:

Indeed but I'm sure Kirkintilloch and Petershill will each win a game at some point this season, maybe even before Christmas.

Petershill have won 3 games this season (and are in the quarter finals of the Sectional Cup) , Rob Roy have won two.  You are posting nonsense.

25 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

If you don't enjoy watching a load of one-sided uncompetitive matches I can see his point.

I disagree even some of the high score games us vs stirling uni for example wasn't as much a hammering and one sided as you think. It's only for transit iona season anyway

15 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

Petershill have won 3 games this season (and are in the quarter finals of the Sectional Cup) , Rob Roy have won two.  You are posting nonsense.

Also looking at the ex junior clubs who have been able to attract better players or been able to improve in eosfl. Dunipace and cRoss gates fine example

29 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

Been to any games khufu? Actually have any experience driven evidence to support your point or are you simply doing what you do every post?

There have been one sided results, there will be one sided results..... However there will also be upsets that buck what many would determine as the expected result, there will be close games and there will be a good competitive season for most clubs. 

Your comment about the juniors beating LL sides easily, or however you worded it, is again a fine display of your lack of experience driven evidence.... The LL is a hell of a lot stronger than you like to suggest and if you have been to any games you will have noticed this. Kelty themselves have openly said, and fair play to them for it, that the LL is a lot tougher than they maybe thought it would be.....again experience driven evidence to make a point, not just commenting for commentings sake....

16 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Been to any games khufu? Actually have any experience driven evidence to support your point or are you simply doing what you do every post?

There have been one sided results, there will be one sided results..... However there will also be upsets that buck what many would determine as the expected result, there will be close games and there will be a good competitive season for most clubs. 

Your comment about the juniors beating LL sides easily, or however you worded it, is again a fine display of your lack of experience driven evidence.... The LL is a hell of a lot stronger than you like to suggest and if you have been to any games you will have noticed this. Kelty themselves have openly said, and fair play to them for it, that the LL is a lot tougher than they maybe thought it would be.....again experience driven evidence to make a point, not just commenting for commentings sake....

Yes I've been to plenty of games.  I like your "will be upsets".  Not "there have been upsets".

East Kilbride  1-4 Jeanfield

Gretna 3-4 Broxburn

Gala 2-4 Tranent

Oakley 4-3 Vale of Leithen

And that was just yesterday.  

6 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

Yes I've been to plenty of games.  I like your "will be upsets".  Not "there have been upsets".

East Kilbride  1-4 Jeanfield

Gretna 3-4 Broxburn

Gala 2-4 Tranent

Oakley 4-3 Vale of Leithen

And that was just yesterday.  

You use a helicopter???

1 hour ago, drs said:

Sad.

Still helped develop football better as a set-up.  No arguments that the set-up is better than the  Juniors in the EofSL but the teams coming from the Juniors have come in and largely routed the ones already in the pyramid.

There's nothing tinpot about a Scottish tournament at your level. tinpot is possibly not organising one for the new set-up.  

10 minutes ago, RobM said:

Still helped develop football better as a set-up.  No arguments that the set-up is better than the  Juniors in the EofSL but the teams coming from the Juniors have come in and largely routed the ones already in the pyramid.

There's nothing tinpot about a Scottish tournament at your level. tinpot is possibly not organising one for the new set-up.  

There is one it's called south challenge cup

42 minutes ago, RobM said:

South would suggest only part of Scotland rather than a national tournament?

It's pretty much same in juniors when did a north side get anywhere near even 4th round so donto give me that shite. When did teams from the borders play in junior cup? Sounds regional to me

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

It's pretty much same in juniors when did a north side get anywhere near even 4th round so donto give me that shite. When did teams from the borders play in junior cup? Sounds regional to me

Temper.

The suggestion that if you can't get to the 4th Round you're as well not competing is a novel one.

Junior Cup allowed all Junior sides entry into a Junior competition. Borders sides weren't involved in the association.  Seems like that needs pointing out.

Regional would have been say the East Region cup which ran in conjunction with The Scottish.  The point I'm making is that a nationwide tournament for the association is hardly tinpot.  It did  of course exclude Juventus, Chelsea and Botafago and by your logic this would be an oversight.  One for the SFA to consider if they consider something like a national tournament.

There will be upsets, there have been upsets, but next year and beyond there will be a lot of clubs transition up the way and down the way, to and from the LL. This is actually what a pyramid is about, clubs progressing and regressing, finding a level and trying to improve on that. If it takes a season of transition to have this in place then so be it, but to diminish the eosfl because of a few heavy results, at the start of a season is nonesense for me. Particularly when you consider how much better the league is run, clubs have a full seasons fixture list and for most clubs the standard of team played against has been raised.... Not to mention new adventures for fans and new grounds to visit and friends/non-friends to make! 

To utilise some results to feed your ever growing narrative about the eosfl being a poor standard is a flawed approach to take, particularly when considering the long term bigger picture. But ultimately one which it appears you are comfortable to take as it is easier for you to comprehend than attempting to appreciate that this is what's best for all Scottish non league football, in the longer term.

Archived