Juniors v non-Juniors

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Burnie_man said:
15 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:
Why would East teams want to be relegated to a West league?

What do you expect to happen to the East Juniors?

I expect the more westerly ones to throw in their lot with the West, the Tayside ones to operate under the Highland League and the rest to join the EoSL. I don't think there'll be any East juniors by next season or the season after. I agree with you that it's extremely unlikely there's any role for the SJFA at national level.  We shall see what happens in the west though.

I expect the more westerly ones to throw in their lot with the West, the Tayside ones to operate under the Highland League and the rest to join the EoSL. I don't think there'll be any East juniors by next season or the season after. I agree with you that it's extremely unlikely there's any role for the SJFA at national level.  We shall see what happens in the west though.
That's how I see it panning out (although I can't see any Lothians clubs being able to join a West league) but with TJ signing 3 year deals for the Junior Cup he probably sees it differently.

With Linlithgow's current form this does not bode well for their cup tie at Pennypit Park the Saturday after next.
Players might have difficulty seeing each other through the long grass, which suits their tactics.

Looks like Preston have stabilised/improved best of last seasons better EOS teams.

Leith and lothian have certainly regressed.

Btw Preson North End last beat Blackburn Rovers 4-3 on 2nd November 1889 in League Division 1

Burnieman was subby.

24 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Looks like Preston have stabilised/improved best of last seasons better EOS teams.

Leith and lothian have certainly regressed.

Btw Preson North End last beat Blackburn Rovers 4-3 on 2nd November 1889 in League Division 1

Burnieman was subby.

Never got on either :(

Harsh result for Tweedmouth today.  Have to admire them for keeping the club going when they're fairly regularly getting turned over (even before the Junior exodus).   Good that the leagues should settle after this year and they'll be more evenly matched with their opposition and given a set-up that'll help them develop.

2 hours ago, RobM said:

Harsh result for Tweedmouth today.  Have to admire them for keeping the club going when they're fairly regularly getting turned over (even before the Junior exodus).   Good that the leagues should settle after this year and they'll be more evenly matched with their opposition and given a set-up that'll help them develop.

When we played them last week, one of their committee was saying he can't wait until next season where they are in a league with mostly of clubs they can try and match.  Says the ex-Juniors are faster and fitter.

They made a bright start to EOSL life - beating Tynecastle away then Heriot-Watt Uni at home in their first month - but it's been hard slog since then with only a few wins and draws v sides of similar stature.

However they always pull off a surprise. In 2016 they got 1-1 draw at LTHV (almost won IIRC); in 2017 held leaders Leith 2-2 at home despite playing almost the full 2nd half with 9-men.

Archived