Juniors v non-Juniors

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:
35 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

Bore off Isa, nobody cares what a backward Talbot fan thinks, you just regurgitate the same auld shite you did on the Junior forum.

I see you're still as delusional as ever.  Consistent, if nothing else.  

You're in such a state of denial you can't countenance more than one person having a different opinion from your own and have created for yourself the myth that if more than one poster has the temerity to disagree with you they must be one and the same poster using different aliases.  It's all a bit pathetic and childish.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That’s fine if that’s what you value most.
Personally I go for quality of football and competive football.
Better quality off the pitch leads to better quality on it. I've seen more enthusiasm and better enagagement with the clubs from the League in a few months than I did in 25 years in the Juniors. EoS clubs just had a meeting with the CEO and Vice President of the SFA. Players are now looking towards playing Senior and not Junior.

It's night and day from Johnston and his motley crew, who need a map to find anywhere east of Ballieston.

You're in such a state of denial you can't countenance more than one person having a different opinion from your own and have created for yourself the myth that if more than one poster has the temerity to disagree with you they must be one and the same poster using different aliases.  It's all a bit pathetic and childish.
You certainly are pathetic and childish Isa, change the record.

Just now, Burnie_man said:

Better quality off the pitch leads to better quality on it. I've seen more enthusiasm and better enagagement with the clubs from the League in a few months than I did in 25 years in the Juniors. EoS clubs just had a meeting with the CEO and Vice President of the SFA. Players are now looking towards playing Senior and not Junior.

It's night and day from Johnston and his motley crew, who need a map to find anywhere east of Ballieston.

Players are looking towards senior rather than junior because in Edinburgh, Mid and East Lothian there are no junior teams. Jesus, it's not rocket science.

2 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

You certainly are pathetic and childish Isa, change the record.

QED

Players are looking towards senior rather than junior because in Edinburgh, Mid and East Lothian there are no junior teams. Jesus, it's not rocket science.
There's more Junior clubs in West Lothian than Senior, it's not rocket science [emoji15]

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Did they explain the moratorium on licensing?

There's more Junior clubs in West Lothian than Senior, it's not rocket science emoji15.png

Mediocre ones  and worse.  If the EoSL is attracting players away from Harthill and West Calder, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

2017/18 = 157

2016/17 = 153

2015/16 = 158

Looking at that  dip in 2016/17 i'm assuming on occasion it might be more than one.

Did you check the membership at the time of the start of the competition in each season?

How would you describe Harthill and West Calder? Top level?  If so you've been watching too much EoSFL.
Nobody cares Isa, we're all too busy enjoying the new challenges on and off the pitch to care much what some backward Talbot fan thinks.

Just now, Burnie_man said:
4 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:
How would you describe Harthill and West Calder? Top level?  If so you've been watching too much EoSFL.

Nobody cares Isa, we're all too busy enjoying the new challenges on and off the pitch to care much what some backward Talbot fan thinks.

QED

1 minute ago, Khufu2 said:

Pyramid has its flaws at the moment but it's going in the right direction.  Time to accept it and work towards making it the best it can be.  My own club's committee are  finding the EoS far more pleasurable to deal with and there is an efficiency there that didn't exist in the Juniors.  Conference set up in  the league has been an imaginative solution to this season and means next season will see placings on success achieved on merit shown this year.

I struggle to see anything in the new era that isn't working towards a better future and nobody at my own club or others I've spoken to elsewhere would want to go back to what we had before.

West will fall behind if they don't engage but I would agree, more should have been done somewhere to ready a place for the clubs over there.

Pyramid has its flaws at the moment but it's going in the right direction.  Time to accept it and work towards making it the best it can be.  My own club's committee are  finding the EoS far more pleasurable to deal with and there is an efficiency there that didn't exist in the Juniors.  Conference set up in  the league has been an imaginative solution to this season and means next season will see placings on success achieved on merit shown this year.

I struggle to see anything in the new era that isn't working towards a better future and nobody at my own club or others I've spoken to elsewhere would want to go back to what we had before.

West will fall behind if they don't engage but I would agree, more should have been done somewhere to ready a place for the clubs over there.
A WoS will happen one way or the other next season. Either via application to a new body or by the West Region turning Senior en-masse.

That will provide the balance the Pyramid needs in the Lowland area.

If our experience in the EoS so far is anything to go by, clubs will quickly forget all about Junior football.

13 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

2017/18 = 157

2016/17 = 153

2015/16 = 158

Looking at that  dip in 2016/17 i'm assuming on occasion it might be more than one.

I really don't know where you have got your figures from for 2016-17. Perhaps you could tell us.

There were 159 clubs in membership that season.  

There were 31 Round 1 ties which were all played and all 64 Round 2 ties were played: 159 teams.  

Source the excellent SJFA Junior Cup archive: http://www.scottishjuniorfa.com/sjfa/competition.cfm?page=4112

Archived