Box Office G Morton v R County tap o the league title-decider clash

A fantastic result yesterday. Michael Tidser is better than his previous peak season surely?? I've hardly made games in the past season or two but I'm off work on Saturday and I'm genuinely excited to go to Firhill, Thistle are there for the taking.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

A great result against the favourites for the title and a good performance as well, and all you can post about is McManus. Sad.

He joined in the celebrations at the corner of the cowshed and as he walked away he looked at the fans for a couple of seconds and gave a couple of little fistpumps. And that was it. If that's what you call "lording it" then you're either too delicate a  wee flower for the fitba' or you're way too small-minded and vindictive and taking it all too personally.

He knocked us back at the last minute for what he thought was a better offer. Anyone would. Get over it, ffs.

Sit down and shut up, you absolute bell-piece. 

4 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

A great result against the favourites for the title and a good performance as well, and all you can post about is McManus. Sad.

He joined in the celebrations at the corner of the cowshed and as he walked away he looked at the fans for a couple of seconds and gave a couple of little fistpumps. And that was it. If that's what you call "lording it" then you're either too delicate a  wee flower for the fitba' or you're way too small-minded and vindictive and taking it all too personally.

He knocked us back at the last minute for what he thought was a better offer. Anyone would. Get over it, ffs.

Exactly. That pair of incestuous tits ... VT and Toby... regard  99% of our ex players and managers as snakes. One of their endless vendettas involves our Kitman ffs !

The grudge brothers  lives are snake infested for whatever reason.

7 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Great strike from Tidser but County were caught out on the right, then when cover arrived it left acres of space in the middle for Tidser to pick his spot. 

Draper should arguably have been on Tidser there, but he was still getting back after chasing down the keeper at the other end of the pitch.

There was an interesting article in the P&J the other day, where Draper spelled out that he prefers to play in a deeper, defensive role:-

The 29-year-old added: “Since the co-managers came in at the end of last season, I think they agreed I was maybe played a little too high up under previous managers.

“It has helped that I have played against Stuart in previous years, and I think he knows my best position is slightly deeper.

“We have not really spoken about it, but coming in from day one they have talked about numbers in terms of positions. You are either an eight, or a six, which is my squad number and that suggests I’m played in a deeper role.

Vigurs coming in and wanting to be at the heart of everything in possession means that SFSK are falling into the trap of pushing Draper further forward.  Draper could have had a couple of goals - that header against the bar was the best chance of the match - but his strength is in disrupting rather than progressing play.  Once he was moved deeper vs Dunfermline he was the best player in the team there.  His best form at the club is as a defensive midifelder.  If Vigurs played further upfield in the manner that he did in his first spell at the club then there would be a better balance, and I think Vigurs would get himself plenty goals.

Then again, we might not have had that dreamy assist from Vigurs for the opener if he was further forward.

It was head tennis for the winner with County unable clear the ball, midfield not winning defensive clearances putting us back under pressure and resulting in a well taken goal by McHugh.

That goal wouldn't have happened had Marcus Fraser not been scythed down at Hibs.  Tony Dingwall put in a couple of good crosses but he's never ever a right-back, as his ball-watching at the goal showed.  Morris shouted for the header and a diligent full-back would've taken a step behind in case the centre-back lost out.

I wonder what happened to Keith Watson?  Three players in the squad capable of playing right-back all being unavailable at the same time was hard luck.

I'm happy with the chances County created, need to finish things off better though. Maybe a chance for Graham or McKay to start against Falkirk next week. 

Agreed.  McManus has had five starts in a row with no goals.  He's not even had a decent chance in the last three matches, despite the team playing reasonably well.  I'm not Graham's biggest fan, but he's the striker most capable of playing up front on his own at this level.

12 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Quality strike.  He's great to watch, there aren't enough midfielders in Scotland who find the passing angles that he does. 

He's not someone who I ever thought was a "confidence player" but maybe he is. He's been excellent so far and I think from the way Ray talks about him he didn't realise how good a player he has on his hands. I'm pretty convinced that he was trying to chip that one in at the backpost in the first half when Buchanan got clattered winning a header.

Overall a very good performance yesterday. Thought Iredale put in a good shift and didn't look out of place, for the first hour anyway, and McHugh seemed to be working much harder than we've seen previously, chasing down defenders and defending well enough himself in the last 10 minutes as a left midfielder (better than Gary Oliver on the other side certainly).

I'm not convinced by Scully at all but looking at the highlights he did make a couple of decent stops that I'd forgotten about.

I wouldn't have been disappointed before kickoff with a point so absolutely delighted with 3.

Someone needs a word with the lads with the drum though. If you're going to take a drum then use it to try and back the team and generate a bit of an atmosphere, not just when we score. Go watch some videos of actual 'ultras' and see how it's done properly.

1 minute ago, Janne Lindberg's Laces said:

He's not someone who I ever thought was a "confidence player" but maybe he is. He's been excellent so far and I think from the way Ray talks about him he didn't realise how good a player he has on his hands. I'm pretty convinced that he was trying to chip that one in at the backpost in the first half when Buchanan got clattered winning a header.

Tidser didn't look out of place in the top flight when County finished seventh in 13-14, he's a better player than his CV suggests.

He's probably not got the pace to be at his best in a central midfield two, but has always been excellent in a three man central midfield for us. The fact that he spent much of last season on the fringes of the first team while Duffy insisted on his Mike Bassett-esque '4-4-fucking-2 with wingers' every week is another reason why we're well rid of the slaphead. We've probably missed out on two-three years of Tidser at his peak. 

It's great to say this with hindsight but I had wondered before about Iredale whether he'd be any good as a forward.

It was after the Dundee Utd game when he scored that worldy after skinning 3 players but it was kind of like Gareth Bale in that he was a defender but is fast and powerful with excellent dribbling and finishing. I was not surprised to see Iredale play there eventually.

Early in the game Iredale charged down a couple of clearances in midfield and had the second block not rebounded strongly through to the keeper he would have been clear in on goal.  I like his aggression and power.  Ray's tactics worked - I reckon Iredale is pretty versatile because he has pace and strength and a good amount of skill and he did well at sort of left mid or sometimes centre mid for much of the game.  We need more pace in midfield and Iredale provides that.  Ray McKinnon is a major upgrade on Duffy, and as a result Tidser is a major upgrade on Tidser.

He's probably not got the pace to be at his best in a central midfield two, but has always been excellent in a three man central midfield for us. The fact that he spent much of last season on the fringes of the first team while Duffy insisted on his Mike Bassett-esque '4-4-fucking-2 with wingers' every week is another reason why we're well rid of the slaphead. We've probably missed out on two-three years of Tidser at his peak. 

This is spot on, was saying that after the game to my mate, in a centre midfield 3 he’s outstanding. It only took Ray a week into the job to sort that out, Duffy had years and still didn’t get it!

I said during the queen of the south game that there was something not quite right with out shape and that we didn't have enough happening out wide with Telfer on the right. Good to see a manager address obvious shortcomings really early on.

Aye, Michael Tidser is too good a player for a Championship team not to play to his strengths. After three years of being wasted in a 4-4-2, McKinnon has decided on a system which brings the best out of him and he's been our best player every week as a result.

The thought of Tidser in this form with a fully fit Denny Johnstone in front of him is very promising.

Looking forward to this one, wee feeling we might sneak it.
Nae messing aboot Ray, even if we only get 60 mins for Johnstone HE STARTS!!! Get McHugh tae f**k! Not to bothered if it's Kilday or Waddell along side big Buchanan.
                                 Scully
Tumilty Kilday Buchanan McKeown
           McAlister  Millar   Tidser
Telfer                                                MacLean
                            Johnstone

Aye, get McHugh tae f**k right enough.

Archived