Box Office G Morton v R County tap o the league title-decider clash

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Won't make this one due to family commitments, haven't been to Cappielow in ages. Tough game, but hopeful of three points.

I'll be in Vegas and therefore unlikely to be giving a flying f**k what's happening in Greenock. 

It’s only natural to be seething at missing out on a glamorous trip to the sprawling metropolis.

13 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

If Roy MacGregor dies, will Ross County go the way of Gretna?

Does so-called Uncle Roy MacGregor drink as much Lucozade as Brooks Mileson? We really need to know.

1 hour ago, forkboy said:

Does so-called Uncle Roy MacGregor drink as much Lucozade as Brooks Mileson? We really need to know.

Don't think Brooks drinks much of anything any more actually

Think his fave was Red Bull, but he's got his wings now.

Strangely confident going into this game. The break probably helped us, another couple of weeks of gel time, training/tactics etc and allow any niggling injuries to clear up. Denny Johnstone has been back in training for a few weeks  so would be great to see him involved, but not sure if this game is just a wee bit too soon for him. Wonder if he will be involved in todays  reserve game.

The match will give us a pretty good indicator of where we are. We have not been great so far but we have had some good spells and the squad does have a lot of strengths.  If we were to win, might give us the belief that we can be right up there come the end of the season.

County had a hard game yesterday and will be gutted how it finished, hopefully we go into this slightly fresher having had a free weekend.

Would imagine we will line up something like;

Scully.

Tumilty Waddell Buchanan McKeown

McAlister  Millar   Tidser.

Telfer                                                MacLean

McHugh

Bench- Gaston, Kilday, Tiffoney, Thomson, Oliver, Johnstone. Bell.

McHugh obv the weak link there but he has been given the nod in all games so far. Would prefer Oliver or Bell up there if Denny is not fit to make it.

2--1. Telfer and MacLean for us. McManus for County obviously!

1 hour ago, madton said:

Strangely confident going into this game. The break probably helped us, another couple of weeks of gel time, training/tactics etc and allow any niggling injuries to clear up. Denny Johnstone has been back in training for a few weeks  so would be great to see him involved, but not sure if this game is just a wee bit too soon for him. Wonder if he will be involved in todays  reserve game.

The match will give us a pretty good indicator of where we are. We have not been great so far but we have had some good spells and the squad does have a lot of strengths.  If we were to win, might give us the belief that we can be right up there come the end of the season.

County had a hard game yesterday and will be gutted how it finished, hopefully we go into this slightly fresher having had a free weekend.

Would imagine we will line up something like;

Scully.

Tumilty Waddell Buchanan McKeown

McAlister  Millar   Tidser.

Telfer                                                MacLean

McHugh

Bench- Gaston, Kilday, Tiffoney, Thomson, Oliver, Johnstone. Bell.

McHugh obv the weak link there but he has been given the nod in all games so far. Would prefer Oliver or Bell up there if Denny is not fit to make it.

2--1. Telfer and MacLean for us. McManus for County obviously!

Denny will play in today's reserve game according to the Tele. Saturday will be too soon for him I reckon but hopefully he'll be fine for Partick away. Would rather we had Bell up front than McHugh but McKinnon seems happy for him to start every week. I'd also like to see Oliver put out wide rather than Telfer who is just wasted there. I think it'd be better to bring Telfer on for one of the CM's after 60 mins as the midfield has tired quickly each game. Telfer was also outstanding at Partick away in the league cup when playing in the middle. 

36 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Denny will play in today's reserve game according to the Tele. Saturday will be too soon for him I reckon but hopefully he'll be fine for Partick away. Would rather we had Bell up front than McHugh but McKinnon seems happy for him to start every week. I'd also like to see Oliver put out wide rather than Telfer who is just wasted there. I think it'd be better to bring Telfer on for one of the CM's after 60 mins as the midfield has tired quickly each game. Telfer was also outstanding at Partick away in the league cup when playing in the middle. 

Nice one. Hopefully the big man does well today then and gets through it without any issues. Even if we were to get 60 mins out of him on Sat, would give us more than what McHugh offers but as you say, probably too soon. 

Agreed on Telfer but it seems McKinnon wants him in the starting 11 but won't drop any of the middle 3 so filling a gap out wide.

I'd rather have a 20% fit Johnstone in the team than McHugh, all things considered. Assuming there's not a big risk of setting him back again by playing him too soon we should bring him straight in, the sooner he's up to speed the better.

Archived