EOS League Cup 2018-19

1 hour ago, cookieboy said:

I was at the far end from the goal that Mussleburgh scored the disallowed goal can anyone confirm it was offside 

Never a sending off in your life

The lunge alone on Liam Reid deserved a red card!

Then a couple of minutes later, in front of the ref he is just a silly boy! Gemmell  has enough experience to know to keep out of trouble just after a booking, so yes a red card was the right decision!

Bo'ness United 1-0 Musselburgh Athletic

Congratulations to Bo'ness. Not memorable but a hard-fought final. Musselburgh were the better side in the first half, certainly had more of the ball, but were unable to produce the final shot while Bo'ness created a chance and took it. Much more even in second half... indeed Bo'ness posed a considerable threat after being reduced to 10-men over a foolish 2nd yellow. I was up the opposite end so can't comment on the equaliser controversially ruled-out for offside.

Crowd of 670 = very decent. I cannot imagine many Musselburgh or Bo'ness fans worth their salt would have eschewed the game in favour of an OF derby on TV (nor watching it in a Penicuik hostelry beforehand). However there were officials and fans from other clubs like Spartans, Bonnyrigg, Tranent, etc. who all had games yesterday. Pleasant surroundings in fine weather.

Here are the champions with the new silverware:

0t5zTV81?format=jpg&name=600x314