EOS League Cup 2018-19

Just now, buboy said:
2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:
In recent **** the EOSL have always had most of their finals on Sunday's. In the past I imagine it would have helped with crowds. A bit unlucky the date for this one clashes with an Old Firm game but the final date would have been set before the Premiership dates had been announced.

Only decided venue on Monday could have switched days no problem

I was meaning the date not the venue as you say they could have changed it to today I suppose.  How much will a dead rubber OF game affect the crowd for the final who knows still think the crowd will be not too bad.

34 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I was meaning the date not the venue as you say they could have changed it to today I suppose.  How much will a dead rubber OF game affect the crowd for the final who knows still think the crowd will be not too bad.

Anyone wanting to see the OF game should just head to Penicuik for 12 noon and watch the game in one of the towns fine hostelries. The Navaar, Crown, Royal and the Miners Club will all be showing it and will make you most welcome. 

Edited by The REAL Rookie Cookie

On 08/05/2019 at 11:02, Ginaro said:

:unsure:

What are you unsure about Ginaro. The guy just put his thoughts out there! Not all have to agree. Supporters of Musselburgh will follow their team all over. A month ago we played at Penicuik, when they won the league. Great game to watch, but doesn't mean it was the best arena. 

I love Olivebank as a venue for watching football. Small pitch, in comparison to most other grounds, but great place to watch a match. Others might disagree. Who cares.

If you go on Sunday, like me, enjoy the match.

2 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

What are you unsure about Ginaro. The guy just put his thoughts out there! Not all have to agree. Supporters of Musselburgh will follow their team all over. A month ago we played at Penicuik, when they won the league. Great game to watch, but doesn't mean it was the best arena. 

I love Olivebank as a venue for watching football. Small pitch, in comparison to most other grounds, but great place to watch a match. Others might disagree. Who cares.

It would hardly be played at a Junior ground. It's not a huge deal we shouldn't criticise clubs trying their best to have a decent ground. 

Nothing can be worse than mid annandale for a final a cage with no cover. That was sosfl decision 

4 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

It would hardly be played at a Junior ground. It's not a huge deal we shouldn't criticise clubs trying their best to have a decent ground. 

Nothing can be worse than mid annandale for a final a cage with no cover. That was sosfl decision 

I have no idea what you just said there! Is it cryptic or not - dear only knows!

"It would hardly be played at a Junior Ground" Technically it is, albeit that Penicuik are with EoS league now.

"We should not criticise clubs.... " then in the next sentence saying - "nothing can be worse that mid annandale for a final" ?? Is that a contradiction / critisism or both? 

Not sure the guy was criticising Penicuik's ground - rather ; he said there were better options! If I had a choice of Penicuik or Broxburn for any match never mind a cup final - Penicuik would win every time! If the choice was Penicuik or Musselburgh - I'd pick Musselburgh.  

8 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

I have no idea what you just said there! Is it cryptic or not - dear only knows!

"It would hardly be played at a Junior Ground" Technically it is, albeit that Penicuik are with EoS league now.

"We should not criticise clubs.... " then in the next sentence saying - "nothing can be worse that mid annandale for a final" ?? Is that a contradiction / critisism or both? 

Not sure the guy was criticising Penicuik's ground - rather ; he said there were better options! If I had a choice of Penicuik or Broxburn for any match never mind a cup final - Penicuik would win every time! If the choice was Penicuik or Musselburgh - I'd pick Musselburgh.  

Just you get to the bar make sure you are drunk enough to run the line. If you saw that ground you would understand it wasn't a ground. At least penicuik is a ground 

12 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Just you get to the bar make sure you are drunk enough to run the line. If you saw that ground you would understand it wasn't a ground. At least penicuik is a ground 

Aye ok! Still never answered my question, but I will do ask you ask!

And to be pedantic - if Mid Annandale pitch not a ground, then how can Mid Annandale play there every couple of weeks?! At least if you are going to type nonsense - back it up!

If you are allowed out of Camelon, and come to the match on Sunday, hope you enjoy watching two good teams! But concentrate on the match as opposed to looking at the linesman.

As a number of fans now shout out -'Hey its no about you - we're here to watch a match!' - Love that it is generally the losing fans who spout that to the officials!!

28 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Aye ok! Still never answered my question, but I will do ask you ask!

And to be pedantic - if Mid Annandale pitch not a ground, then how can Mid Annandale play there every couple of weeks?! At least if you are going to type nonsense - back it up!

If you are allowed out of Camelon, and come to the match on Sunday, hope you enjoy watching two good teams! But concentrate on the match as opposed to looking at the linesman.

As a number of fans now shout out -'Hey its no about you - we're here to watch a match!' - Love that it is generally the losing fans who spout that to the officials!!

I don't live in camelon 

21 minutes ago, leftbehind said:

EXACTLY    beginning to wonder if we should go to the game now with all this pre-match anger between the fans.  One thing is certain the Penicuik Officials and Committee wil look after both sets of supporters and their committees with absolute dignity.

Where is there any pre-match anger between Musselburgh and Bo'ness fans? None I can see?

Alan is just Alan - says what he wants in numerous P&B pages then doesn't answer anything. That doesn't make me angry - I'm a very placid character!

Hope you and your friends come and enjoy the spectacle! Guys at Penicuik are always friendly and welcoming.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

IF you are a Bo'ness or Burgh fan - If it is a dead rubber / or an important match - that shouldn't mean much if anything to the crowd. I support a team in the top league but first and foremost I am a Burgh fan!

2 hours ago, The REAL Rookie Cookie said:

Anyone wanting to see the OF game should just head to Penicuik for 12 noon and watch the game in one of the towns fine hostelries. The Navaar, Crown, Royal and the Miners Club will all be showing it and will make you most welcome. 

The last time b/U were through to penicuik we had a pre match pint in the pub that was through a lane from behind the goals 

Is that pub still open as we heard it was closing that night 

I predict the league cup Final game tomorrow will be a cracker. Conditions will be perfect for a game of proper Fitbaw. As for any suggestion there's anger brewing between the fans all I can say is it's total nonsense. In my previous visits to Olivebank the banter between BU and Mussy fans has been good natured. Sure both sets of fans will get on great when they make the trip to Penicuik.

3 hours ago, Bignose said:

The last time b/U were through to penicuik we had a pre match pint in the pub that was through a lane from behind the goals 

Is that pub still open as we heard it was closing that night 

It is closed but the Roadhouse  is only 100 yards  away and the Miners Club 200yards

Edited by cookieboy

That will be Penicuiks licenced arena, its perfectly fine for a Cup Final, and for the SFA.

Congratulations to Bo'ness, and a very decent crowd in the sunshine.

Why is the cup final on a Sunday both teams sitting in the hoose the day when there is hardly a game on...then play on a Sunday when old firm are playing reducing the attendance dramatically.. E.o.s best run organisation? Maybe it's just me. !!!
I think it's just you to be fair.