Ross County vs. Raith Rovers : 2nd Rnd Challenge Cup

WSDR 88

Never been to Dingwall, so I am buzzing for this, get it ticked off the list. 4 hours of jars on the train up, terrible football, and then 4 hours of jars on the train back to Kirkcaldy, what’s not to be excited about.

IMG_0388.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more competitive games the better at this end of the season. County should be comfortably too good and should aim to get through to the next round.  

but it wouldn't be the first time we could regret giving far too many fringe players a game. For us it will provide a measure of how deep is the quality of our bloated expensive squad. 

Hope we play as few first team players as possible. We'll lose money having to travel to Dingwall no doubt.

Unfortunately with Barry Smith in charge we'll go full strength, scrape a win, go another round in this completely pointless tournament and get a few more injuries along the way.

14 hours ago, Les Westander of County said:

The more competitive games the better at this end of the season. County should be comfortably too good and should aim to get through to the next round.  

but it wouldn't be the first time we could regret giving far too many fringe players a game. For us it will provide a measure of how deep is the quality of our bloated expensive squad. 

It's not like we would field a weakened team, against Raith, in a cup game.

Or would we....

13 hours ago, ListerRRFC said:

Hope we play as few first team players as possible. We'll lose money having to travel to Dingwall no doubt.

Unfortunately with Barry Smith in charge we'll go full strength, scrape a win, go another round in this completely pointless tournament and get a few more injuries along the way.

That's the spirit!

County won't want to ruin your season by letting you win.  So I predict a 2-1 home win. 

https://twitter.com/rosscounty/status/1031568589239791616?s=21

[emoji1001] Saturday 8th September

[emoji937] 3.00pm

[emoji909] Global Energy Stadium, Dingwall

[emoji957] Info announced soon

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Lots of excitement about this I see...

I've missed our home games with Falkirk and Alloa so looking forward seeing a match.

Anyone have an idea what we're  charging to see this, as doubt my season ticket will cover this?

£10 adult

£5 concession (Over 65/Under 18/Student)

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news/archive/irn-bru-cup-second-round-draw/

Will be interesting to see what tactics/player choices the cat adopts with Smith's resignation. Hopefully he's learned from Smith's mistake away from home. I'm heading up for this one and intrigued to see what happens. We have a tendency (for some reason) to perform to a higher standard against better opposition, be it home or away, so hopeful for a decent result and performance.

Will (optimistically) go with 2-1 rovers to atone for our recent highland robbery

Fergie saying all the right things in the pre match interview on Youtube. Hope a few of the fringe/young players get a game. Ross Munro especially might be a good one to get game time, Paton as mentioned. Imagine DKD will play as he's not played much recently.

I'd like something like this;

Munro

Watson Morris Fonts

Dow     Vigurs     Cowie   Dykes   DKD

Paton

Stewart 

Half 1st teamers, half fringe. 

Archived