East Fife Vs Partick Thistle - Scottish Cup

jagfox

Never in doubt once we equalised, the collective arse seemed to visibly drop right out of the Thistle players right after Agnew's goal and once our second went in, any semblance of fight that they had left was gone!!!

I think Partick fans are definitely suffering, as their side has turned into and actually look like a "Championship" side and not the "Premiership" side who happen to be playing in the Championship that they appear to think they are and perhaps need to realise this and also the fact that the gap between the Championship and League One isn't vast, especially in a one-off cup-tie!!!

Anyway, the better team won and we are through to the next round of this strange cup that nobody wants to be in, personally I think I'd want Dunfermline in the next round but really anyone will do apart obviously from any of the Irish/Welsh/English/Colts sides that are left, this cup isn't worth the Club losing money over and whether it's playing a Colts side in front of only 50odd die-hards or paying travel costs and wages to get to the arse end of nowhere it's not really worth it in the long run!!!

Happy to be through but waiting with baited breath for the draw!!!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Btw what have you done to Penrice???
You've broken him or coached the football that we coached into him, out of him!!!
We were looking forward to the Robertsonesque runs down the wing, the fantastic crosses and the general terrific defensive play, saw him hit our byline once and then that was it!!!
If you don't want him can we have him back???

17 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

You've broken him or coached the football that we coached into him, out of him!!!
We were looking forward to the Robertsonesque runs down the wing, the fantastic crosses and the general terrific defensive play, saw him hit our byline once and then that was it!!!

We'll take him back before you do :D 

Him and Robbo both came from EF if I remember correctly and were/have been brilliant for us. Penrice was a star for us and Robbo plays every game now 

38 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Tbf, he’s been one of our better players this season. Has already scored a couple of goals and generally been really solid going forward and supporting the attacks.

Today he kept giving the ball away and his confidence completely went. His worst game for us by miles.

He’ll be fine.

Maybe if the Partick scorer and a couple of his team-mates spent less time on their dance routines and more time on the basics......

It used to be a handshake and if it was a special goal there would be a pat on the back or a ruffle of the hair.   Things moved on to hugs,kisses or a sprint across the park to cuddle the manager. Yesterday’s celebration for Partick’s  deflected sclaff was like celebrity come dancing.

Going by yesterday’s performance Partick fans will be seeing slow waltzes rather than quicksteps

Maybe if the Partick scorer and a couple of his team-mates spent less time on their dance routines and more time on the basics......
It used to be a handshake and if it was a special goal there would be a pat on the back or a ruffle of the hair.   Things moved on to hugs,kisses or a sprint across the park to cuddle the manager. Yesterday’s celebration for Partick’s  deflected sclaff was like celebrity come dancing.
Going by yesterday’s performance Partick fans will be seeing slow waltzes rather than quicksteps

I’d stick about a grand on you voting for Brexit.

3 hours ago, Reid said:

I’d stick about a grand on you voting for Brexit.

Wrong.

9 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Raging at brown people dancing.

Ya gammon.

Raging ?  was skin colour even hinted at ?

You two must be a pair of crackers being able to introduce politics and skin colour into what was meant as harmless post.  I thought the two Partick  Thistle fans lampooned on the TV  sketch must be imaginary.  Wrong. 

19 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Out of interest how many Thistle fans do you reckon were there, the "Official" attendance of 932 seems a bit light???

I'd have guessed about 500 or so, but it's pretty hard to tell just from looking up from the bottom of the stand.

It would certainly make sense, though, assuming somewhere in the 400-500 range for EF is about normal?

Nah, the only thing normal is the usual fudging of the attendance figures for a cup tie!!!

Holds approx 1000 either side of the tunnel and our end was way more than half full!!![emoji848]

• 4 months later...

Archived