East Fife Vs Partick Thistle - Scottish Cup

jagfox

When will fans realise that throwing flairs onto a plastic pitch does damage ? Were the fans searched at the away end as well as the home end ?? Hope the person who threw it is identified and charged the same as the guys that did it at the Rovers v Dunfermline. They should be made to pay for repairs. Tight game settled by a back post header from a corner. All the best to Thistle in the next round

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd be worried if it was last year losing about 9 games in a row. But we're unbeaten this year and won 4 games in a row now. Thanks for the concern though, best of luck for the rest of the season. 

Your bottom mate. I would still be worried. Won 4 in a row and still bottom. Cheers though you too! Rather not get yous in the play offs [emoji23]

10 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Your bottom mate. I would still be worried. Won 4 in a row and still bottom. Cheers though you too! Rather not get yous in the play offs emoji23.png

Dry your eyes...make up your mind its either an even even game or were we bossed for long periods.....win our game in hand and we move out bottom 2....a few other teams brought back into aswell....

Disappointed to be out, was always going to be a harder game than earlier in the season as Thistle are a much changed team. Still a lot to play for though starting with the fizzy drink cup semi final next weekend.

Good luck to Thistle in the next round and with Falkirk winning the bottom of the Championship is shaping up to be a very interesting finish.

When will fans realise that throwing flairs onto a plastic pitch does damage ? Were the fans searched at the away end as well as the home end ?? Hope the person who threw it is identified and charged the same as the guys that did it at the Rovers v Dunfermline. They should be made to pay for repairs. Tight game settled by a back post header from a corner. All the best to Thistle in the next round
This. Neither teams should have to fork out money because of the actions of an absolute bellwhiff. Hope they identify the culprit and get him/her to pay for the damages.

Dissapointing to lose out to a set piece . Our old Achilles heel of defending corners came back to haunt us. Sad thing is guy has run 12 yards and no one puts any pressure on him at all. We played some nice possession football but just never got a break of the ball in the final third. We had a lot of corners in first half but our best shout was what looked like a stone wall penalty when centre half held Dowds right in front of the ref. Both defences looked comfortable all game and a set play always looked the likely way a goal was going to come. A great travelling support and good luck in the next round. A chance we could meet in the play offs hopefully the weather will be kinder if we do as the wind spoiled the game.

Had a feeling early on in the match that one goal was going to win this and so it came to pass, don't know if it was the conditions, it probably was, but I don't think we looked as fluid or as aggressive as we have done recently, we still had more than enough to compete against Partick but they got the break on the day and we didn't and you saw by their reactions at the end that they knew they had been in a game and were glad it was over, watching Anderson going apoplectic when he saw there was 5mins of Injury Time still to go was quite entertaining!!!

And again saw enough to see that there is nothing between the sides on the Championship and the top of League One and the recent signing news makes me confident of our progression at that level!!!

Well done Partick, good luck in the next round and hope you get some dosh out of it, it'll help cover the repair bill!!![emoji6]

What exactly happened in the away end when all the smoke and stewards appeared, couldn't see it from up the back of the home end???

Agree that Anderson was outstanding and handled the young East Fife strikers very well.Felt East Fife missed the craft of Agnew and Smith.Two disappointing things were the flares thrown from the away support ,Thistle fans are a decent lot and hope the clowns who behaved  so poorly are identified.Secondly had the misfortune to be seated next to so me East Fife fans who spent the whole game berating Mark Docherty.I’ve done my share of moaning but that didn’t help the team.Glad to hear other fans  express their opinion about it during the game.

1 hour ago, Bayviewboy said:

I'm sure thistle will pick up the bill, but you're right, that sort of bawbaggery should be left to the old firm's away supports.  I've never seen our fans do that before and I hope it's not starting now.

Just been shown 2 of the 3 penalty claims & both are stonewallers. The right back not only pins Dowds but has both arms around him. Apparently the ref said the ball was too far away for it to be a foul! The other one when Penners flattened Scott Linton after he played the ball is even more of a pen than I thought at time.
The third on Court near the end, the defender apologised for kicking him but the ref gave a corner.
Still proud of my team, conditions were awful but we deserved better today. Good luck to Thistle in the next round

25 minutes ago, LiamA said:

Just been shown 2 of the 3 penalty claims & both are stonewallers. The right back not only pins Dowds but has both arms around him. Apparently the ref said the ball was too far away for it to be a foul! The other one when Penners flattened Scott Linton after he played the ball is even more of a pen than I thought at time.
The third on Court near the end, the defender apologised for kicking him but the ref gave a corner.
Still proud of my team, conditions were awful but we deserved better today. Good luck to Thistle in the next round

Have a laughing goose champ :king

Laughing-Goose.gif.e3d04c71a34f8e8162f9c9ae76bc49eb.gif

Multiple replays in the highlights then please!!!

Archived