Talksport ripping into the league

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Killie87 said:

I'm not bothered at all tbh, as i said in the OP i don't listen to it, was just pondering why you would listen to it if you only follow Scottish football.

Why would anyone listen to it, regardless of what football they were interested in?

The issue has less to do with specific content, than it has to do with its entire editorial approach.  Nobody who's remotely discerning would tune in regularly.  It's pitched at the not very bright.

Why would anyone listen to it, regardless of what football they were interested in?
The issue has less to do with specific content, than it has to do with its entire editorial approach.  Nobody who's remotely discerning would tune in regularly.  It's pitched at the not very bright.
This in spades.
Brazil, Fat Sally and Jim Shite are utter fucking traitors though.

3 minutes ago, The Marly said:

This in spades.
Brazil, Fat Sally and Jim Shite are utter fucking traitors though.

agreed.

wasn't Jim White getting pelters for his "new low for Scottish football" comment?  maybe he's realised how it backfired and now trying to come out pretending to be a fan again.

piss off White.  Nobody with a brain's listening

Gammon Radio thinks our game is shite.  I'll not lose any sleep over it.  I generally think the EPL is pish, but I don't bang on about it.

I'm only interested when Brazil reaches a critical mass point and devours himself.  Or has a gigantic coronary. 

Talksport always has been and always will be garbage. 

It's the Sport version of The Daily Mail.

They say something reactionary then their dumb listeners phone in and argue with them. 

TalkSport is populated with real-life Alan Partridge-alike sadsack failed journalists who would w**k off a tramp for a wage and it is produced by some of the vilest media people ever shat into creation for one of most evil congolmerates in history. It exists solely to keep the masses dumb and keep them consuming.

End thread.

Always find it amazing how much Talksport riles folk up. I can remember when West Ham were in the Championship a few years back, and there was a petition to get Durham off the radio due to his constant rants about the money West Ham had spent in comparison to his beloved Peterborough. Folk were properly seething about it. He must have made them a mint that year, because every day you had a West Ham fan ringing in to berate him. Now I think his main targets are Tottenham and Arsenal, and the same thing happens. 

Someone above mentioned Hawksbee & Jacob being very good to listen to, it helps massively that they are one of the only shows on the network that don't have call in's. So you always get a sensible chat with some decent guests. 

The others are there purely to make money, Jim White last season with his lick arse attitude towards Gold and Sullivan, the aforementioned Durham with his Arsenal and Tottenham comments, Goldstein with just about anyone. I doubt they even think of the lines, probably given to them before they sit down and they go with it, in the hope of sparking outrage. 

Part wind up, part arrogance, but largely down to the fact that the English game completely lacks in self esteem and it tries to make up for that by pretending it's all about the other two.

They are so devoid in confidence in their own league that they have to talk ours down in order to make theirs seem better in relation to it.

When they talk about our game being poor, they are simply disguising the fact they know their game is no longer about sport and only about money.

Get it up them.

Folk listen to that shite?

It's like a sports Radio Brexit. It's exclusively for dribbling, foaming, spluttering simpletons.

I've made a note of those on here who admit to listening to it.

Regardless of the content,  I wont listen to it as it's owned and controlled by that b*****d Rupert Murdoch and his corporation,  as others have pointed out its radio aimed at Brexit voting,  S*n reading, xenephobic fuckwits who think the world revolves around the EPL and the British empire, the type of c***s who go on holiday and eat fish and chips, drinking Carling in pubs showing Sky Sports News and repeats of Only Fools and Horses. 

27 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Folk listen to that shite?

It's like a sports Radio Brexit. It's exclusively for dribbling, foaming, spluttering simpletons.

I've made a note of those on here who admit to listening to it.

Put the list up and I’ll run a few copies off on the printer and post them on lampposts in the DD1-5 area.

What's the sudden hard on for Scottish football from down south for all of a sudden?  I take it it's from the Burnley - Aberdeen tie?   Possibly Rooney going to Salford?

Archived