Talksport ripping into the league

I'm seeing on twitter that they are at it again bad mouthing our league, listened to it a couple of times and it was s***e, i could see why you would listen to it if you had an interest in English football but if your only interested in our game why would you listen to their p**h ?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Killie87 said:

.. why would you listen to their p**h ?

Which is an entirely valid question. As is, why bother making a thread about it? We are all well aware of English arrogance whether that is our sport or the values we hold as a country.

It's like the radio equivalent of Katie Hopkins. Ignore at all costs and don't give them the attention that they so desperately crave.

Everybody going mental and phoning in to foam at the mouth is just making them money and is exactly what they want.

1 minute ago, Louis Litt said:

It's like the radio equivalent of Katie Hopkins. Ignore at all costs and don't give them the attention that they so desperately crave.

Everybody going mental and phoning in to foam at the mouth is just making them money and is exactly what they want.

Entirely this.

It's designed to provoke idiots into reacting.

It's therefore idiotic to react.

Andy Goldstein after the Celtic game was a patronising c**t. It all comes down to finances. I’m sure if our club’s were getting upwards of £80m per season we’d make a great fist of things up here. Some of those pundits on Talksport just won’t accept it has to do with finances. Doubt Man City would have many of those players if it didn’t have the money. 

The Moose on talksport is just on the wind up. I think Jim White’s been getting a hard time of it on Twitter which is harsh because he’s definitely sticking up for our game. He might be a bellend in some people’s opinion but he’s definitely defending our game. 

Just now, Yenitit said:

Andy Goldstein after the Celtic game was a patronising c**t. It all comes down to finances. I’m sure if our club’s were getting upwards of £80m per season we’d make a great fist of things up here. Some of those pundits on Talksport just won’t accept it has to do with finances. Doubt Man City would have many of those players if it didn’t have the money. 

The Moose on talksport is just on the wind up. I think Jim White’s been getting a hard time of it on Twitter which is harsh because he’s definitely sticking up for our game. He might be a bellend is some people’s opinion but he’s definitely defending our game. 

Jim white will be defending our game purely on the basis he's also defending Rangers. If Talksport said "every club in Scotland except Rangers are shite" then White would wear down his fingers from re-tweeting.

Just now, Buddist Monk said:

Jim white will be defending our game purely on the basis he's also defending Rangers. If Talksport said "every club in Scotland except Rangers are shite" then White would wear down his fingers from re-tweeting.

To be fair to him he keeps saying Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen have great followings as well. 

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

To be fair to him he keeps saying Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen have great followings as well. 

I've not seen his recent comments, but we all know his history and if you ever meet him in public and he lets the mask slip it's all too obvious exactly where his loyalties (pun intended) lie.

Quite like a bit of talksport 2 on the drive home, find myself looking forward to Goughies rants. That guy who hosts with him is a bit of a knob, especially on Twitter but it makes for good radio.

4 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

I've not seen his recent comments, but we all know his history and if you ever meet him in public and he lets the mask slip it's all too obvious exactly where his loyalties (pun intended) lie.

That might be true but he definitely doesn’t hide that Rangers are his team. 

13 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

There are about 10 million better things you can do with your life than be upset by the shit spoken by talksport.

Close thread please.

I'm not bothered at all tbh, as i said in the OP i don't listen to it, was just pondering why you would listen to it if you only follow Scottish football.

I'm not bothered at all tbh, as i said in the OP i don't listen to it, was just pondering why you would listen to it if you only follow Scottish football.

There’s no good reason to listen to it if you follow any football.

Their entire premise is to wind people up to the point where they phone in and froth at the mouth. It isn’t insightful, thought provoking, informative or anything. It is utter garbage.

Archived