Edinburgh City v Stirling Albion

2 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

I don't want to bore people with a load of technical stuff but,......... WE SUCK!

Albion weren't all THAT bad!    As I said previously

Stirling were OK in patches,  and will improve when injuries to key players clear up.  Should still push for play-offs by May.

Was impressed by the Stirling goalie, and the big number 2 guy was good as well.

Apart from Albion Rovers and probably Berwick Rangers, the league looks pretty even this year with not much between the other eight teams.

Stirling were OK in patches,  and will improve when injuries to key players clear up.  Should still push for play-offs by May.
Was impressed by the Stirling goalie, and the big number 2 guy was good as well.
Apart from Albion Rovers and probably Berwick Rangers, the league looks pretty even this year with not much between the other eight teams.

I thought we were absolutely shocking, bar the 5 minutes before our goal.

Agree re the keeper and Geeks. The rest were pish.

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

That's generous of you, but there are just too many persistent errors, that have led to 7 conceded and 1 scored in the opening 3 league games.  Both defenders and midfielders seem to think defending is simply finding a spot in front of the goal to stand in and that's  it. High balls in, are either not challenged, or rarely won.  Even when won, they tend to be knocked straight to the opposition's feet.  Ball watching substitutes for tracking players on the move, so dangerous balls are rarely intercepted to people left unmarked.  

The ball is given away cheaply in midfield, or just punted in hope, over and over again.  The bench is weaker than a watered down Budweisser.  These problem's are endemic. While a couple of players returning may help, it's hard to believe they alone can solve all that.  Simple punts forward, shouldn't cause havoc at the back in game after game, but they do. The manager seems helpless to do anything about any of it.  We've been here before and it hasn't ended well.

Archived