The City of Dundee Appreciation Thread

It seems to be a daily occurrence that world reaching news outlets and publications are talking up the City of Discovery:

Screenshot_20180721-153810.thumb.jpg.8e9e21b15ab2aea4e51e522e2e0fd491.jpg

Screenshot_20180721-153855.thumb.jpg.a66bcb604e7ee008e92e8361bb845f30.jpg

And, most recently, ranked just behind British Colombia, Samoa and Oman:

Screenshot_20180816-080150_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f4e5a931010ba565bf29a86d25cc12f2.jpg

Visitor numbers are up 20% in the last year and the iconic V&A Museum doesn't open until September.

The waterfront area of the city has been transformed and with two world class universities within walking distance of the city centre it seems Dundee is the place to be.

Margaret from Whitfield of course thinks the money would be better spent on potholes and a better bus service.

Jimmy from Govan has a harrowing anecdote about a few junkies he passed on the street in Dundee back in 1994 so of course he won't be back to the "shithole" and will remain rooted to his safe space.

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where the rest of Scotland's touristy questions could be answered by the Dundee based residents of P&B. 

Do you have a trip planned?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not one but two world class golf courses within a 15 mile radius in St Andrews and Carnoustie, for those that way inclined.

A Blue Flag beach in Broughty Ferry.

Apart from an IKEA, is there anything that Dundee is missing from it's doorstep?

Not one but two world class golf courses within a 15 mile radius in St Andrews and Carnoustie, for those that way inclined.
Apart from an IKEA, is there anything that Dundee is missing from it's doorstep?

Pizza Express. Where else am I supposed to spend my clubcard vouchers?!

I’ve got tickets to the opening weekend at the V&A. No doubt it’ll be absolutely mobbed but oh well. It’s also my boyfriends birthday the same week and I’m taking him, but apparently free tickets don’t count as a birthday present. I waited about half an hour online for tickets. Ungrateful b*****d.

Dundee is on the up. Only people from the west who haven’t visited the city in years have a bad perception of it. Scotland’s sunniest city the v and a decent restaurants and pubs. Let the haters hate [emoji849][emoji849]

2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

A Wimpey.

At least this is what the people of Dingwall tell me.

Archived