thelangonline

I see Cambuslang Rangers will now have 5 AWAY matches on the bounce[emoji848]

8th Aug - AWAY to Beith

11th Aug - AWAY to Clydebank

15th AWAY - EK (cup)

18th AWAY - Pollock

25th AWAY - Kilbirnie

You really couldn't make it up.

Maybe if we moan on here enough something might change[emoji23][emoji23].

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, thelangonline said:

I see Cambuslang Rangers will now have 5 AWAY matches on the bounceemoji848.png

8th Aug - AWAY to Beith

11th Aug - AWAY to Clydebank

15th AWAY - EK (cup)

18th AWAY - Pollock

25th AWAY - Kilbirnie

You really couldn't make it up.

Maybe if we moan on here enough something might changeemoji23.pngemoji23.png.

So discounting the cup game you have 4 away league games in a row, which will mean in the second half of the season if the fixtures are just reversed you will have 4 home games in a row which if you are challenging  for the league is an advantage. 

I know this idea of actually having a fixture list in the juniors is something you are not used to, but I know from experience that not every team can play home then away all season and that all fixtures are subject to change.   I have created fixtures for an amateur league that the games were played midweek from April-Sept, at the beginning and end of the season all fixtures involved as little travelling as possible, normally derby matches but you would more than likely complain that those games were being played midweek rather than at a weekend.  At the start of the season I released the fixtures and every team and official knew that towards the end of the season kick-off times could be brought forward so the game could be completed before it got dark.   There was also 2 other leagues in surrounding areas that were completing for referees and pitches, with a bit of experience and communication between the leagues there was no clash of fixtures involving referees or pitches.

Give the guy doing the fixtures a break, if the Juniors hadn't been in the dark ages for so long and not produced provisional fixtures for a full season, which are a lot easier than working it out month by month as it was done before this season there would of been some knowledge that could of been passed on to help with these issues.  He is starting from scratch, there will be teething issues for the first season but with experience things will improve in the future.

4 minutes ago, munro76 said:

So discounting the cup game you have 4 away league games in a row, which will mean in the second half of the season if the fixtures are just reversed you will have 4 home games in a row which if you are challenging  for the league is an advantage. 

I know this idea of actually having a fixture list in the juniors is something you are not used to, but I know from experience that not every team can play home then away all season and that all fixtures are subject to change.   I have created fixtures for an amateur league that the games were played midweek from April-Sept, at the beginning and end of the season all fixtures involved as little travelling as possible, normally derby matches but you would more than likely complain that those games were being played midweek rather than at a weekend.  At the start of the season I released the fixtures and every team and official knew that towards the end of the season kick-off times could be brought forward so the game could be completed before it got dark.   There was also 2 other leagues in surrounding areas that were completing for referees and pitches, with a bit of experience and communication between the leagues there was no clash of fixtures involving referees or pitches.

Give the guy doing the fixtures a break, if the Juniors hadn't been in the dark ages for so long and not produced provisional fixtures for a full season, which are a lot easier than working it out month by month as it was done before this season there would of been some knowledge that could of been passed on to help with these issues.  He is starting from scratch, there will be teething issues for the first season but with experience things will improve in the future.

If allowances hadn’t been made for other clubs we wouldn’t be moaning but they were for Clydebank but not us.  

19 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Wasnt the allowance to give Clydebank 1 extra home game meaning they then had the exact same number of home games and away games as Cambuslang now meaning neither club has an advantage?

No it was to give Clydebank an advantage not us.

No it was to give Clydebank an advantage not us.

Im just wondering how when both clubs have the same number of home/away games it gives any club an advantage? If you could explain that to me i’d be delighted to get your way of thinking?
I take it you still get a home game against Clydebank? If not then thats an advantage but I fail to see the issue here?

1 hour ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

If the game had gone ahead at Cambuslang you’d have had 3 home and 4 away in your 1st 7 games.We’d have had 1 home and 6 away.We've both now got  2 home and 5 away so I fail to see how that’s is us being favoured?

Favouring Clydebank , disadvantages Cambuslang. 

It could be worse we could have Scott Robertson still in charge and you could get no home games in 3 month or 4 away games in 8 days at end of season when your trying to win trophies maybe kennie should just of said feck it you can both have a free Saturday second week of the season it’s impossible to keep 63 teams happy they will always be a few who feel the World is against them jeezo give the guy a chance

14 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

With the Pollok game now cancelled we will have 2 home and 5 away games in our first 7 league games.Just as well the Cambuslang game got changed or it would have been 1 home and 6 away!

8 of our first 11 games last season were away fixtures.

Archived