scores 15/8/18

Bruno marsbar

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Waste of time? How many opportunities are there to win a trophy?
Is the new format right? Who knows. But as long as my club is in it, we are in it to win it.

Would rather we played a few more league games just now & maybe come the end of the season we don’t have to squeeze half our league fixtures into a 6 week period .

9 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Would rather we played a few more league games just now & maybe come the end of the season we don’t have to squeeze half our league fixtures into a 6 week period .

You wont have to do that if you are unsuccessful in the cup competitions or if the Winter is mild and leads to few postponements.

In fact, clubs like Beith and Talbot win trophies despite having to cram in games at the end of the season.

Waste of time? How many opportunities are there to win a trophy?
Is the new format right? Who knows. But as long as my club is in it, we are in it to win it.
I see your point but having too many cups also devalues the other cups. I say this a lot but they should put a lot more into the WoS Cup as it's technically our "League cup" but it gets treated like an afterthought

22 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Well played rossvale moff has them doing the right things and use will feel dissapointed not 2 win the tie tonight use done and shouldve had a pen in 1st half.

Mon the moff

Mon the papers

I  thought Rossvale were by a distance the better team tonight. Given that they have only just made it to the Championship, displays like tonight and against Pollok can only be good for confidence. 

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

You wont have to do that if you are unsuccessful in the cup competitions or if the Winter is mild and leads to few postponements.

In fact, clubs like Beith and Talbot win trophies despite having to cram in games at the end of the season.

Might be that some teams have to justify the wages they pay, so winning a Diddy cup covers that? 

2 hours ago, Louis Mooie said:

Can anyone update now what the next round of fixtures in the cup is now.

Round 3 draw:

QF 1) Whitletts v Auchinleck
QF 2) Kilwinning v Johnstone
QF 3) Petershill v Clydebank
QF 4) East Kilbride Thistle v Lesmahagow

Semi-final draw:

Winner QF1 v Winner QF2

Winner QF4 v Winner QF3

2 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Well played rossvale moff has them doing the right things and use will feel dissapointed not 2 win the tie tonight use done and shouldve had a pen in 1st half.

Mon the moff

Mon the papers

Half decent performance from Rossvale. We had a poor evening mind you but they were unlucky not to at least take it to pens if not win it 

10 hours ago, DanMan said:

I  thought Rossvale were by a distance the better team tonight. Given that they have only just made it to the Championship, displays like tonight and against Pollok can only be good for confidence. 

Really enjoyed this last night. Rossvale should do well this season.

Don’t know why you’re upset that Meadow are a big team but the guy you’re trying to have an argument with isn’t even a Meadow fan.

I see the comment I quoted has now been deleted so it now looks like I’m arguing with no one. Sake!

Archived