Scotland name squad

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McBurnie out, meaning we've lost our two backup strikers. 

Who'll replace him? Cummings has started the season well, albeit in League One, as has Steven Naismith in a deeper role. 

I'd call up Dobbie or Shankland for patter, but it'll most likely be one of the above. 

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

Naismith not the worst option but I'd have preferred a player with a longer term future - Burke or Watt even

I think we need to win the game against Albania with the best we have at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

Naismith not the worst option but I'd have preferred a player with a longer term future - Burke or Watt even

I love Watt but he's not ready for that yet, fitness wise or mentally. If he keeps progressing under Tommy Wright he shouldn't be far away, though. 

Here's a laugh, Steven Maclean deserves a call up. He's been the best Scottish striker in the league for the past four years, and seems to be a huge player for Hearts already. His game intelligence is off the scale. 

2 hours ago, F_T_Y said:

Naismith, f**k sake.  What does that say about our striking options. Pretty grim.

Snodgrass not had a decent game for Scotland in a while either.

Naismith has come in as a back up. He's experienced, playing well but still only 31 so not exactly over the hill. Who else is playing well that should've came in ahead of him? If he'd been in the original squad ahead of someone like McBurnie it'd have been disappointing but he's a solid option. He also has next to no chance of starting.

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Here's a laugh, Steven Maclean deserves a call up. He's been the best Scottish striker in the league for the past four years, and seems to be a huge player for Hearts already. His game intelligence is off the scale. 

Off what scale?

Archived