Lewis Ferguson

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I take it that the reason that you’re so bitter tonight, is that your Reserves were dumped 3.2 by Dundee today, after Dundee going down to 10 men after about half an hour, and Super Saintees having the subsequent penalty saved. And.....and.... you let Moussa score. 

I hope that post was meant to sound pathetic. 

I hope Accies got a decent wedge (but reading between the lines it doesn't look like it).

I still believe that Scottish football would be much better served (in the long run), by focussing on making the domestic leagues more competitive, rather than maintaining the status quo, of putting the wishes of a few clubs Euro ambitions first.

Currently Aberdeen can take advantage of Accies, with Brand Rangers and Whore FC, taking advantage of Aberdeen.

I know that we will always see a drain on talent to bigger (financially) clubs, but we seem to make it too easy at the moment (particularly around youth players).

Yours

aDONis

3 hours ago, aDONisSheep said:

I hope Accies got a decent wedge (but reading between the lines it doesn't look like it).

I still believe that Scottish football would be much better served (in the long run), by focussing on making the domestic leagues more competitive, rather than maintaining the status quo, of putting the wishes of a few clubs Euro ambitions first.

Currently Aberdeen can take advantage of Accies, with Brand Rangers and Whore FC, taking advantage of Aberdeen.

I know that we will always see a drain on talent to bigger (financially) clubs, but we seem to make it too easy at the moment (particularly around youth players).

Yours

aDONis

I think because they only had Ferguson for 4 years that was always going to count against them but I agree hopefully they got a decent wedge. What concerns me is the amount of teams that are cancelling the youth system like Livingston and Falkirk. Hamilton have proved over the years that a decent youth system then they can compete in the Scottish Premiership so hopefully others will too. 

52 minutes ago, betting competition said:

.What concerns me is the amount of teams that are cancelling the youth system like Livingston and Falkirk. Hamilton have proved over the years that a decent youth system then they can compete in the Scottish Premiership so hopefully others will too. 

Clubs can't guarantee that they will benefit from their investment. Convesrsely, they can benefit from others' investments.

We should take for granted that indentured labour isn't a viable solution, despite Jim Mcleans efforts.

One way to try to overcome the disconnect is to ensure a return. This is what the development fee and compensation rules try to do. Evidentally they are inadequate.

The other way is to reduce or remove the burden of investment. This means central training or subsidies. 

Project brave appears to be a mechanism for (an attempt at) rationing subsidies so they go where they are most effective. I think there are better ways to allocate the funds myself.  The real issue is the level of funding available for distribution.

I think that there probably is a point at which a youth scheme is not a viable investment though and we shouldn't automatically assume that all clubs should have one.

See the amount agreed, is that the tribuna/panel decision or is it a number agreed on by both clubs.

The reason I ask is whether further clauses could be included. As we've seen with McGinn (and he's far from the only one, but from a St Mirren fan he's a perfect example) a small financial benefit at the time with much greater rewards later down the line. It's tough to gauge how any player will develop, but he's really hit the ground running.

2 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

See the amount agreed, is that the tribuna/panel decision or is it a number agreed on by both clubs.

The reason I ask is whether further clauses could be included. As we've seen with McGinn (and he's far from the only one, but from a St Mirren fan he's a perfect example) a small financial benefit at the time with much greater rewards later down the line. It's tough to gauge how any player will develop, but he's really hit the ground running.

The whole reason for the tribunal was because the clubs couldn't agree on a fee.

1 minute ago, NorthernLights said:

The whole reason for the tribunal was because the clubs couldn't agree on a fee.

I realise that is why it went to the tribunal, but I was wondering if both clubs came to an agreement at the last minute knowing neither would get their way in the tribunal. The reason I ask is whether clauses can be included by the tribunal. If not, it may have worked out better for Hamilton to accept the derisory Aberdeen offer if they could add clauses.

1 hour ago, Buddist Monk said:

I realise that is why it went to the tribunal, but I was wondering if both clubs came to an agreement at the last minute knowing neither would get their way in the tribunal. The reason I ask is whether clauses can be included by the tribunal. If not, it may have worked out better for Hamilton to accept the derisory Aberdeen offer if they could add clauses.

Not sure why you think that Aberdeen’s offer was “derisory”, when it’s a development fee and is not in the slightest linked to any perceived open market fee.

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not sure why you think that Aberdeen’s offer was “derisory"

Yeah, from the man who can't see why people dislike Willie Miller. Basically you are blinkered when it comes to your club.

Edit: That said I have no issue with Aberdeen putting in a derisory bid, if they could have got away with it, they would have offered £0. That's the way business works.

1 minute ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

This should have been sorted ages ago:

- Aberdeen make derisory offer. 

- Hamilton accept it like the diddles they are. 

Dunno who Accies think they are, acting the goat like this. 

Thanks for your input. A quality post indeed.

Archived