Lewis Ferguson

So again I'll ask what was the sell on % and how much did you get from it ?

15% and you know we ended up getting nothing from it because Hendrie got found out. Still got a decent wad of cash for him.

The point is you saying a sell on fee has nothing to do with the tribunal award when it certainly does.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That doesn't really link to the point Gray and MacDonald are trying to make, as Cadden had only made six appearances at the age of 18. He also hadn't represented Scotland by then. 
This is from a quick glance at Wikipedia though, so it could be wrong. 
Surely it's their development with the club up to the transfer date that's relevant.

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:
8 hours ago, accies1874 said:
That doesn't really link to the point Gray and MacDonald are trying to make, as Cadden had only made six appearances at the age of 18. He also hadn't represented Scotland by then. 
This is from a quick glance at Wikipedia though, so it could be wrong. 

Surely it's their development with the club up to the transfer date that's relevant.

That's what I would've thought too, but I suppose factoring in their progress at a certain age does make sense. 

It's understandable that they've looked at what Ferguson's done at the age of 18 and considered him a certain value because he's ahead of where some good players were at that age. 

I don't agree with the £1.2m - I'd be happy with anything above £200K - but I completely understand Gray and MacDonald's point of view. Why shouldn't they want as much money as possible? 

It is interesting reading Stephen Thompson's comments from the aftermath of the Telfer tribunal; claiming that high development fees will deter player development, when Gray is claiming the opposite. 

8 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

That's what I would've thought too, but I suppose factoring in their progress at a certain age does make sense. 

It's understandable that they've looked at what Ferguson's done at the age of 18 and considered him a certain value because he's ahead of where some good players were at that age. 

I don't agree with the £1.2m - I'd be happy with anything above £200K - but I completely understand Gray and MacDonald's point of view. Why shouldn't they want as much money as possible? 

It is interesting reading Stephen Thompson's comments from the aftermath of the Telfer tribunal; claiming that high development fees will deter player development, when Gray is claiming the opposite. 

I have no problem with Hamilton wanting as much money as possible, of course they do. But they also have to be realistic, and not expect the money that they are presently asking for. I see that one of Les Gray’s gripes is that Aberdeen want £20m for Scott McKenna and are willing to only pay £100k for Lewis Ferguson. He’s way off the mark there as the figure of £10m was quoted and not £20m. But whatever, Aberdeen wanting £10m and what they would actually accept are miles apart, as they would, in reality accept an offer of way below £10m. So Les Gray will know that Hamilton are going to have to accept a lot less, a lot less, than £1.25m for our Lewis.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I have no problem with Hamilton wanting as much money as possible, of course they do. But they also have to be realistic, and not expect the money that they are presently asking for. I see that one of Les Gray’s gripes is that Aberdeen want £20m for Scott McKenna and are willing to only pay £100k for Lewis Ferguson. He’s way off the mark there as the figure of £10m was quoted and not £20m. But whatever, Aberdeen wanting £10m and what they would actually accept are miles apart, as they would, in reality accept an offer of way below £10m. So Les Gray will know that Hamilton are going to have to accept a lot less, a lot less, than £1.25m for our Lewis.

I doubt he expects £1.25m. Given Aberdeen's original offer, he really doesn't have much to lose by kicking up a fuss - they'll most likely get more than £100K for him. 

There is an issue if the OP's rumour of £400K is to be believed though, as I think that's a pretty good offer. 

4 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I doubt he expects £1.25m. Given Aberdeen's original offer, he really doesn't have much to lose by kicking up a fuss - they'll most likely get more than £100K for him. 

There is an issue if the OP's rumour of £400K is to be believed though, as I think that's a pretty good offer. 

As others have said, Aberdeen will definitely not have offered £400k. Also, the tribunal is on Monday, but I’ve no idea when the outcome will be released.

As others have said, Aberdeen will definitely not have offered £400k. Also, the tribunal is on Monday, but I’ve no idea when the outcome will be released.

Ronnie will have messaged me with the result by Tuesday dinner time I’ll let you all know.

If the fee is too low it might put clubs off developing players. If it's too high then it might put clubs (like Aberdeen) off giving these guys an opportunity to develop their careers. Also if the fee is too high then you might see clubs developing players, offering them basic contracts, in the hope that they turn them down, so they leave and get a decent development fee for them.

35 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

If the fee is too low it might put clubs off developing players. If it's too high then it might put clubs (like Aberdeen) off giving these guys an opportunity to develop their careers. Also if the fee is too high then you might see clubs developing players, offering them basic contracts, in the hope that they turn them down, so they leave and get a decent development fee for them.

if the fee is too much higher than the international transfer formula then its the SFA saying to all young lads that they will need to head to england

23 hours ago, bpdon said:

He was an unused sub 6 times through 2016 and 2017 before his debut at the end of January 2018. Definitely the next James McCarthy.

He played in the same position as Greg Docherty, who was our first choice attacking midfielder.  As soon as Docherty left for Rangers, Ferguson became first choice pick.  We had two very good players who both played in the same position.

13 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Will Ferguson’s wages at Hamilton not be quite a big factor in the tribunal deciding the fee ?? 

9 minutes ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

I doubt it. I don't think anyone knows how they come by their decision . I fully expect Accies to be shafted though.

Yes. As will the extent of the contract that they offered him.

However some on here seem hell bent on ignoring the facts

58 minutes ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

I doubt it. I don't think anyone knows how they come by their decision . I fully expect Accies to be shafted though.

The decision will be fair. Unless Aberdeen have to pay over the odds, in which case it won’t.

Archived