Lewis Ferguson

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/16421588.hamilton-are-no-diddy-club-and-will-fight-to-get-125m-from-lewis-fergusons-move-to-aberdeen/
Thought it was odd that Hamilton referred to the Docherty and McKenna cases but looked into it and noted that they're at the same age Ferguson's at. Ferguson is miles ahead of them in terms of top flight appearances. In fact, McKenna hadn't actually played a first team minute in the Premiership at the same age Ferguson is now.

Didn’t click the link but if it’s £125 million they want for him I think they are onto plums.

What can they do if he turns the fucking contract down?  Ridiculous statement.

It’s not ridiculous. Based on what Martin Canning said, Accies didn’t start discussing a new contract with Ferguson until March when his old contract only had 3 months left. That doesn’t sound to me like a club convinced by the value they are peddling in the media now.
If they genuinely believed they had a million pound man on their hands, that contract would have been under his nose long before Aberdeen came sniffing.

Why would it be £600k for a guy who played 14 games for the club. Have I not read elsewhere that he only joined Hamilton at 13/14. I'd reckon about £250,000 would be more than fair. Let's face it, had he been under contract at Hamilton that would've been a very reasonable transfer fee in March

11 minutes ago, bpdon said:

It’s not ridiculous. Based on what Martin Canning said, Accies didn’t start discussing a new contract with Ferguson until March when his old contract only had 3 months left. That doesn’t sound to me like a club convinced by the value they are peddling in the media now.
If they genuinely believed they had a million pound man on their hands, that contract would have been under his nose long before Aberdeen came sniffing.

They still offered him one and he turned it down didn't he?

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Some of the things that the panel has to take into account are:

1st team experience 

costs incurred 

other offers received 

contract offerred.

i expect the first is in Accies favour and the others in ours

Ah common sense at last.

All this talk of £650k plus sell on clauses is total nonsense. Sell on clauses have got nothing to do with it whatsoever.

They still offered him one and he turned it down didn't he?

Yes. I’m not denying that and I hope Aberdeen pony up a fair development fee for him as a consequence.

I’m highlighting the flaws in Accies valuation arguments. They made a late contract extension offer for a player who couldn’t even get in their subs bench for most of last season. But we are to accept that at the same time Hamilton saw him as the next James McCarthy and worth a 7 figure sum. Aye, OK.

Accies are grand standing in the media to deflect from their mismanagement. I hope that goes against them.

I’m highlighting the flaws in Accies valuation arguments. They made a late contract extension offer for a player who couldn’t even get in their subs bench for most of last season.

Ferguson was on the bench most of the season up until making his debut in January. Just accept you’ll be coughing at least 500k and move on.

Ferguson was on the bench most of the season up until making his debut in January. Just accept you’ll be coughing at least 500k and move on.

He was an unused sub 6 times through 2016 and 2017 before his debut at the end of January 2018. Definitely the next James McCarthy.

23 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

We got a sell on clause from the Stephen Hendrie tribunal and Eamonn Brophy development fee. I’ll be flabbergasted if we don’t get one from this.

what happened at Hendrie tribunal? any links?

Archived