Lewis Ferguson

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

If Aberdeen want to give us the same as rangers 650k and 20% of the next sale for Ferguson I’m fine with that. That’s the only ‘evidence’ there.

I would accept that, emphasis on the 20% sell on.

3 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

Don't believe for one second that we have offered £400k for Ferguson.

There is just no logic to that whatsoever.

However we are only two games into season 2018/19 and we have already seen how corrupt The Strathclyde Football Association remains, so guess anything is possible.

Out of curiousity will it be disclosed who the individuals that will sit on this panel actually are ? 

Obviously in case this goes against us, there will be a requirement to know whom to direct the flak towards.

Hahahahahhahahaha.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/16421588.hamilton-are-no-diddy-club-and-will-fight-to-get-125m-from-lewis-fergusons-move-to-aberdeen/

Thought it was odd that Hamilton referred to the Docherty and McKenna cases but looked into it and noted that they're at the same age Ferguson's at. Ferguson is miles ahead of them in terms of top flight appearances. In fact, McKenna hadn't actually played a first team minute in the Premiership at the same age Ferguson is now.

5 minutes ago, Thralo Rust said:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/16421588.hamilton-are-no-diddy-club-and-will-fight-to-get-125m-from-lewis-fergusons-move-to-aberdeen/

Thought it was odd that Hamilton referred to the Docherty and McKenna cases but looked into it and noted that they're at the same age Ferguson's at. Ferguson is miles ahead of them in terms of top flight appearances. In fact, McKenna hadn't actually played a first team minute in the Premiership at the same age Ferguson is now.

They're also both under long term contracts so any fees for them can't be remotely compared.

Plus I thought this was a fee for his development, fact is if Swansea or someone like that had swooped in for him at the end of last season and signed him whilst under contract for about 300k noone would have batted an eye.

5 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

They're also both under long term contracts so any fees for them can't be remotely compared.

Plus I thought this was a fee for his development, fact is if Swansea or someone like that had swooped in for him at the end of last season and signed him whilst under contract for about 300k noone would have batted an eye.

That's irrelevant though as he didn't go cross border. The cases for domestic compensation have always really gone in favour of the selling club and I don't see how it will change here.

2 minutes ago, Thralo Rust said:

That's irrelevant though as he didn't go cross border. The cases for domestic compensation have always really gone in favour of the selling club and I don't see how it will change here.

What cases are those? And it could go 'in favour' of Accies but not at the fees you're claiming. You wouldn't have got anywhere near some of these sorts of fees even if he was still on a five year deal. Less than half a season playing at the bottom end of our premier league doesn't amount to that much sadly.

35 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

What cases are those? And it could go 'in favour' of Accies but not at the fees you're claiming. You wouldn't have got anywhere near some of these sorts of fees even if he was still on a five year deal. Less than half a season playing at the bottom end of our premier league doesn't amount to that much sadly.

If you go for Charlie Telfer - £205,000 for a player who moved at the same age as Ferguson, plays the same position and played just 22 minutes of League One football and played less internationally.

Every case in England where a player moves from an English club to another English club at a tribunal they've went for an initial fee and a sell on. Taiwo - ironically at Hamilton now - went for about £2.5m when he was only 16!

9 minutes ago, Thralo Rust said:

If you go for Charlie Telfer - £205,000 for a player who moved at the same age as Ferguson, plays the same position and played just 22 minutes of League One football and played less internationally.

Every case in England where a player moves from an English club to another English club they've went for an initial fee and a sell on. Taiwo - ironically at Hamilton now - went for about £2.5m when he was only 16!

It would be strange  using Telfer as an example. He had been at Rangers for 10 years before he moved. Ferguson had only been at accies 4 years. 

Its classed as a development fee. If they use that as an example, Hamilton would be due less than half of the £205k for telfer. 

5 minutes ago, Thralo Rust said:

Every case in England where a player moves from an English club to another English club they've went for an initial fee and a sell on. Taiwo - ironically at Hamilton now - went for about £2.5m when he was only 16!

That fee for Taiwo was settlement for Chelsea tapping him and another boy up and to stop them being taken to court.

Aye regarding Telfer United offered 50-100k and paid about 200 in the end. Also we can't ignore context that the team we're talking about him being at was Rangers. If he had been at a smaller team he likely would have played many more games. He was also at Rangers a lot longer than Ferguson was at Accies. Either way as I said before there's no way that a fee like 600k + which the club would never have got if he was sold under contract should be paid when he's out of contract. Not unless something has changed significantly without the club's being told.

Listen, I'm quite happy for Aberdeen to tuck an extra tenner into this Hamilton tarts knickers. She gave a good dance and I've been impressed so far by her efforts and flexibility .  However I'm not so pissed I'm going to pay her for a second dance just because she managed to get her feet up around her ears at Burnley. 

“It can’t be that we are the wee diddy club and we’re going to get done. “..... Les Grays closing statement at Hampden on Monday.

I appreciate his points and his broader concerns. But if Accies genuinely had really high hopes for Ferguson and valued him at >£1m then they would surely have had him on a longer contract. This exactly why the Dons fans were enraged with the mismanagement of Ryan Fraser’s departure.

Accies are pinning their hopes on a valuation of Ferguson’s potential rather than proven attributes. 5 months before he signed his pre-contract with AFC in May he couldn’t even get on the Accies bench and now he is worth £1.25m. That is a laughable leap.

Rightly or wrongly I think their claim looks really weak.

3 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

Hahahahahhahahaha.

And as if by magic, there we have it again.

Another follower of a Central Belt diddy club showing their true colours as their big club benefits from the corrupt officialdom in this country

6 hours ago, bpdon said:

“It can’t be that we are the wee diddy club and we’re going to get done. “..... Les Grays closing statement at Hampden on Monday.

I appreciate his points and his broader concerns. But if Accies genuinely had really high hopes for Ferguson and valued him at >£1m then they would surely have had him on a longer contract. This exactly why the Dons fans were enraged with the mismanagement of Ryan Fraser’s departure.

Accies are pinning their hopes on a valuation of Ferguson’s potential rather than proven attributes. 5 months before he signed his pre-contract with AFC in May he couldn’t even get on the Accies bench and now he is worth £1.25m. That is a laughable leap.

Rightly or wrongly I think their claim looks really weak.

What can they do if he turns the fucking contract down?  Ridiculous statement.

Archived