Lewis Ferguson

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Accies are playing an absolute blinder here. Fair fucks to them.

They know they're not due anything like £1.2m or even £900k for Ferguson but they also know that Aberdeen seem to be bricking it about going to tribunal. If it's true that they've kb'd a £400k offer then that's pretty much the maximum Aberdeen were willing to offer for Moult last summer (and was still nowhere near our valuation). That's for a player that they seemed to think they'd be getting for a nominal amount of less than £100k. Which is a LOL.

As it stands, if that £400k offer is true then Accies digging their heels in has seen Aberdeen more than quadruple their original offer. So no matter how you frame it, if he ends up going for anything like that then it's a win for Accies.

In fairness it'll also be funny if Accies overplay their hand and the tribunal calls them out for clearly being at it.

23 minutes ago, Reidzer 1314 said:

We are going to a tribunal to determine a fee for his DEVELOPMENT, not his transfer value. 

If Hamilton wanted 7 figures for the lad then they really shouldn't have let his contract run out... 

Very much this

What he has done since he signed is irrelevant and of no consequence to the debate. Not sure why people can't either see this or grasp the concept

26 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
32 minutes ago, shootingboots said:
Really don’t see how Hamilton can get anything like £1m. He was out of contract.  I know there is compensation to pay but what he has done at Aberdeen since signing should be irrelevant to this panel. 
Maybe they should start offering extneded deals to prospects and not find themsleves going down this route? 

They must have offered him an extended deal or the development fee wouldn't apply. He obviously turned the deal down.

Apparently, the deal was absolutely pathetic (relatively, I assume). 

10 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

They know they're not due anything like £1.2m or even £900k for Ferguson but they also know that Aberdeen seem to be bricking it about going to tribunal. If it's true that they've kb'd a £400k offer then that's pretty much the maximum Aberdeen were willing to offer for Moult last summer (and was still nowhere near our valuation). That's for a player that they seemed to think they'd be getting for a nominal amount of less than £100k. Which is a LOL.

As it stands, if that £400k offer is true then Accies digging their heels in has seen Aberdeen more than quadruple their original offer. So no matter how you frame it, if he ends up going for anything like that then it's a win for Accies.

In fairness it'll also be funny if Accies overplay their hand and the tribunal calls them out for clearly being at it.

Yeah, I don't believe for a second that the board think they should be getting £1m for him. 

19 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Your post is full of conjecture,supposition and utter bollocks.

19 hours ago, Buck Rodgers said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3068226/lewis-ferguson-hamilton-aberdeen-tribunal-club-philosophy-blow/

Hearing that Accies have knocked back a £400,000 bid from Aberdeen this week. I wonder if this latest bid and their lack of transfer activity shows the panic in the ranks there?

When you read more into it there's little wonder Aberdeen are trying to stop this going to the tribunal on 21st August. Ferguson is already a regular and is clearly miles ahead of Telfer who went for nearly over £200,000 in the only other similar case FOUR years ago. Even then Dundee United technically got him from a League One club where he wasn't even playing.

Surely the SFA are going to rule in favour of the club actually producing the player? They've spent years trying to convince clubs to invest heavily in their flagship Project Brave initiative. Now they've got the buy are they really going to rule in favour of giving away the top talent from one of their elite academies for next to nothing?  

Don't think there's any appeal so if this does go to a tribunal you'd have to think Aberdeen are in a bit of bother. 

Genuinely interested to hear thoughts here? For me, looks like it could be a costly misjudgement. I suppose, saying that, they could probably sell him for 7 figures down south tomorrow if they wanted.

That Sun article on the players they have picked is irrelevant to discussion as most of them wasn't out of contract.  The only examples I know of is Jack Grimmer, Fraser Fyvie and Ryan Fraser which all 3 of them was at the club from the age of 9 or 10 - think we got about £300,000 for all 3 but maybe it is different rules for players going to England compared to Scotland.

Rangers released Ferguson at 14 which Hamilton have taken on so really only 4 years development so I be surprised if the tribunal will have Aberdeen paying more than £300,000. 

I would be surprised if Accies have knocked back £400,000 but I don't think it will be panic in the ranks as I think Dave Cormack is still donating money to the club - there was rumours he was funding a new striker and may have done with James Wilson wages. We also have the AberDNA which has raised over £600,000 from the fans. 

Don't believe for one second that we have offered £400k for Ferguson.

There is just no logic to that whatsoever.

However we are only two games into season 2018/19 and we have already seen how corrupt The Strathclyde Football Association remains, so guess anything is possible.

Out of curiousity will it be disclosed who the individuals that will sit on this panel actually are ? 

Obviously in case this goes against us, there will be a requirement to know whom to direct the flak towards.

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Aberdeen fans becoming very 'Old Firmy' these days.

Sad.

What is this ?

No such thing since Rangers died six years ago.

Typical West of Scotland mentality to still believe they exist.

1 hour ago, Sheep62 said:

Don't believe for one second that we have offered £400k for Ferguson.

There is just no logic to that whatsoever.

However we are only two games into season 2018/19 and we have already seen how corrupt The Strathclyde Football Association remains, so guess anything is possible.

Out of curiousity will it be disclosed who the individuals that will sit on this panel actually are ? 

Obviously in case this goes against us, there will be a requirement to know whom to direct the flak towards.

It was in the Sun. It must be true.

Why don't Aberdeen just pay them the £1.2 million or whatever they want and then just call Hamilton a week or so later and claim to be from RBS and ask them to move £1.2 million into various accounts before taking the money back.

I know this may seem like a formula that wouldn't work but you never know........

Archived