Lewis Ferguson

3 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Isn't there a formula they use? Seems weird to leave it up to a subjective panel.

3 hours ago, HestonRovers said:

The formula is only for cross border. No formula exists for domestic cases like this one.

There is a formula but it is only for the development fee, not the compensation.  The development fee is payable whatever happens.

The tribunal sets the compensation if the clubs can't agree.

both don't get paid though, only the higher sum does. 

The telfer thing is only precedent if the facts are similar. There are a number of factors listed in the rules.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing is that surely they can't take into account his performances for Aberdeen since he signed. His development fee can only be based on his Hamilton performances and the investment they made in his development. If McInnes hadn't played him in the first 6 games I doubt we'd be talking about anywhere near the figures being thrown around.

Also I saw the Hamilton chairman suggesting a James Mccarthy type fee. Mccarthy played over 100 games for them, comparison is nonsense.

16 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

The thing is that surely they can't take into account his performances for Aberdeen since he signed. His development fee can only be based on his Hamilton performances and the investment they made in his development. If McInnes hadn't played him in the first 6 games I doubt we'd be talking about anywhere near the figures being thrown around.

Also I saw the Hamilton chairman suggesting a James Mccarthy type fee. Mccarthy played over 100 games for them, comparison is nonsense.

Absolutely spot on. The tribunal, obviously, can only take into account Ferguson’s time and performances at Hamilton. The fact that he has been pretty outstanding since arriving at Pittodrie has got no bearing whatsoever on any fee that Aberdeen will have to pay. If Hamilton do ask for the reported £1.2m, the fee will probably be reduced to lower than the tribunal would have awarded had Hamilton been sensible about this. 

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Absolutely spot on. The tribunal, obviously, can only take into account Ferguson’s time and performances at Hamilton. The fact that he has been pretty outstanding since arriving at Pittodrie has got no bearing whatsoever on any fee that Aberdeen will have to pay. If Hamilton do ask for the reported £1.2m, the fee will probably be reduced to lower than the tribunal would have awarded had Hamilton been sensible about this. 

I doubt very much that the fee will be reduced because Accies had the gall to ask for £1.2m. Will the fee be upped then owing to Aberdeens derisory offer?

I would not be surprised if the Dons had acquired the details of the Docherty transfer as part of our evidence.

Scratch an agent's back in return for a favour elsewhere. 

Also the Kenny McLean transfer (both from St Mirren and to Norwich), Charlie Telfer tribunal and anything else to help benchmark against.

Obviously our main piece of evidence will be the formula for if this was an international transfer which is presumably where the £110k comes from.

I would not be surprised if the Dons had acquired the details of the Docherty transfer as part of our evidence.

If Aberdeen want to give us the same as rangers 650k and 20% of the next sale for Ferguson I’m fine with that. That’s the only ‘evidence’ there.

18 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

If Aberdeen want to give us the same as rangers 650k and 20% of the next sale for Ferguson I’m fine with that. That’s the only ‘evidence’ there.

Docherty played 100 games, scored numerous goals and presumably went on a big wage.

Ferguson complete opposite

9 hours ago, d31 said:

Docherty played 100 games, scored numerous goals and presumably went on a big wage.

Ferguson complete opposite

Not to mention still with time remaining on his contract.

Ronald McDonald is seriously deluded here and clutching at straws

11 hours ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

I doubt very much that the fee will be reduced because Accies had the gall to ask for £1.2m. Will the fee be upped then owing to Aberdeens derisory offer?

If Hamilton ask for a reasonable a,punt and the panel considered that Aberdeen have made a derisory offer, then, yes, the panel would be higher.

7 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Hope Hamilton get the 1.2m

Yup. Aberdeen fans love acting Billy big bollocks on here, yet are fucking squirming at the thought of spending seven figures on a player. 

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yup. Aberdeen fans love acting Billy big bollocks on here, yet are fucking squirming at the thought of spending seven figures on a player. 

That’s a well thought out post.

Really don’t see how Hamilton can get anything like £1m. He was out of contract.  I know there is compensation to pay but what he has done at Aberdeen since signing should be irrelevant to this panel. 

Maybe they should start offering extneded deals to prospects and not find themsleves going down this route? 

1 minute ago, shootingboots said:

Really don’t see how Hamilton can get anything like £1m. He was out of contract.  I know there is compensation to pay but what he has done at Aberdeen since signing should be irrelevant to this panel. 

Maybe they should start offering extneded deals to prospects and not find themsleves going down this route? 

You’re talking about a set up that gave away £1m in a 30 second phone call.

4 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

^ forgetting the amount of tiny tears from Aberdeen fans when Ryan Fraser left.. 

They must have offered him an extended deal or the development fee wouldn't apply. He obviously turned the deal down.

Archived