Stenny Versus Airdrieonians

2 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Amazing how much better Stewart was at right-back with competent centre-backs beside him, unlike a couple of years ago. 

4 years of saying how shite Scott Stewart is, now he's much better because we have better centre backs?   

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Alessandro
2 hours ago, waysider said:

We were told that Airdrie fans were not to be allowed in the stand although some no doubt got in ‘in disguise”.

Absolute shite...you had dozens in the main stand

55 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

It may be absolute shite but a steward told me and numerous others that Airdrie fans weren’t allowed in the stand. Whether he was authorised to so so is another matter.

His reason was that too many Airdrie fans were expected.

And it was at this moment the Stenny jinx was broken. God bless Davie Hutton. Really encouraging to win after being down to 10 men for most of the game. That sort of battling performance is exactly what we want and need. Hopefully, we can push on from here now. That was some strike for Conroy's second after some good footwork from Victoria. I doubted the signings of Conroy and Victoria but they've really impressed so far. 

Apparently, Duffy went over his ankle (as had Wilkie in training this week) so he shouldn't be out for long or at all, I would think. Hopefully, both of them and Millar will be back in the squad next week. 

2 hours ago, waysider said:

It may be absolute shite but a steward told me and numerous others that Airdrie fans weren’t allowed in the stand. Whether he was authorised to so so is another matter.

His reason was that too many Airdrie fans were expected.

Arrived at 2.30 and was told by Airdrie fan with scarf/colours that he had been told "No away fans" in main stand; when I checked with a steward he said he had no idea about that : Airdrie directors were on way to stand for official "area" but we just accepted it and went to the terracing. I prefer watching from the side but it was worth it just to see Conroy's header at such close range. The other bizarre thing on the terracing is the enforcement of the "emergency walkway" by the over worked steward. I did see an Airdrie fan with his stick coming out from the stand area at the end so maybe you got in if you proved you needed a seat. As to the Red card I watched the clip and I can now see why the Ref gave it as he thinks it is a "clear goal scoring" chance. I was puzzled at the time as to why he needed to show a card twice and still remain a bit bemused? Different cards? Red twice? As to appeal I would not spend the money.

3 hours ago, Alessandro said:

I was certainly told Airdrie fans werent allowed in the stand by the steward outside the stand turnstile. I suggested we always were given some seating in the stand the response to that being ...

"Not today mate"

Can’t believe David Hutton came with such bad reviews from Arbroath fans etc. He’s been superb for the past two and a half games - hasn’t really put a foot wrong. At this rate Gallacher will struggle to get back in the side (if he recovers from injury this season).

I didn’t think it was a red card at the time and upon viewing the highlights I still don’t think it is. The other centre half is easily close enough to cover. I wonder how much it would cost to appeal?

Can’t believe David Hutton came with such bad reviews from Arbroath fans etc. He’s been superb for the past two and a half games - hasn’t really put a foot wrong. At this rate Gallacher will struggle to get back in the side (if he recovers from injury this season).

I didn’t think it was a red card at the time and upon viewing the highlights I still don’t think it is. The other centre half is easily close enough to cover. I wonder how much it would cost to appeal?
I'm sure its £1000 to appeal but if the appeal is successful then you get it back.

15 hours ago, weigh cider said:

I was certainly told Airdrie fans werent allowed in the stand by the steward outside the stand turnstile. I suggested we always were given some seating in the stand the response to that being ...

"Not today mate"

As a Stenhousemuir fan I can confirm that that was what was said as I was entering the ground. Thought that they cannot do that as they would normally direct away fans to sit at the far end of the stand but in any case there were some Airdrie fans in the stand.

Was refused entry to stand as was wearing colours no doubt some in plain attire got through. Sign above entrance clearly said Home Fans only.

Possibly a new policy from two seasons ago but would have said stand looked no more than 2/3rds possibly even half full. 

However upside was got a really close view on Conroys header & that save at the end.

Although we were far away felt Robertson played the ball and then Cook tripped over the leg from highlights unclear but what is clear that Page was covering so yellow at best.

Archived