Montrose v Brechin

3 minutes ago, Brummo said:

Patronising comment. If the original  comment was about the performance of the team on the day, then that should have been made clear. You seem to be Angus's version of  Clyde in terms of your opinion of your club's self-importance.

Of course it is about the performance on the day.  How else are we supposed to judge your team ?    What a strange statement. 

Patronising ????    Hmmm !   

17 hours ago, Brummo said:

Ha, ha, ha...

Here we are, just delighted to get promoted and the Brechiners are going into meltdown over a loss to us. Happy days!

_101980608_mediaitem101980605.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Of course it is about the performance on the day.  How else are we supposed to judge your team ?    What a strange statement. 

Patronising ????    Hmmm !   

Sense of humour deficit methinks!

There are many ways to evaluate a team, so it isn't a strange comment.  The poor team comment came across as arrogant in my opinion. You are entitled to yours.

Incidentally, for reference, here is a patronising comment.

Stupid-Boy.jpg

3 minutes ago, Brummo said:

Sense of humour deficit methinks!

There are many ways to evaluate a team, so it isn't a strange comment.  The poor team comment came across as arrogant in my opinion. You are entitled to yours.

Aye .  Ok min . :lol: :rolleyes:

Enjoy your season .   Don't let the b*****ds get you down. 

You see it's this that I take exception to. While you are entitled to your opinion, this comes across as arrogant, from a supporter of a time that were frankly a laughing stock last season.

Our horror season taking place two tiers above the SPFL basement that you were doing well in for once. Swing and a miss, etc etc.

It remains to be seen if Petrie will be able to achieve success with a team, minus scorers of 30 goals last season, with the loss of Templeman, Milne and Ballantyne but I would certainly contest your opinion that we are a "pretty poor team". 

Although my initial comment did relate to the performances on the day (like the OH picked up on without the need for spoon feeding), in addition to the issues that you highlight yourself regarding an unproven team, the past three weeks have seen you hang on against our shambles of an outfit, suffered a 4-0 humping in your first proper derby (against a team that'll be no more than playoff contenders) and scraped past a Highland League side on penalties.

Unless there's improvement on the initial overall record then you'll be fighting it out in the bottom half of this league, as would be expected from the new team up anyway, and we need to be beating these teams if we want to avoid the drop. Interesting how a passing criticism of your best team in years can induce a string of tear stained posts though.

As for the Clyde comparison, nobody here has suggested that we have a given right to be anywhere, plus our spell of superiority has been recent. Very, very recent and very long running. At least you're not letting it bother you though.

44 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Our horror season taking place two tiers above the SPFL basement that you were doing well in for once. Swing and a miss, etc etc.

Although my initial comment did relate to the performances on the day (like the OH picked up on without the need for spoon feeding), in addition to the issues that you highlight yourself regarding an unproven team, the past three weeks have seen you hang on against our shambles of an outfit, suffered a 4-0 humping in your first proper derby (against a team that'll be no more than playoff contenders) and scraped past a Highland League side on penalties.

Unless there's improvement on the initial overall record then you'll be fighting it out in the bottom half of this league, as would be expected from the new team up anyway, and we need to be beating these teams if we want to avoid the drop. Interesting how a passing criticism of your best team in years can induce a string of tear stained posts though.

As for the Clyde comparison, nobody here has suggested that we have a given right to be anywhere, plus our spell of superiority has been recent. Very, very recent and very long running. At least you're not letting it bother you though.

You've gone full virginton there mate.

You forgot about the 1-0 away win at Airdrie after the Arbroath game and before the Cove rangers tie just thought I'd point that out.

59 minutes ago, mo83 said:
9 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

You forgot about the 1-0 away win at Airdrie after the Arbroath game and before the Cove rangers tie just thought I'd point that out.

Exactly why I said 'overall record'.  ;)

1 hour ago, mo83 said:
1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:
Exactly why I said 'overall record'.  emoji6.png

Not a bad start to the season then for Montrose?

Brilliant start for Montrose beating a team with 1 win in 40 and a highland league team 

1 hour ago, mo83 said:
1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:
Exactly why I said 'overall record'.  emoji6.png

Not a bad start to the season then for Montrose?

Indeed. If Montrose finish in the top half then you'll have my full admiration. 

With the evidence on show though, I doubt we'll finish 3rd & 7th respectively (although I'd bite your hand off for 7th just now). 

It's just surprising that being called poor after a poor performance combined with a final bottom half of the table prediction for the newly promoted team is enough to send the dynamo into proper knicker wetting mode. 

Hedgecutter even having a go at Arbroath in his rant. [emoji23]

Montrose are off to a good start, 6 points from 9 is good in anyone’s book. The league will be tough but there are no standouts if they can beat Airdrie away from home they can beat anyone. Wouldn’t say it’s a stick on they’ll be bottom half.

Also who cares about the fizzy pop cup, Cove are decent too for what it’s worth.

The only bad thing that’s happened this season is a pumping from ‘no more than promotion play off contenders’ Arbroath, but we’ve done that to a very good Ross County team and Stranraer too.

Archived