Montrose v Brechin

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be nice to take a decent support but sadly Dods negative tactics have killed the appeal of the team. Performance wise last Saturday was our best display off attacking for ages a vast improvment. I would nt read too much into Tuesdays game .

Having seen Montrose v Arbroath and after seeing us last week I d fancy our chances but you guys had a great result at Airdrie so hard too call. 

Looking forward to this fixture which has thrown up great games in years gone by ... Used to love watching guy s like Gary Murray , Innes Mcdonald,  Chic Mclleland , Ivo Den Bieman,  battling against our lads . 

Be nice to take a decent support but sadly Dods negative tactics have killed the appeal of the team. Performance wise last Saturday was our best display off attacking for ages a vast improvment. I would nt read too much into Tuesdays game .
Having seen Montrose v Arbroath and after seeing us last week I d fancy our chances but you guys had a great result at Airdrie so hard too call. 
Looking forward to this fixture which has thrown up great games in years gone by ... Used to love watching guy s like Gary Murray , Innes Mcdonald,  Chic Mclleland , Ivo Den Bieman,  battling against our lads . 
From the people I've spoken to in Brechin you'll be bringing through a good amount of boys who don't even bother going to the glebe.

Doubt we will take much of a support tbh. Other than last week the football has been absolute dire and driving fans away.

Im looking forward to it though. Its been an age since we last played Mo.
You'll probably bring more fans to this game than you do to home games.

Doubt we will take much of a support tbh. Other than last week the football has been absolute dire and driving fans away.

Im looking forward to it though. Its been an age since we last played Mo.

I think we'll have a good support tomorrow. As you said, it's been an age and has been the talk of the town all summer. Roll on tomorrow and MON THE HEDGE [emoji1038].

If the popularity of the latest  Angus derbies video is anything to go by we will be the best attended fixture of the SPFL ............Over 64000 people have watched the video on various social network sites and about half that have liked and shared it .  All credit to Corrie Robb who created and produced it . A real creative young graphics designer with a great future ahead of him .  

Just hope these derbies live up to the standards of the video. 

Echo the above about the Derbies video and the new look website , fantastic job guys.  I would have thought this thread would have been red hot considering that we havent faced each other in a league game for so long. This for me anyway is THE angus derby i look forward to the most . The other derbies are ok but this is the big one for me . Now i understand that for Montrose fans the Arbroath games probs mean more . Thats fine .  Maybe its because we are the closest in miles to each other or , more likely its because this was my first ever Brechin game . Ian Fleming  was boss and i think it was 1982 /83 season at the Glebe . Brechin 3 Montrose 1 .  Our Championship winning season . My dad took me .  After that i was hooked.  Thank ypu for allowing me a wee trip down memory lane there .  Tomorrows game .....i fancied our chances until i found out  Montrose had defeated Airdrie. I reckon a 1-1 draw would be a decent result for us . Cant wait.....

We re maybe the smallest team in Angus but title wise we lead the way GET IT UP YA .

My attempt at fighting talk . My earliest memory at Links is pinky Campbell racing into the box and 2 Montrose defenders sandwiching for a penalty we went on to win 4 1 that day .

I used to goto Montrose a lot when City were away .I know a lot of they re die hard fans and was delighted for them winning the league . 

We were brutal for 20mins but after that we competed well, should have went in at half time 2-2 as I’ve no idea how sinclare misses that chance, there was nothing between the teams and their where some meaty challenges! I enjoyed the gam (not the result) , but no one could have argued if either team won by a goal or drew, well done Montrose 

3 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

Hungrier team won . No complaints Boris and Connor only 2 too get pass marks . Smithy making it easy for ref blatantly pushed Montrose forward.Nothing on bench am fair seek 

Dougie Hill was decent too, other than that agree.  Dods has to go. Otherwise where do brechin go from here?

Archived