St Johnstone vs. Dees, Saturday 25th August.

22 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

The Saints FB page had the classic last match of the season from 1999 on yesterday.  We had to win to finish third and qualify for Europe for the first time in about 27 years or so. Save of the season from Alan Main kept it at 0-0.

It's still McDiarmid Park's record attendance at 10545 I think, with about 8700 Saints fans there and a packed away stand. Watching the video, the camera pans to outside the corner of the ground and there are hundreds on the banking locked out trying to get a view of the game.  Happy days!

We never got in, had to rely on ceefax updates in the 208.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

The Saints FB page had the classic last match of the season from 1999 on yesterday.  We had to win to finish third and qualify for Europe for the first time in about 27 years or so. Save of the season from Alan Main kept it at 0-0.

It's still McDiarmid Park's record attendance at 10545 I think, with about 8700 Saints fans there and a packed away stand. Watching the video, the camera pans to outside the corner of the ground and there are hundreds on the banking locked out trying to get a view of the game.  Happy days!

What a game that was. I was in the Ormond and got a great view of the winner.

19 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

We never got in, had to rely on ceefax updates in the 208.

That's a nightmare! Make sure you get there early this Saturday to avoid similar disappointment... :wacko:

I remember when we got our football news off ceefax.. page 302 on the BBC I think?  Originally it would scroll through about 20 pages and you never quite had enough time to finish reading the article, or see all the scores for that league, and have to wait ages for it to come round again.  But then they brought out the HOLD button... what a fucking magnificent piece of technology that was, right up there with the wheel and electricity in terms of impact on the human race.

You’re still not counting qualifying rounds as Europe are you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scottish football’s still counting the cost of your shite teams getting in the qualifying rounds. Pub team. 

McCann to be sacked if we don’t pump this shower on Saturday. 

13 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Saintees to make more money from the funeral teas this week  than from the home crowd on Saturday and will be bottom of the league come Sunday night. 

Eh,yeah right I really wish I supported a team with Dundee's  affluence.OK they are hemorrhaging money, had to have a fire sale in January to stay afloat,and rent their ground from an Arab...

33 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

You’re still not counting qualifying rounds as Europe are you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scottish football’s still counting the cost of your shite teams getting in the qualifying rounds. Pub team. 

McCann to be sacked if we don’t pump this shower on Saturday. 

Yeah and what was your idea of a big cup tie in another country at that time then ? 

Drawing Berwick away in the Challange cup  :thumsup2

14 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Yeah and what was your idea of a big cup tie in another country at that time then ? 

Drawing Berwick away in the Challange cup  :thumsup2

Challange. Oft. 

19 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Eh,yeah right I really wish I supported a team with Dundee's  affluence.OK they are hemorrhaging money, had to have a fire sale in January to stay afloat,and rent their ground from an Arab...

Lies

16 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I’d say a UEFA Cup 1st round tie or Europa League Group stage game depending on the years, what was your idea?

What shite pumped the wee Saintees in the qualifying round anyway? 

53 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Sorry to our Tayside brothers, talking about European football in a thread involving Dundee is wildly off topic. Apologies. X

Now come on Ali, Dundee have also participated in a type of European competition during the colour tv era...

Take a bow Scotland's 2001 Intertoto Cup representatives, Dundee FC.

* The UEFA Intertoto Cup, also abbreviated as UI Cup and originally called the International Football Cup was a summer football competition for European clubs that had not qualified for one of the major UEFA competitions, the Champions League, the UEFA Cup and until 1999, the Cup Winners' Cup.

Papped out 5-2 in the first round of a cup nobody else wanted to play in by a team nobody's heard of.

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Now come on Ali, Dundee have also participated in a type of European competition during the colour tv era...

Take a bow Scotland's 2001 Intertoto Cup representatives, Dundee FC.

* The UEFA Intertoto Cup, also abbreviated as UI Cup and originally called the International Football Cup was a summer football competition for European clubs that had not qualified for one of the major UEFA competitions, the Champions League, the UEFA Cup and until 1999, the Cup Winners' Cup.

Papped out 5-2 in the first round of a cup nobody else wanted to play in by a team nobody's heard of.

That’s probably took you half an hour to research that and type it out and yer wrong. 

Archived