St Johnstone vs. Dees, Saturday 25th August.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Concede sloppy goal with defender being caught, create nothing, Moussa misses a sitter. 

Any reporters reading this? Just copy and paste for Dundee games, job done.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Kyle said:

Imagine losing to (and being bossed by) a midfield of Alston and Craig btw :lol: 

Oooooffttt!!!!! 

Now that is a low blow..!!! 

Meh!!! :lol: 

7 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.png

That made me laugh at least

Tbf Alston played central in a 4-4-2 against Forfar and got run absolutely fucking ragged, to the point he was moved out there after half an hour and hasn't played that role since, whilst Craig can barely run and has one foot. 

Any midfield should've run over them. 

7 minutes ago, The Master said:

So predictable. 

Dominate the first half, don’t score, fall out of it in the second and end up losing. 

It’s almost as if the players now expect it to happen. 

We fall out of the second half on a regular basis because opposition managers change things.  McCann doesn’t have the ability to see and / or match these changes. 

For all the talk of our central midfield problems, Liam Craig has been brilliant the last two home games - especially today. Gave away a lot of possession with the formation but Wright will feel vindicated with how dangerous we looked when we did win it back. Dominated the middle third of the game and only disappointed didn't kill the game in the period. Dundee's number 10 summed them up- lots of little flicks and touches with no end product.

Watt was excellent again- extended contract please.

2 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

For all the talk of our central midfield problems, Liam Craig has been brilliant the last two home games - especially today. Gave away a lot of possession with the formation but Wright will feel vindicated with how dangerous we looked when we did win it back. Dominated the middle third of the game and only disappointed didn't kill the game in the period. Dundee's number 10 summed them up- lots of little flicks and touches with no end product.

Yup Craig was superb. I worried when Millar and MacLean left we'd lack a "general" as Anderson and Davidson aren't that type of player, Craig's really stepped up though. Battles for everything, keeps the players around him right, and always knows where to be.

For all that Dundee have better players than him, they don't have anyone similar, McGowan seems to have turned into a bit of a nothing player under McCann. 

Nice flicks and tricks is our specialty.
Looks nice but produces absolutely f**k all else.

Craig should be our captain. As much as I like shaughnessy as a player he isn’t vocal enough and I question whether he’s a leader too. Craig is. 

Whilst we still need that central player to finish off the squad, Craig has really stepped up the last few games. Another outstanding display. 

Just now, ali_91 said:

I think until the last couple of weeks you’d be hard pressed to find many St Johnstone fans who would have thought he’d be a regular starter though tbf. 

I think most saints fans would pose the same question about Shaughnessy given the early season form of the other 3 centre halves. He’s in possession of the armband and I wouldn’t strip him of it right now, but I think we should be utilising Craig’s leadership abilities better than we currently do. 

6 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I think most saints fans would pose the same question about Shaughnessy given the early season form of the other 3 centre halves. He’s in possession of the armband and I wouldn’t strip him of it right now, but I think we should be utilising Craig’s leadership abilities better than we currently do. 

Would handing him the armband make any difference? 

As in folk probably look at him as a leader and he dictates things anyway, being named captain wouldnt really improve his influence or that. 

Archived