St Johnstone vs. Dees, Saturday 25th August.

22 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Kamara should come back in unless he's had a leg amputated and Kusunga's suspension paves the way for Caulker.

Wouldn't be surprised to see McGowan and Cammy on the bench. McGowan's been nowhere near his best lately anyway.

McGowan hasn't been good but I think even a poor McGowan is still a big miss. We saw last week him not in the midfield and the team without him lacked any sort of directness and seemed a timid bunch. I think when we've got a bunch of guys who are all culturally quite different and not really played at this sort of level too, it's quite difficult to justify not playing him tbh.

Think Cammy will come in due to Curran being an obvious defensive weak link on Saturday and being targeted (in the second half, they brought Michael Moffat over to challenge him with long balls in this area and it led to the first goal). Doesn't necessarily need to be at the expense of Curran (could go behind him) but if we don't do something there, we know where every long ball is going to be headed.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Daydream said:

NM doesn’t even know who’s playing yet. The tombola comes out about 130 on match day.

I reckon today’s tombola will produce 5 changes from last week’s starting 11. Kerr, Caulker, Kamara, McGowan and Källman to all come in. Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a 6th in Moussa tbh. 

19 minutes ago, The Derry Steps said:

Parish

Kerr Caulker Meekings Ralph

Kamara Madianga

Curran Elton Nabi

Kallman 

Cammy to channel his inner Lee Cattermole and blooter some Perth bumpkin over the stands and into the middle of the Broxden roundabout.  

The last time lee cattermole played at McDiarmid, about 15 months ago, he left with his tail firmly between his legs, mumbling something about "like playing Brazil"

13 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Would it not be quicker if I just drive through Perth and park somewhere in Letham?

4 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Didn’t know you were allowed out of the house.

Come off at Broxden and head as if going to the services. Turn left at the services roundabout and follow that road around, right and the next roundabout and left at the one after that. Follow that road straight on and you’ll end up on Newhouse Road with the ground at the bottom of the hill.

I'd absolutely recommend doing that. Leave via that route too. Avoids the faff with the a9 completely. 

Cammy Kerr will certainly know plenty about Saints. He's been in the away end at more of our games this season than a lot of our own fans. Must be a guy that just likes watching football/his pals play. Was sitting with the away support at Montrose and again at Tannadice.

I would have guessed at the six changes mentioned above. As @PauloPerth says, McCann has invariably got it right, tombola or not, against Saints.

I really don't think we'll see the same traffic issues today now they actually have a plan. I would just follow the instructions and you'll be back over the Friarton Bridge by 5:00pm, if headed to and from Dundee.

Plus we need the £5 with the funeral tea trade quite slow just now.

12 minutes ago, Radford said:

I really don't think we'll see the same traffic issues today now they actually have a plan. I would just follow the instructions and you'll be back over the Friarton Bridge by 5:00pm, if headed to and from Dundee.

Plus we need the £5 with the funeral tea trade quite slow just now.

Yes think Broon will be hoping for another hard winter.

Good luck to the Dees today. I await announcement of one of NM’s rather ‘Funky’ line ups.

Tam - I’ll see you later for those 20 pints you owe me.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hamilton

Curran
Caulker
Meekings
Ralph

Madianga
Kamara
McGowan
Nabi

Mendy
Kallman

Bit harsh on Ngwatala but like the look of that team otherwise.

Diamond midfield? 

As strong and attacking as we can go really. 

Looks like it's got potential to be end to end, we got a cracking spectacle like that v Hibs, same again would be braw. 

Just now, johnnydun said:

Would of rather seen Parish in.

Indeed, there's not been a game where Hamilton hasn't looked like a calamity waiting to happen. McCann will live or die by his decision to stick with Hamilton IMO.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Diamond midfield? 

More likely to be Madianga on one side with Nabi on the other. Madianga has been very effective playing wide, but not sure how Nabi will be. It's certainly a narrow formation, but not quite diamond midfield narrow.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Indeed, there's not been a game where Hamilton hasn't looked like a calamity waiting to happen. McCann will live or die by his decision to stick with Hamilton IMO.

Yeah, apart from Hamilton, I think this is the line up we have all been asking for.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hamilton

Curran
Caulker
Meekings
Ralph

Madianga
Kamara
McGowan
Nabi

Mendy
Kallman

Bit harsh on Ngwatala but like the look of that team otherwise.

Not sue how the midield will line up, but its the best side we have had this season.

Cmon Dundee!!

Archived