St Johnstone vs. Dees, Saturday 25th August.

DlgS20oXsAA3-02.jpeg.0bfa591aeb67ca9e131df5670b53424f.jpeg

:lol: can everyone send this to any Dundee fan seething about Watt being offside for the goal pls? I know there's a couple of them out there. 

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

:lol: can everyone send this to any Dundee fan seething about Watt being offside for the goal pls? I know there's a couple of them out there. 

Any chance you can send it to Moussa to show him how a striker is supposed to time his runs!

11 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Any chance you can send it to Moussa to show him how a striker is supposed to time his runs!

Would it matter if he timed his runs better? He'd still miss the chance. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

What the f**k is that defending all about?

Josh Meekings. A player labelled on here as the best CH in the league outside Celtic whilst at Inverness. He's turned into an absolute liability. 

O'Dea is considerably better and he looked finished last season. 

[emoji38] can everyone send this to any Dundee fan seething about Watt being offside for the goal pls? I know there's a couple of them out there. 
Shite defending but watt still had to the business and he was clinical when it counted.

My only seething will be directed at our forwards who don't know what clinical means and for mcCunt for performances/results.

Unfortunately we are stuck with him as our American owners won't fire his arse.

Definitely speak to Watt about a contract extension now. He is a class act, and it is genuinely hard to think of many better strikers in this league just now.

Agree with comments about Liam Craig, he came onto a game and was outstanding. I thought the first half was very open and entertaining.. Dundee had a lot of possession, but we always looked a threat going forward and created the better chances.

After we pushed our wide players and Watt onto their defenders at goal kicks, Dundee had absolutely no plan b as they stopped getting as much comfortable possession. The second half was strange, Saints were so comfortable and it was as if Dundee gave up really early, they were so devoid of ideas.

Thought Kerr looked excellent, and Kennedy had a good game and was constantly involved, though his delivery into the box was very poor.

Don't think that was the right position for McMillan, would have preferred Scougall starting there if we're playing 1 up 1 off in attack.

@Jamie_Beatson catching up on here now, just posted exactly the same on WAP about seeing more entertaining football at McDiarmid this season already than I did all last season. 

As an outsider watching Dundee, I actually think you've got a fair few very good players. That group with better organisation and the likes of a Tony Watt up front and you'd definitely be pushing top six in my opinion.

McCann must have some decent contacts to get players in, you wonder if he'd be better suited to a DOF type role.

Finding quality strikers at our level is hard, Watt is the best we've had since Stevie May and we'll do well to get more than one season out of him sadly.  You'd think a player like Shankland would be well worth an improved bid for Dundee, depending on whether Ayr are looking for silly money.

Just now, PauloPerth said:

As an outsider watching Dundee, I actually think you've got a fair few very good players. That group with better organisation and the likes of a Tony Watt up front and you'd definitely be pushing top six in my opinion.

McCann must have some decent contacts to get players in, you wonder if he'd be better suited to a DOF type role.

Finding quality strikers at our level is hard, Watt is the best we've had since Stevie May and we'll do well to get more than one season out of him sadly.  You'd think a player like Shankland would be well worth an improved bid for Dundee, depending on whether Ayr are looking for silly money.

Why would Shankland go to Dundee, the boy is far more ambitious than that and I for one hope he's rewarded handsomely for it next summer.

6 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Why would Shankland go to Dundee, the boy is far more ambitious than that and I for one hope he's rewarded handsomely for it next summer.

Because the top flight of Scottish football is a considerably bigger platform to play on and move on to the next level. It'd be a no brainer. Playing for Ayr, the only clubs down South that have been willing to take a punt on him have been the likes of Fylde.

Just now, PauloPerth said:

He's 23 and completely unproven at Premiership level.

I'm 52 and I've a fair idea whether he's a player or not, give him the chances and he'll score up there as well.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Because the top flight of Scottish football is a considerably bigger platform to play on and move on to the next level. It'd be a no brainer. Playing for Ayr, the only clubs down South that have been willing to take a punt on him have been the likes of Fylde.

No harm to Dundee but you're 2 or 3 players short of providing Shankland with a decent platform to strut his stuff.

7 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

No harm to Dundee but you're 2 or 3 players short of providing Shankland with a decent platform to strut his stuff.

Our creative qualities are probably one of the few things we have going for us right now. Yesterday and last week being the exception.

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

Lol what has your age got to do with anything?

Ah so older you are means you know who is better ?

LOL

No, it means I've watched lots of players to judge Shankland against, if that boy can't score and compete at the top of the Scottish game I'll be flabbergasted, take his goals away and I still rate him, those not watching him every week will only concentrate on how many goals he's scoring.

7 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I'm 52 and I've a fair idea whether he's a player or not, give him the chances and he'll score up there as well.

We all like to champion the cause of our own team's players, and I'm not saying he won't score in the Premiership, I've not seen enough of him to say, but the fact is he's never done it so far.

If he was 17 and at his first club scoring at championship level, then yes I could see some big clubs maybe being interested.

A move to an average Premiership club is exactly the right step for him, and probably the likeliest.  If he produces at that level then you could be looking at a few bigger teams being interested.

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

We all like to champion the cause of our own team's players, and I'm not saying he won't score in the Premiership, I've not seen enough of him to say, but the fact is he's never done it so far.

If he was 17 and at his first club scoring at championship level, then yes I could see some big clubs maybe being interested.

A move to an average Premiership club is exactly the right step for him, and probably the likeliest.  If he produces at that level then you could be looking at a few bigger teams being interested.

That's absolutely spot on. Dundee and probably St Johnstone have been victims of this in the past when we were in the First Division. GGH leaving us for Killie springs to mind. It's an absolute sore one, but the player will always make the jump up if they think they'll get regular football at a higher platform to advance their career.

Archived