St Johnstone vs. Dees, Saturday 25th August.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I shall be attending this game,I hope to see a good Dundee support who will join with me in verbally abusing the wee st Johnstone ultras(fannies) for 90mins.

Are there any!?

4BFD846F-4711-4DA1-B8E0-5AB96FE99EE3-5601-000004B419ABF8B6.jpg

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dundee fans driving down should read this.. 

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/traffic-update-supporters

That's not a lot of space for away fans car?

What happens when that fills up?

Also the fact they have to go around the Inveralmond "circle" will add a bit on to travel time

The best bit of advice for Dundee fans is set off early. 

All the talks been about our lack of goals, which is obvious but the defence, or lack of it gives me the fear! If saints play with wide men and go for It from the off i can see us losing heavily. The back line will be nervous wrecks after that display last week 

All the talks been about our lack of goals, which is obvious but the defence, or lack of it gives me the fear! If saints play with wide men and go for It from the off i can see us losing heavily. The back line will be nervous wrecks after that display last week 

We’ll definitely play with two wingers, both of whom are naturally attacking, whether we go for it is another matter, but it’s not in their nature to stay back.

2 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Would it not be quicker if I just drive through Perth and park somewhere in Letham?

I'd have thought so. I'm totally oblivious to traffic on matchdays tbh, I live a two minute walk from the ground. 

Would it not be quicker if I just drive through Perth and park somewhere in Letham?

Didn’t know you were allowed out of the house.

Come off at Broxden and head as if going to the services. Turn left at the services roundabout and follow that road around, right and the next roundabout and left at the one after that. Follow that road straight on and you’ll end up on Newhouse Road with the ground at the bottom of the hill.

50 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

So last week chucked the Dundee scarf in the cupboard in disgust muttering obsenities etc.

One of my favourite moments at McDiarmid is seeing the Dayglos throwing their scarfs on the pitch during and after another pumping. 

Make it happen Kev, make it happen.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

One of my favourite moments at McDiarmid is seeing the Dayglos throwing their scarfs on the pitch during and after another pumping. 

Make it happen Kev, make it happen.

United fans giving it laldy after going 1-0 up against ten men was fun. An hour later we'd just beaten them despite being a man down, the stands were near empty, TW was laughing in McNamaras face and Steven Thompson was sitting at a table in the physios room with a P45. 

Is Neil McCann intending on playing his best players this week? I'd be delighted to see Caulker, McGowan, Kamara and Kerr not starting again. Clearly can't argue with the folk that watch him every week but if Moussa was left out again, I'd be pleased; he's always looked alright against us.

I'm expecting five or six changes (for the better) to the team that lost to Ayr and the feedback from the first two league performances were positive.

Other than the manager getting it wrong at Killie, been happy with how Saints are progressing but then we were playing well when we went to Dens Park about this time last year and just didn't turn up at all. Team have let themselves down against Dundee quite a few times in recent years.

We need a big performance from Murray Davidson if McGowan and Kamara are back in but the hope this season is we have the attacking players to both get back into games if we go behind at home (a big issue last season) and to also cause damage even if we aren't seeing a lot of the ball.

Is Neil McCann intending on playing his best players this week? I'd be delighted to see Caulker, McGowan, Kamara and Kerr not starting again. Clearly can't argue with the folk that watch him every week but if Moussa was left out again, I'd be pleased; he's always looked alright against us.
I'm expecting five or six changes (for the better) to the team that lost to Ayr and the feedback from the first two league performances were positive.
Other than the manager getting it wrong at Killie, been happy with how Saints are progressing but then we were playing well when we went to Dens Park about this time last year and just didn't turn up at all. Team have let themselves down against Dundee quite a few times in recent years.
We need a big performance from Murray Davidson if McGowan and Kamara are back in but the hope this season is we have the attacking players to both get back into games if we go behind at home (a big issue last season) and to also cause damage even if we aren't seeing a lot of the ball.

NM doesn’t even know who’s playing yet. The tombola comes out about 130 on match day.

34 minutes ago, Daydream said:

NM doesn’t even know who’s playing yet. The tombola comes out about 130 on match day.

It usually does him alright against us though, as Radford says we've often struggled (especially in midfield) against Dundee since you came back up. That 4 (four) 0 (f**k all) game last season, there were no Kamara or McGowan who both usually play well against us.

Kamara should come back in unless he's had a leg amputated and Kusunga's suspension paves the way for Caulker.

Wouldn't be surprised to see McGowan and Cammy on the bench. McGowan's been nowhere near his best lately anyway.

Archived