St Johnstone vs. Dees, Saturday 25th August.

Even though results/performances have been mince I still expect a good Dundee following for this.

I'll happily take a point right now to get us going if we do get beat I hope McCann has ear plugs as he'll fucking need them.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

At least you agree you'll get pumped by Taysides number one. Couldn't give a f**k what anyone thinks of oor Tommy, it could be a lot worse,  like McCann or Hartley or Bomber or Smith etc etc etc we could be here all day.

The more times they mock TW, the easier it is to see beyond their mask. Utter jealousy we've got a consistent manager who provides success and passion, while they dodge about hiring idealistic failures. 

Realistically, this is a massive game for both managers. McCann is under considerable pressure as is and St Johnstone have a run of Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic and Hearts in 4 of the 5 games that follow this one which could lead to the fat grass being under considerable pressure too. Must win or must not lose for both sides.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Realistically, this is a massive game for both managers. McCann is under considerable pressure as is and St Johnstone have a run of Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic and Hearts in 4 of the 5 games that follow this one which could lead to the fat grass being under considerable pressure too. Must win or must not lose for both sides.

Tommy Wrights job won't be "under pressure" if we fail to win any of those games :lol:

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Tommy Wrights job won't be "under pressure" if we fail to win any of those games :lol:

If you're on 1 point after 8 games going into mid-October, he certainly will be under pressure. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

If you're on 1 point after 8 games going into mid-October, he certainly will be under pressure. :lol:

I honestly doubt it. He's gone three months without a win and not been under serious pressure. Sure, one or two will moan, but the majority understand that sequence of games is a nightmare. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I honestly doubt it. He's gone three months without a win and not been under serious pressure. Sure, one or two will moan, but the majority understand that sequence of games is a nightmare. 

I suppose it depends how the rest of the league performs. If you're 1-2 points behind the 'pack' that tends to form then he'll get more leeway than say if it's 5-6 points.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I suppose it depends how the rest of the league performs. If you're 1-2 points behind the 'pack' that tends to form then he'll get more leeway than say if it's 5-6 points.

It's doesn't. Tommy Wright won't be under any real pressure this early in a season. 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's doesn't. Tommy Wright won't be under any real pressure this early in a season. 

If it comes to pass (I don't think it will, I reckon you'll beat us for a start) then your support would be just as erratic with Wright as all other supports are with their respective managers.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

If it comes to pass (I don't think it will, I reckon you'll beat us for a start) then your support would be just as erratic with Wright as all other supports are with their respective managers.

Some would, a lot did during that horrendous run, myself included, but he won't be under any threat of the sack. 

He's a literal legend at the club and has years upon years of success, a lot coming after failures, with us. There's not a single manager we could even dream of affording who'd be better. 

4 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I'm sure I read somewhere Watt was training with McPake during the summer ( or a at least a wee bit of it) just makes me wonder why we didn't go for him ?

He trained with Aberdeen for months, and your youths when your senior team was abroad. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

We lost 5 out of 6 at the start a few seasons ago, were bottom of the league and a few Dees were creaming themselves.

We finished 3rd and got Europe.

St Johnstone don't do knickerwetting like some other clubs.

5 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I'm sure I read somewhere Watt was training with McPake during the summer ( or a at least a wee bit of it) just makes me wonder why we didn't go for him ?

He helped out with the youths for a week. I'd have been disappointed at the time had we signed him tbh. I don't know if he is genuinely turning his career round or having a David Clarkson style renaissance, but obviously I'd bite one's hand off for him at present.

59 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Well no, Tommy Wright has far more goodwill in the bank than any other manager in the league, it would take more than sitting bottom in October after playing all of last years top six after seven games for him to have any pressure on his position. 

We'll see if it does occur that you're stranded at the bottom. I'd put money on you being the first to cry for Tommy out, mainly because you're a fucking zoomer tbh.

We lost 5 out of 6 at the start a few seasons ago, were bottom of the league and a few Dees were creaming themselves.
We finished 3rd and got Europe.
St Johnstone don't do knickerwetting like some other clubs.
And that was under Lomas!

Archived