Wednesday 22nd August fixtures postponed

auldashy21

14 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

No point announcing fixtures in advance if they are going to be cancelled en masse with seven days notice.

Exactly and kennie has failed to even reach 4 league fixtures in his new half season fixture list Without a farce. Poor and embarrassing show from new fixtures man .......

^^^ Kennie only supplied what the loudest moaners wanted. And now more moaning has caused postponements of fixtures with early evening kickoffs in August which will probably be fulfilled by early evening kickoffs in May. Someone else on here said Kennie should stop trying to keep everyone happy as it's impossible. My only real complaint is the uncertainty of previous seasons had not been adequately addressed.

30 minutes ago, Gartcairn Army said:

Lads calm down, At least the fixtures are out and there is a good reason why this 1 midweek fixture has to be re scheduled.

Move on

Tell that to those who had arranged buses:

Lok and meadow both free on sat 1st sept .  are we playing each other.   no .   The reason. We are playing each other 2 weeks later   bloody farce bigger crowd on a sat & less chance of a backlog . So does that mean no teams can play each other it another fixture is forthcoming.

Better not draw your forthcoming league team in a cup then

Hopefully last season in the juniors bring on a west pyramid.  iMO

I’m on the outside looking in (don’t follow a particular team and just watch the juniors when it suits) but I’m an avid follower of this forum and junior news and I too think the new fixtures guy is getting a bit too much of a hard time.

Let’s give him at least a year and see if he can reduce the end of season back log, if he can do that then he will be reasonably successful.

Lok and meadow both free on sat 1st sept .  are we playing each other.   no .   The reason. We are playing each other 2 weeks later   bloody farce bigger crowd on a sat & less chance of a backlog . So does that mean no teams can play each other it another fixture is forthcoming.
Better not draw your forthcoming league team in a cup then
Hopefully last season in the juniors bring on a west pyramid.  iMO
Pollok are playing Meadow on 1st September.

7 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I’m on the outside looking in (don’t follow a particular team and just watch the juniors when it suits) but I’m an avid follower of this forum and junior news and I too think the new fixtures guy is getting a bit too much of a hard time.

Let’s give him at least a year and see if he can reduce the end of season back log, if he can do that then he will be reasonably successful.

I agree with you but he needs to reflect , take advice and be 100% sure before he makes a decision. 

The fixture pile up is not caused by any one big decision but by lots of smaller ones that are cumulative in their impact. 

6 away games out of 7 for us. Including away ties to Beith, Clydebank, Pollok and Glenafton and Kilbirnie absolute shambles . We got told our home game v Clydebank had to be reversed because Clydebank were facing 4 away games in a row - a management committee decision apparently now when we ask for the favour in return for the Kilbirnie game it can’t be done. The reality is if you have someone on that poxy committee you will get things done for you. If not you just get shafted. 

Archived