Auchinleck v Clydebank

WitsTheGoalieDain?

I wasnt at the game yesterday so cant argue with anything you say ,I will say though I dont see this kind of behaviour at any games I go to and I have followed Talbot for nearly fifty years.
Yes, we hear shouts , and yes sometimes a bit over the top but I cant recall many occasions of actual fighting or threats of fighting....Talbot fans in general get on well with opposing fans .
Sorry you feel you had a bad experience. 

I cant speak to the challenges of fights but heard those shouts. The pie and bovril b*****ds one was arguably the best i’ve ever heard at football.
Undoubtedly though the folks at the wee program shop and the chap I spoke to at the pie stall were all decent and im happy to accept it was a vocal minority responsible for the hostility.
Quite happy to take a slagging for getting pumped.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Cooperman said:

I'm not much of a poster on here to be honest, but yesterday I had the displeasure of spending time among some of the most disgusting, vile, ignorant people I have ever seen in junior football.......and that was just the women. The guys were even worse! I moved at least 4 times, but no matter where I stood, it was always the same "junkie b@stard" "weegie scum" (ironic since Clydebank isn't in Glasgow"), "P&B b@stard", "show us yer medals", "homeless gypsy tramps" (again ironic since our home is Holm Park) etc etc and challenged to a fight from the minute I entered the ground until about 5 minutes after leaving it. I know most teams have mouthy idiots who follow them

Were you the guy that was screaming and chucked his can of fanta at the ground when the 4th goal went in? 

There was absolutely no animosity between the fans in the main stand and the only group of fans I heard mouthing off was a small knot of Bankies fans to the right of the stand who moaned at the ref all game.

Nothing much in it in the 1st half but I thought we were tremendous in the 2nd half. The Bankies defence couldn't handle Shanks or G.

2 minutes ago, murphy1970 said:

There was absolutely no animosity between the fans in the main stand and the only group of fans I heard mouthing off was a small knot of Bankies fans to the right of the stand who moaned at the ref all game.

Yeah I certainly didnt pick up anything camera wise apart from those bankies to the right, one of which was screaming sweary words and chucked their almost full can down in rage. 

Can't comment on yesterday as obviously not there but on our visit to Auchenleck last season in the cup then I'm very surprised and disappointed to read this as we ( St Rochs ) had a fantastic day out and treated very well by everyone at the football club and despite recommended segregation both sets of fans watched a smashing cup tie together without a hint of bother .

If true hopefully Auchenleck weed out the trouble makers as they are a fantastic club with fantastic people working hard there on behalf of the club and a support which is both friendly and fair .

Dont believe everything the bankies fans have written on here a lot of it is sour grapes, they turned up yesterday expecting to take something from the game after the start they have had to the season and were soundly pumped, we have had the result at holm park last season rammed down our throats almost every week on here since it happened so yesterday they got some back and didn,t like it, get over it instead of greetin like a bunch of weans

Sadly it was at Auchinleck  where Pollok fans have been subjected to really nasty anti Semitic abuse.Because we were from the south side of Glasgow and every single person who lives there is Jewish and that merits abuse.....????

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

Sadly it was at Auchinleck  where Pollok fans have been subjected to really nasty anti Semitic abuse.Because we were from the south side of Glasgow and every single person who lives there is Jewish and that merits abuse.....????

To be fair they weren't on here posting after your last match as they lost so the jury is still out on what was said after that match from a both sides point of view.

Nothing much in it in the 1st half but I thought we were tremendous in the 2nd half. The Bankies defence couldn't handle Shanks or G.

I know the guys you are talking about [emoji23][emoji23] They love a good moan at the referee- they do it every week[emoji23]

10 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

To be fair they weren't on here posting after your last match as they lost so the jury is still out on what was said after that match from a both sides point of view.

I haven’t heard the anti Semitic stuff in the last few years but we got it full on many times in the past sadly.

5 hours ago, Cooperman said:

I'm not much of a poster on here to be honest, but yesterday I had the displeasure of spending time among some of the most disgusting, vile, ignorant people I have ever seen in junior football.......and that was just the women. The guys were even worse! I moved at least 4 times, but no matter where I stood, it was always the same "junkie b@stard" "weegie scum" (ironic since Clydebank isn't in Glasgow"), "P&B b@stard", "show us yer medals", "homeless gypsy tramps" (again ironic since our home is Holm Park) etc etc and challenged to a fight from the minute I entered the ground until about 5 minutes after leaving it. I know most teams have mouthy idiots who follow them, but take a bow Talbot fans.....the most disgusting you are likely to meet anywhere.  It's not banter..... the venom is such that I'm surprised there aren't full scale riots at each of their home games and it can only be the restraint shown by visiting fans that prevents it. You'd think with a successful team, decent ground, expectancy of winning etc they would be more welcoming, but no. Vile, disgusting people. No wonder people don't like you.......it's not due to the clubs success, believe me. 

You must have been on some top quality drugs yesterday. The type that make you delusional. Have a pop by all means but keep the lies to yourself, you do yourself no favours.

I met up with numerous Bankies fans yesterday, had some good banter, talked some good football. You sir, are a cad.

You must have been on some top quality drugs yesterday. The type that make you delusional. Have a pop by all means but keep the lies to yourself, you do yourself no favours.
I met up with numerous Bankies fans yesterday, had some good banter, talked some good football. You sir, are a cad.

Cant speak for the fighting chat, definitely didnt see or hear anyone challenging anyone to fight but the weegie b*****d, pie and bovril b*****d(although that one made me laugh) and the homeless shouts 100% did happen along with a few break his leg type shouts (which did actually come from female supporters). Don’t necessarily think its representative of the entire Talbot support as I too had some decent conversation ( maybe it was with yourself).

36 minutes ago, Kilbowie's Finest said:

I know the guys you are talking about emoji23.pngemoji23.png They love a good moan at the referee- they do it every weekemoji23.png

I'm no stranger myself to a wee moan at the officials.

To be fair, there's plenty of scope most weeks 

From the highlights that looked like two good football teams that got it down and played. We missed some golden opportunities first half and Talbot were clinical in the 2nd.

the end. 

Talbot are a great side with a totally phenomenal record let’s get that clear.They will be right up there again this season.As for us-we have gone backwards so no chance of challenging.Let players go and have brought in guys who are weaker in every position.

Have to laugh at these comments of abuse by the Bankies.

Was in listening distance to certain older bankie idiots calling Talbot fans fucking inbreds.Doing this as they stood amongst them on the Talbot end.

So pleeeasse don't come on here and play the poor me card.

Must be time toot tje bankies to moan about the juniors and we are nor a junior team rant to start?

Ps. Kenny131 hiya beithboy aka Hertha hiya [emoji23]

Archived