Auchinleck v Clydebank

WitsTheGoalieDain?

Just being honest I don’t think many if any junior teams play through the thirds, out from the back etc.

Tends to be down to poor pitches, weather, pitch size and quality of player often makes it difficult to do so. 

I dont get the Talbot bashing on how they play. So they play back to front, so do most teams including ourselves a lot of the time. You play to your strengths, if you win games then it’s justified. We were poor yesterday but we won so it’ll be ok. 

In any case it should be an interesting one, competitive. 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, catakoom said:

And so does the TWELVE stars on our badge

You actually think those 12 stars means something in Scottish football lol  you may be the most successful in the junior cup but you’re still a club that wants to be the big fish in a small pond with no ambition of testing yourselves in the pyramid just in case you get found out. And before you accuse me of Talbot bashing far from it I’ve always said you are the benchmark but to use 12 stars for a cup that doesn’t even have a sponsor is laughable 

You actually think those 12 stars means something in Scottish football lol  you may be the most successful in the junior cup but you’re still a club that wants to be the big fish in a small pond with no ambition of testing yourselves in the pyramid just in case you get found out. And before you accuse me of Talbot bashing far from it I’ve always said you are the benchmark but to use 12 stars for a cup that doesn’t even have a sponsor is laughable 

Just like Celtics 1 star for the European Cup or Rangers stars for titles. Its all about wherever you play and playing to your best ability. Talbot have earned there right.

Found out? Where? In the LL Leagues? Let's get the system sorted before you slag Talbot ffs. Llok towards the sjfa before us.

No idea what team you follow niko but for so many people to follow and support a small team from East Ayrshire is amazing.

On the football side of things everyone bashes Talbot because they have been a top junior team for years. It goes with with territory. Seen big name players come to Talbot and falter because they can't get into the side.

I've watched Talbot for years and sometimes its not pretty but I've also watched Rangers/Celtic and Scotland and tbh all haved been dreadful.

Take a look at the way our club is run against bigger budgeted clubs and you'll see we fair good.

The future is positive for is whichever way it goes.

EPPP

Just like Celtics 1 star for the European Cup or Rangers stars for titles. Its all about wherever you play and playing to your best ability. Talbot have earned there right.  

Found out? Where? In the LL Leagues? Let's get the system sorted before you slag Talbot ffs. Llok towards the sjfa before us.

No idea what team you follow niko but for so many people to follow and support a small team from East Ayrshire is amazing.

On the football side of things everyone bashes Talbot because they have been a top junior team for years. It goes with with territory. Seen big name players come to Talbot and falter because they can't get into the side.

I've watched Talbot for years and sometimes its not pretty but I've also watched Rangers/Celtic and Scotland and tbh all haved been dreadful.

Take a look at the way our club is run against bigger budgeted clubs and you'll see we fair good.

The future is positive for is whichever way it goes.

EPPP

Why do you lot chant made up words at the games? What does eeka peeka mean? [emoji848]

Will reiterate the point I've made previously that Talbot played some of the more watchable football I saw last season between the turn of the year and reaching the Scottish final. 

They seemed to lose a bit of form at that stage and reverted to the more direct stuff. I suppose it could just be down to a tactical pragmatism on Tuckers part, or maybe the long ball approach is less energy sapping when you're playing three games a week with constantly rotating personnel. 

Who really knows though?  All I'm sure of is that Talbot can outplay most of the sides in the juniors on their day or, if need be, can adapt to less pretty methods more effectively. 

Think am one of the few Talbot fans, certainly on here, who really look forward to a game with the Bankies.

Enjoy the travelling support and the atmosphere that such a support brings to a game. Thought the atmosphere at the 2009 Junior Cup Final was as good as any I've seen since 1992 when we had the Glens derby.

I enjoy the banter with them. I have quite a few come into our programme hut and spend money - which makes me very happy indeed - and always have a grand chat about all things fitba with them.

Like Goldie Black, I reckon it's which Talbot team turn up on the day. If it's the team that turned the Glens over big style at New Cumnock this season there's only one place the three points are going. If it's the team performance against Darvel the Bankies will be heading back home with a smile on their collective coupons.

Whatever the result, hope it's a game worthy of it's deserved status.

Roadworks outside Mauchline will put at least 20-30 minutes onto your journey if your travelling from Kilmarnock. I'm unsure if they will be in place on Saturday, but it would be in your best interests to check.

Think am one of the few Talbot fans, certainly on here, who really look forward to a game with the Bankies.
Enjoy the travelling support and the atmosphere that such a support brings to a game. Thought the atmosphere at the 2009 Junior Cup Final was as good as any I've seen since 1992 when we had the Glens derby.
I enjoy the banter with them. I have quite a few come into our programme hut and spend money - which makes me very happy indeed - and always have a grand chat about all things fitba with them.
Like Goldie Black, I reckon it's which Talbot team turn up on the day. If it's the team that turned the Glens over big style at New Cumnock this season there's only one place the three points are going. If it's the team performance against Darvel the Bankies will be heading back home with a smile on their collective coupons.

Oh I think quite a lot of folks on both sides and beyond the clubs like this fixture, there’s a bit of bite about it (and in a friendly enough way).
If Talbot perform well and Clydebank do also it’ll be a cracking last visit to Auchinleck for fans to remember. Ive watched the last two Bankies games and they were very poor, if they play as they have in those matches then they could be on the end of a pumping.

We are looking a poor side at the moment.We have shipped out good players like Rowan,Heppy and Little who will all do well for you guys-and have brought in lesser quality and very questionable replacements.The defence featuring a cumbersome trialist fullback and the very ponderous and average Boyle are incapable of defending a lead and the frontline led by Gormley who is slow and very overweight and Stuart McCann who is excellent but has to do it all himself can’t score goals.Big job for the manager this season-3 draws so far already has is adrift and we actually look incapable of winning games.Pressure on the back room will mount unless we start looking a hell of a lot better soon.

As for McCluskey he is a very good player but it appears has gone AWOL-there were rumours of him training with Stenhousemuir or Alloa I think.Another big loss and Lok should have been doing everything to get him back.He is I believe a signed player too!!

Little , Hepburn and Rowan have all made good starts to the season - they will hopefully prove to be good signings . Several other new signings have also started well - maybe just need another couple in. At Christmas last season we had 5 pts? So big improvement so far !! [emoji23][emoji106]

We are looking a poor side at the moment.We have shipped out good players like Rowan,Heppy and Little who will all do well for you guys-and have brought in lesser quality and very questionable replacements.The defence featuring a cumbersome trialist fullback and the very ponderous and average Boyle are incapable of defending a lead and the frontline led by Gormley who is slow and very overweight and Stuart McCann who is excellent but has to do it all himself can’t score goals.Big job for the manager this season-3 draws so far already has is adrift and we actually look incapable of winning games.Pressure on the back room will mount unless we start looking a hell of a lot better soon.
As for McCluskey he is a very good player but it appears has gone AWOL-there were rumours of him training with Stenhousemuir or Alloa I think.Another big loss and Lok should have been doing everything to get him back.He is I believe a signed player too!!
I thought Gormley had retired through knee injuries?

5 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Oh I think quite a lot of folks on both sides and beyond the clubs like this fixture, there’s a bit of bite about it (and in a friendly enough way).
If Talbot perform well and Clydebank do also it’ll be a cracking last visit to Auchinleck for fans to remember. Ive watched the last two Bankies games and they were very poor, if they play as they have in those matches then they could be on the end of a pumping.

I did quantify it by saying one of the few Talbot fans on P&B who like the game. Think most non P&B fans will enjoy it for what it is.

1 hour ago, Talbot 78 said:
3 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

I thought Gormley had retired through knee injuries?

To be honest we all did but he has appeared.Great player in his day but done now I’m afraid.It is just disappointing to see what was a really good squad last season broken up and weakened.Cant see us challenging for the league or Cup.

Great post [emoji1319]

Archived