Livi Colts v Forfar *FREE ENTRY TONIGHT*

ATLIS

2 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I took the wee boy along tonight as I'm local, and, well, it was free. 

Not a great game, fairly wasteful all round. Livingston looked promising in the second half but continually wasted good advances due to the number 10's refusal to use his right side and turn back onto his left infield. Some good link up play and the right back's overlaps seemed to cause Forfar problems.

Forfar were rapid on the counter, going to 10 nearly suited them, soaking it up and Baird on the counter.

Was very surprised to see Keaghan Jacobs turn out for Livingston Colts, which I'm sure he's ineligible for.

Remember you are allowed 2 overage players.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keaghan was the obvious stand out but honestly I thought he was a lucky boy to stay on the park, the tackle on Travis was over the ball and pretty bad, I’ve certainly seen red cards for that. 

Easton was a silly boy too, can’t for the life of me work out what he was thinking, it was a foul and a yellow card, you don’t react right in front of the referee, the fact Weir the Forfar manager had a go at him as he went of would tell a big story. 

Not as good a performance from the young lions as last week but think a lot of that had to do with Forfar being a lot better than last week. 

Onto the next round and now to wait and see what ridiculous time the kick off is in Sligo, checked the flights a 1:45 kick off would be ideal. 

3 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:
3 hours ago, Loonytoons said:
Easton will miss the journey to Ireland (or the next CC game next season).

Sky Sports saying violent conduct. Sure that's an immediate ban

3 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Pretty sure it's cup specific but could be wrong.

It's both. Violent Conduct is a two match ban. One in immediate next game, one competition specific.

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

If its violent conduct and a straight red you miss the next 1st team game. If its 2 yellows you would miss the next CC game.

You're a game short in violent conduct but yes.

Watched us play Celtic colts a couple of years back and can comfortably say they're the worst side I've ever seen us play so I'm surprised that our u20s not only competed well against Forfar but were the better team in both games. The red card made it easier for us when Fanny Dylan Easton punched Reece Rintoul in the back of the leg, pretty sure Rintoul tripped himself before fouling Easton as well what a fud, tripping over the gate made it even funnier.

Pignatello and Matthew "I had a trial for Man Utd" Knox were getting far too much space down the right side. Knox proceeded to waste every chance he had by cutting in and hitting his shots right down the keepers throat every time. Even his free kicks were getting hit when he should have crossed them.

John Baird though[emoji23] given dogs abuse in the lead up to his penalty then the fucker missed. Clearly wound up to f**k though, when Adam Watson missed his penalty Baird cupped his ears at the Livi fans [emoji23].

Deserved win, roll on Sligo will probably go over.

1 hour ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I took the wee boy along tonight as I'm local, and, well, it was free. 

Not a great game, fairly wasteful all round. Livingston looked promising in the second half but continually wasted good advances due to the number 10's refusal to use his right side and turn back onto his left infield. Some good link up play and the right back's overlaps seemed to cause Forfar problems.

Forfar were rapid on the counter, going to 10 nearly suited them, soaking it up and Baird on the counter.

Was very surprised to see Keaghan Jacobs turn out for Livingston Colts, which I'm sure he's ineligible for.

According to the team sheet that #10 was Matthew Knox, he's moving to Rangers at some point don't you know.

Another enjoyable game, good crowd too, 460 of us taking advantage of the free entry. One cleared off the line but the colts suffering from the same as our first team and lacking someone with a clinical touch up front. Agree about Knox being wasteful and greedy, still not seeing the hype about him.

Couple of good saves from Pettigrew too when we got hit on the counter attack, looked a lot more assured than last week where he made a couple of bloomers from high balls, although he made some cracking saves in that game too.

Think the colts deserved to get the win, dominated play for most of the game and looked the better team in both games. Might struggle for players against Sligo though, read we have a lot of them on loan to other teams that will be playing a game on that day too, dunno if we can get them back for the Irnbru cup game if their loan team needs them. 

9 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Think the colts deserved to get the win, dominated play for most of the game and looked the better team in both games. Might struggle for players against Sligo though, read we have a lot of them on loan to other teams that will be playing a game on that day too, dunno if we can get them back for the Irnbru cup game if their loan team needs them. 

Pretty sure Livi have the final say, so if the club would want them playing against Sligo then they can take them along for it regardless of how much the loaning club are against it.

12 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Another enjoyable game, good crowd too, 460 of us taking advantage of the free entry. One cleared off the line but the colts suffering from the same as our first team and lacking someone with a clinical touch up front. Agree about Knox being wasteful and greedy, still not seeing the hype about him.

Couple of good saves from Pettigrew too when we got hit on the counter attack, looked a lot more assured than last week where he made a couple of bloomers from high balls, although he made some cracking saves in that game too.

We can just take them, they're all on development loans so we can just take them without asking. 

5 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Pretty sure Livi have the final say, so if the club would want them playing against Sligo then they can take them along for it regardless of how much the loaning club are against it.

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

We can just take them, they're all on development loans so we can just take them without asking. 

Ok, cheers.:thumsup2

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We don't want good crowds for Colt games, it only encourages them.

Aye right enough, damn free entry attracting us free loaders. :ph34r:

On 8/22/2018 at 10:31, LiviLion said:

23 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Actually, you're both 100% wrong. It's a condition in SPFL Loans (there's no such thing as Development Loans any longer but the same condition existed with those too) that in the event of fixture clashes (both teams playing within a day of each other) then selection priority LIES WITH THE BORROWING CLUB.

If their borrowing club want them they are entitled to have them. Of course in practice, the two clubs will talk and if Livi want them then Livi will get them because to enforce their legal right to prevent it would certainly lead to not getting players again, and potentially to the existing loan being outright cancelled. So I'm sure in practice you'll be able to play whoever you want to play in the game, but you will have to actually speak to the other clubs.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Actually, you're both 100% wrong. It's a condition in SPFL Loans (there's no such thing as Development Loans any longer but the same condition existed with those too) that in the event of fixture clashes (both teams playing within a day of each other) then selection priority LIES WITH THE BORROWING CLUB.

If their borrowing club want them they are entitled to have them. Of course in practice, the two clubs will talk and if Livi want them then Livi will get them because to enforce their legal right to prevent it would certainly lead to not getting players again, and potentially to the existing loan being outright cancelled. So I'm sure in practice you'll be able to play whoever you want to play in the game, but you will have to actually speak to the other clubs.

Fair enough, was basing it on a tweet by the Fauldhouse manager who said Livi have the final say. Maybe just means he's happy for the player to go if Livi want him. 

Provided we have some other younger guys ready to step up (perhaps not with the disbanding of the academy), I think the players should stay with the loan club where possible. We definitely should not be taking more than 4 subs over.

On 26/08/2018 at 12:12, LIVIFOREVER said:

I read Pettigrew saying Gary Maley would be in goal v Sligo.

Would hope not, would rather we used the slots for older players to give game time to guys coming back from injuries. Assuming they're still struggling for fitness, I'd be happy for two of Hardie, Sibbald and Jacobs to start in Ireland.

Reserves having a game on the Monday might have something to do with it though.

Archived