Dortmund

Loki

It wasn't at the Scotland game. Perhaps international rule
For a while anyway, I'm sure the euro qualifiers were alcohol free and the world cup ones weren't. Different rules with fifa and Uefa? I'm sure we had booze in Croatia at the world cup qualifiers. Unless we were so fucked we didn't realise we were drinking 0% shite!

3 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:
5 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
It wasn't at the Scotland game. Perhaps international rule

For a while anyway, I'm sure the euro qualifiers were alcohol free and the world cup ones weren't. Different rules with fifa and Uefa? I'm sure we had booze in Croatia at the world cup qualifiers. Unless we were so fucked we didn't realise we were drinking 0% shite!

Brazil had a zero alcohol rule for safety reasons until FIFA forced them to sell Bud or some shite at the World Cup.

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, juansebastianvernon said:

How easy is it to get Dortmund tickets? Struggling to find out online.

Depends on the game really but most go to public sale. You just need to be online either right at the start of the public sale or be fortunate to go on when extra tickets have been released. 

3 hours ago, juansebastianvernon said:

How easy is it to get Dortmund tickets? Struggling to find out online.

Me and a couple of pals paid 80 Euros each from some absolute bam on Viagogo. The seats weren't where they were advertised to be and the cost was about 4x the normal price. Absolute stupidity, don't make the same mistake.

37 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

For a run of the mill league game you can get a ticket from Viagogo or similar plus 2 nights in Düsseldorf for about £150 (presuming 2 people sharing a room)

So around £185 isn't too bad then if he's having trouble getting tickets.

So around £185 isn't too bad then if he's having trouble getting tickets.
He's struggling to find out how easy it is to get Dortmund tickets, not struggling to get them.

If £185 for tickets and 2 nights in a hotel in Dortmund 'isn't bad' compared to the same category tickets and staying in a much better city but paying £35 more per person, then yes. If not, no.

• 6 months later...

So my trip to Dortmund happened last week, and it was a really worth while experience.  We elected to go to Dusseldorf, a very vibrant city with lots of pubs and restaurants in a picturesque area by the Rhine.  Wasn't even that expensive.  Drinks were about £4 a pint, and you could easily get dinner for about fifteen quid.

Travel in to Dortmund was by train (free if you have a match ticket, but ensure you get the local trains, national trains will cost you).  I attempted to get the match tickets by official means, but the initial allocation were sold out to the public.  But you can attempt to try each day as more and more get added.  Due to the difficult nature we got tickets via Viagogo, which ended up about 50 euros each.  However if you were to risk it you would easily get match tickets outside the ground.  We had an extra one due to a drop out, and we sold it outside without even trying.  If you are in the standing area make sure you go in very early.  We went in about an hour before hand, and it was packed with the only standing space at the top of the stand in a walkway.  You were continually pushed passed and knocked into.  

The match itself was fantastic.  The atmosphere absolutely electric, and the rendition of You'll Never Walk Alone was breathtaking.  The place went absolutely bananas when Dortmund scored.

A great experience and would recommend it for everyone.  The shout about Dusseldorf was an excellent one.

Archived