MOST USED FOOTBALL CLICHE

Guest TOPFITTER

Guest TOPFITTER

He’s got it in his locker is one that annoys me as it suggests the player posses a skill but seldom uses it !!! If that is the case sack him 🤬

What are your love or hate cliches? Reasons not necessarily required [emoji106]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Landan Spiv

"Can't wait to hit the ground running with my new team mates" 

Always said by new signings to a club

Or

"Glad I signed for this club its a great place to be playing football" 

Again said by new signings without realising 1. They haven't played any football for their new club yet and 2. You might hate it in a week 

One for the fans at this level - aye, but who do you really support?

“The lads gave 110% today, I couldn’t of asked for any more”.......well they gave 100% then.

Since the Twitter craze started “Lads were ace, fans were great, poor result, we go again next week”.......just f**k off, fans were quiet because our stadiums are empty at this level, the lads weren’t great, you’re just trying to kiss ass.

The best one though, comes from the higher reaches of football, when some Johnny Foreigner comes out with “since I was a young lad I’ve dreamt about playing for this club” [emoji23]

Just now, BB_Bino said:

The best one though, comes from the higher reaches of football, when some Johnny Foreigner comes out with “since I was a young lad I’ve dreamt about playing for this club” emoji23.png

Two best examples of this:

1: Gareth Bale being on holiday in Spain and getting a shitey fake Real Madrid top (like every fucking kid on holiday to Spain got... either that or a Barca top) and Real Madrid throwing about a photo of him wearing it as tho' it was photographic evidence of Jesus walking on water.

2: Craig Bellamy coming from a "real Celtic part of Cardiff"

Two best examples of this:

1: Gareth Bale being on holiday in Spain and getting a shitey fake Real Madrid top (like every fucking kid on holiday to Spain got... either that or a Barca top) and Real Madrid throwing about a photo of him wearing it as tho' it was photographic evidence of Jesus walking on water.

2: Craig Bellamy coming from a "real Celtic part of Cardiff"

I also remember N’Guemo coming out with it when he signed for Celtic. He made out as a child, a group of 6 of them used to huddle around a radio in his home village in Cameroon to listen to Celtic games [emoji23]

Remember as well, this would of been the Celtic times pre-Fergus McCann, which made it even funnier.

Talking of Celtic, did Robbie Keane not say the same thing for Liverpool, Celtic and somewhere else?

"They're a team who like to play football" - Heard this a lot last season as a Livi fan. Surely all football teams try to play football

"He's got a wand of a left foot" - never heard of a wand of a right foot

"He knows where the goal is" - There's 1 at each end of the pitch

Archived