Alloa v Stirling

headthebaw

I care.  I hate losing to Alloa.  Although if we're going to do it then the Challenge Cup is the best tournament to do it in.

Perhaps we'll meet again in League One in about 5 seasons.

Alloa are far superior to us at the moment and that isn't going to change any time soon, despite the fact we have more supporters.  In the meantime I'll console myself that we have a castle and Alloa doesn't.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The back and forth here is comedy. Two bald men arguing over who is balder.
Nobody cares though. No siree. Nuh uh. Not one bit.
I don't think any Alloa fans would claim not to care to be honest and there's only been really one Stirling fan claiming that he doesn't care.

I definitely do care.

And we get to go to Annan twice a season, glorious. Always look for positives!
I see your Annan and raise you two trips to Dumfries, Dingwall and Inverness.
I care.  I hate losing to Alloa.  Although if we're going to do it then the Challenge Cup is the best tournament to do it in.
Perhaps we'll meet again in League One in about 5 seasons.
Alloa are far superior to us at the moment and that isn't going to change any time soon, despite the fact we have more supporters.  In the meantime I'll console myself that we have a castle and Alloa doesn't.
Our tower is better than your castle

2 hours ago, Waspie said:

Overly flattering description of Stirling but fair point. Rather bizarre to see somebody getting so fired up as to describe Alloa as a despicable club in one of a number of posts in the thread, and then claim after losing that he doesn't care. And the Alloa fans care too. Losing last night would have been even more embarrassing than the pricing.

10 days till the next game. Goodwin needs to get some of these signings he keeps talking about sorted before Inverness.

He cares and hes hurting. Not be long until your match programme articles cover those vintage halcyon days when Alloa vs Stirling Albion was an actual contest.

Even with suspensions, illegible players and only one real outfield sub on the bench, it was a complete and utter training session for us last night- Stirling Uni would have given us more of a game.

13 hours ago, Wilky1878 said:

Is this even a rivalry anymore?

Any rivalry seems to be based purely on the two clubs being 8 miles or so from each other as it doesn’t come from any on field rivalry.  We’ve only been in the same division 7 times out of the last 28 seasons and only one of those 7 seasons saw both clubs challenging each other to win the league or fight relegation. 

I’ve never understood why there’s supposed to be a rivalry with Alloa yet Stenhousemuir is only a mile further away and nobody gives a shit about them.

25 minutes ago, miketheheadlesschicken said:

Any rivalry seems to be based purely on the two clubs being 8 miles or so from each other as it doesn’t come from any on field rivalry.  We’ve only been in the same division 7 times out of the last 28 seasons and only one of those 7 seasons saw both clubs challenging each other to win the league or fight relegation. 

I’ve never understood why there’s supposed to be a rivalry with Alloa yet Stenhousemuir is only a mile further away and nobody gives a shit about them.

~10 years ago the games had a real bite to them and everyone was up for it. It was a real spectacle. There was a real rivalry as we were both battling for promotion to the championship.

The only reason there isn't now on the pitch  is cause you lot are a shambles. Honestly, last night in Jim's interview, he was bemused Stirling didn't want to come get the ball. Hence Alloa stroking around at the back for probably a grand total of half an hour in the 90 minutes.

28 minutes ago, miketheheadlesschicken said:

For whatever reason a meaningful rivalry never developed between Alloa and Stenhousemuir either. Having just looked into this, games between Alloa and King's Park had an edge from the early 1880's. Stirling Albion took that on after WW2, indeed derby crowds appear to have helped their argument in getting Annfield developed. And even a factor in the naming of the club. I've been an Alloa fan since 1988, with no axe to grind with Stirling as a town, but from the start I could see the wee edge in those games. I know you have posted before that you don't see this, but I suspect you're in a small minority. 

Regardless of the sport, local rivalry always adds to an occasion. Shame the pricing and crowd detracted from things last night. I do hope the club have taken note. 

3 hours ago, Waspie said:

Overly flattering description of Stirling but fair point. Rather bizarre to see somebody getting so fired up as to describe Alloa as a despicable club in one of a number of posts in the thread, and then claim after losing that he doesn't care. And the Alloa fans care too. Losing last night would have been even more embarrassing than the pricing.

10 days till the next game. Goodwin needs to get some of these signings he keeps talking about sorted before Inverness.

Also the Premiership U21's going out means clubs are more likely to want to get them out on loan and in first teams. Like Hearts for instance...

Crowd of 332 at last nights game, if they had priced it sensibly like £10/£12 for Adults and say £6 for seniors and let under 12`s in for free with paying Adult reckon they could have easily doubled the crowd last night if not more. 

An example of a football club shooting themselves in the foot imo. Fans are not mugs and will vote with their feet to boycott games like this, when some sensible pricing would have been more rewarding.  Hopefully some lessons have been learned by the Alloa Board in this respect. 

Don't talk rubbish Doubled the crowd the board at Alloa are more than fair to the fans just look at the season book early bird offer . I was happy to pay £17 last night . No one forced anyone to come out the house last night but to say the crowd would have doubled is just not true . proven in the past cutting prices just doesnt work 

~10 years ago the games had a real bite to them and everyone was up for it. It was a real spectacle. There was a real rivalry as we were both battling for promotion to the championship.

Even that Scottish cup game a few years back had a real bite to it.

Stirling - Alloa will always be a rivalry. Its not much of a contest for yourselves currently, but once we’ve got all these problems sorted it will be a contest again.

Don't talk rubbish Doubled the crowd the board at Alloa are more than fair to the fans just look at the season book early bird offer . I was happy to pay £17 last night . No one forced anyone to come out the house last night but to say the crowd would have doubled is just not true . proven in the past cutting prices just doesnt work 

Thanks Mike [emoji57]

3 hours ago, Newmember said:

Really I think you underestimate the away support the Albion have. Given the fact that this was a local derby and as I said if the Alloa Board had priced it sensibly you would have got a lot more Albion fans their and maybe a few more of your own fans as well. 

If your happy to pay £17 to watch this game, then no problems but I`m quite sure a few Alloa fans were not going to pay the £17 to get in last night, those with kids would have to fork out another £4 to get a kid in. Extortion imo they should have been allowed in for free with a paying Adult. Most expensive tie to watch last night, that's nothing to be proud off imo. 

Give it a rest Mike you baldy weapon :)

2 hours ago, rhliston said:

Really I think you underestimate the away support the Albion have. Given the fact that this was a local derby and as I said if the Alloa Board had priced it sensibly you would have got a lot more Albion fans their and maybe a few more of your own fans as well. 

If your happy to pay £17 to watch this game, then no problems but I`m quite sure a few Alloa fans were not going to pay the £17 to get in last night, those with kids would have to fork out another £4 to get a kid in. Extortion imo they should have been allowed in for free with a paying Adult. Most expensive tie to watch last night, that's nothing to be proud off imo. 

You pay £12 to watch shite every week

27 minutes ago, Newmember said:

You pay £12 to watch shite every week

No I don't have a season ticket which costs £10 per game. Much better value imo. Would not pay £17 per game to watch Alloa overpriced and the facilities are better at Forthbank as well. 

Archived