Alloa v Stirling

headthebaw

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£17

Who’s going?

Not me going to Camelon Juniors instead, £3 to get in as opposed to £9 for seniors. For that money with refreshments and half time raffle it costs me £7:50. With my bus pass costs me nothing for transport.

Also for a little bit extra could get a drink at the Social Club.

Also charging £4 for Under 16’s as well a disgrace. A father and son going to this game will cost £21 minus costs for transport to get their and refreshments.

Alloa have a brass neck to charge £17 for this game, hope the Albion support boycott this game in protest.

Diddy Cup tie imo.

£17 is embarrassing for an Irn Bru cup game, I’m not shocked at all though.

I won’t be there just like the vast majority of our support. Shame we have to boycott the derby because of absolute greed by that Mulraney.

Alloa do a lot of things right but it's unfortunate that the club continue to shoot themselves in the foot over things like this. Charging full price for Betfred Cup group games and Irn Bru Cup matches is ridiculous. In this case it's a particularly poor call as a lower price would probably have attracted a half decent crowd out for a derby game. Instead, we'll most likely get a shite  crowd. That said, "despicable club" would appear to be a slight overreaction. 

As for the game, the team can count themselves unlucky to have lost both league matches so far. Important to go for the win here to keep the confidence up. Believe Spencie is banned which probably means Trouten up top. Cawley back in to support him and I'd get Flanny up there too with Robbo in the middle with Hetherington. 

10 hours ago, Waspie said:

Alloa do a lot of things right but it's unfortunate that the club continue to shoot themselves in the foot over things like this. Charging full price for Betfred Cup group games and Irn Bru Cup matches is ridiculous. In this case it's a particularly poor call as a lower price would probably have attracted a half decent crowd out for a derby game. Instead, we'll most likely get a shite  crowd. That said, "despicable club" would appear to be a slight overreaction. 

As for the game, the team can count themselves unlucky to have lost both league matches so far. Important to go for the win here to keep the confidence up. Believe Spencie is banned which probably means Trouten up top. Cawley back in to support him and I'd get Flanny up there too with Robbo in the middle with Hetherington. 

Not that I agree that every game is the same value but I've spoke to people at the club before about the prices usually before the Betfred because every year like clockwork there's complaints.  The rational is that every game costs roughly the same to put on in stewards, referees, staffing, player bonuses and we don't treat any competition with unprofessional - "we don't care about this competition."

It's not a despicable money grab because fans are going to vote with their feet. It's just going to be if we have these prices we know 400 will turn up.

Say that 400 is all adults that's £6800. 

Say that in a parallel universe at  £10 we obviously need 681 adult fans to make more money. 

If I was making an argument the Alloa support + Stirling support all together easily goes over 1000. The trade off in extra stewarding can't be that big. Then you sell more pies, more programmes and generate a lot more interest from the local area. I don't for a second think everyone who'll be there for Stirling Albion will be vehemently anti-Alloa. A good showpiece game could lead people who wouldn't be at the games in the championship otherwise to go see us when Stirling are up in Elgin or Peterhead or down in Berwick or Annan.

Trying to think balanced though....

5 minutes thought on that is that when we play a Brechin, Stranraer, Arbroath, Elgin etc on a midweek game they'll bring 50 fans no matter what the costs are because the travel is too prohibitive. So as a club if you happen to go on a cup run and never get any money spinning games you could be putting your hand in your pocket to cover the fees just to play the match if you charge your own fans almost half of what they normally pay.

13 hours ago, Waspie said:

That might give spence some time to practice his shooting  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Not that I agree that every game is the same value but I've spoke to people at the club before about the prices usually before the Betfred because every year like clockwork there's complaints.  The rational is that every game costs roughly the same to put on in stewards, referees, staffing, player bonuses and we don't treat any competition with unprofessional - "we don't care about this competition."

It's not a despicable money grab because fans are going to vote with their feet. It's just going to be if we have these prices we know 400 will turn up.

Say that in a parallel universe at  £10 we obviously need 681 adult fans to make more money. 

If I was making an argument the Alloa support + Stirling support all together easily goes over 1000. The trade off in extra stewarding can't be that big. Then you sell more pies, more programmes and generate a lot more interest from the local area. I don't for a second think everyone who'll be there for Stirling Albion will be vehemently anti-Alloa. A good showpiece game could lead people who wouldn't be at the games in the championship otherwise to go see us when Stirling are up in Elgin or Peterhead or down in Berwick or Annan.

5 minutes thought on that is that when we play a Brechin, Stranraer, Arbroath, Elgin etc on a midweek game they'll bring 50 fans no matter what the costs are because the travel is too prohibitive. So as a club if you happen to go on a cup run and never get any money spinning games you could be putting your hand in your pocket to cover the fees just to play the match if you charge your own fans almost half of what they normally pay.

Even down to £15 for this would not lose too much , i am sure more people would turn up  at least a small reduction, probably make the same but  less complaints and better PR Also not fair on loyal Alloa fans  I have spent £51  on three games this season and i am a season ticket holder, its mounting up !!!

6 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

The club operate different categories of games in the very recent past, when it suited them to do so. Tonight's match is against lower league opposition and in the opening round of a competition that includes under 20 sides. Making it the same price as a Championship fixture is daft.  Somebody already pointed out that the final last season cost £15.

It's clear a lot of Stirling fans in particular aren't going to attend due to the pricing. The club will lose money tonight due to this. They are also being widely criticised on social media. A big own goal and one that undermines the community message. As I said, the club does a lot right so it's frustrating to see them get this so badly wrong. 

I'd like to see the authorities impose maximum prices for early Betfred and Irn Bru Cup ties. 

58 minutes ago, Waspie said:

The club operate different categories of games in the very recent past, when it suited them to do so. Tonight's match is against lower league opposition and in the opening round of a competition that includes under 20 sides. Making it the same price as a Championship fixture is daft.  Somebody already pointed out that the final last season cost £15.

It's clear a lot of Stirling fans in particular aren't going to attend due to the pricing. The club will lose money tonight due to this. They are also being widely criticised on social media. A big own goal and one that undermines the community message. As I said, the club does a lot right so it's frustrating to see them get this so badly wrong. 

I'd like to see the authorities impose maximum prices for early Betfred and Irn Bru Cup ties. 

You don't have to tell me about the social media criticism :lol: Noone realises I'm almost singularly the person that sees it. The board won't see it.

First derby game in a few years and a chance to get a decent crowd and atmosphere for it. Shame that the club keep the prices as ridiculous as that.

Its a shame so many of us feel the need to boycott the derby. Could have easily had a crowd at around 1000 if priced sensibly.

Andy Graham hatrick for the Albion.

£17 is crazy.

what is every bit as crazy is the colts game between killie and at mirren .if this was a reserve league game the entry fee would be zero but tonight they are charging £10.

are we trying to chase fans away from football?

Archived