Woman moans about Spain having too many Spaniards

9 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

She complained at the time as well. Which is why she got her original apartment on the 13th floor moved down to the 1st floor.

Clickbait headline aside the wummin has every right to complain and, by the sounds of it, has received adequate compensation for a number of horrendous f**k ups by the travel agent.

Doesn't sound like a wheelchair case if she managed 42 steps down to the swimming pool and back. And what 14 story hotel doesn't have a lift? Grifter trying to get a free holiday all the way imo. A weeks notice of a change in flight times isn't that bad or unusual.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ye realise lots of folk who use wheelchairs can manage some movement on their legs depending on their disablement? I'd imagine the choice of a knackering traipse up and down the stairs or just spending a whole fortnight in a hotel room might force yer hand a wee bit.

6 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Ye realise lots of folk who use wheelchairs can manage some movement on their legs depending on their disablement? I'd imagine the choice of a knackering traipse up and down the stairs or just spending a whole fortnight in a hotel room might force yer hand a wee bit.

The hotel has 4 lifts.

https://www.hotelesposeidon.com/en/Hotels-in-Alicante/Benidorm/Hotel-Poseidon-Playa/Rooms

Well... she is complaining.

The woman clearly has a complaint in terms of her accessibility, however all of these companies have in resort rep offices, had she phoned them (im sure the hotel would have had details) then they’d have sorted her issue.
She doesnt seem to be the brightest button and deserves the slagging for the too many Spanish comments. Sadly her own prejudices mean I have little sympathy for her legitimate concerns. A little bit of research would have shown her there are hilly areas in Benidorm, trip advisor would show if the hotel was suitable. The blame/compo culture has well and truly taken over.
Agree with the other posters that i’d be delighted to be in a hotel where I was the only guest speaking English, although I’ve no issue with the ‘red lion, full english lets watch corrie on holiday’ types i’d purposely avoid any contact with British people abroad.

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Interesting that you as a (barely) English speaker define the absence of other English speakers as, "No loud mouth, fat, Brexit wankers. No abundance of “Red Lion” pubs serving gammon and chips. Just peace."

You are plainly an idiot.

At what point did I say I barely spoke English? It’s quite clear the point I’m trying to make, anyone who goes on holiday to another country and would rather be surronded by Brits than immerse themselves in the local culture is a bit of a fanny.

Not at all shocked to see you trying to suck the life out of a discussion by being a pedantic arse, though.

Now f**k off you old bigot.

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Interesting that you as a (barely) English speaker define the absence of other English speakers as, "No loud mouth, fat, Brexit wankers. No abundance of “Red Lion” pubs serving gammon and chips. Just peace."

^^^Eats in Red Lion pubs on holiday.

11 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

To be fair, the things he describes are exactly what I imagine a holiday in Benidorm to be like.

18 hours ago, eez-eh said:

At what point did I say I barely spoke English? It’s quite clear the point I’m trying to make, anyone who goes on holiday to another country and would rather be surronded by Brits than immerse themselves in the local culture is a bit of a fanny.

Not at all shocked to see you trying to suck the life out of a discussion by being a pedantic arse, though.

Now f**k off you old bigot.

Och away ye fuckin go! That's just snobbery is what that is,  you go on holiday for what YOU want.  Sitting around in a "Blackpool in the sun" resort full of brits eating British food and watching British telly is not how I personally would want to holiday but I understand why others do - basically much like a holiday to the old British  seaside towns  without having to take a gamble on the weather.    Complaining about too many Spaniards in Spain is a bit silly mind you.    As an aside .. when I was with my ex we had a cheap last min deal to playa del inglis in gran canaria . the bit we were in was like an alternate universe. we were clearly in Spain- blue skies roasting weather locals driving like fuckin maniacs etc but everything was dutch. the shops. the pubs. the signs were all in dutch . the Amsterdam café in the centre served dutch food & beer (no hash tho!) . the rough looking, noisy day time drinking, heavy smoking crowd by the pool were all running around in feyenoord strips and towels rather than Chelsea or Millwall ones .  So we're not the only nation that behave like this. if there wasn't a market for it then it wouldn't exist

Archived